A Walk with Romance

DizzyDesii

Now that spring flings have flown by, a hot and sweaty summer romance can begin! I just wanted to give you guys a taste of romantic films that I enjoy. Let me know which you haven’t seen that you may consider checking out?

Bird On A Wire

is an action-packed romantic comedy where exes Mel Gibson and Goldie Hawn reunite in both love and possible death while on the run from some crooks that Mel snitched on.

A Walk with Romance

A Cinderella Story

is a teen romance that gives us Hilary Duff and Chad Michael Murray as pen pals not realizing they attend the same school. Things get more complicated when her wicked step family interferes with her getting into college and falling in love with the most popular guy in school.

Ella Enchanted

is a rom-com version of Cinderella but gives us more fantasy and fights as Anne Hathaway and her Prince fend off ogres and evil Kings. It doesn’t help that she is forced to remain obedient to those above her command.

Cinderella III A Twist in Time

continues the animated films but with a twist as the slipper ends up on the wrong foot. Only true love and a goodass memory can lift the spell.

A Walk with Romance

Little Mermaid

is my absolute fave Disney romance film. Many may consider Ariel’s actions to be desperate but I loved seeing how much she and Eric were willing to sacrifice for eachother. I love that man dammit!!

Aladdin

is my second fave Disney romance film as a Pauper is granted 3 wishes and uses most to pamper and impress a Princess. It teaches a lesson that not every relationship is driven by fame and fortune.

A Walk with Romance

First Daughter

is a romantic film with Katie Holmes playing the President’s daughter and eventually falling for her bodyguard who keeps a lookout on her while she attends college. I personally enjoyed this film more than The Bodyguard and Chasing Liberty.

A Walk with Romance

Princess Diaries 2

gives us more Anne Hathaway back in the saddle of romance. She’s the Queen’s granddaughter and falls for a threat to her Queendom. I mean Chris Pine has pulled Anne, Lindsay, Gal, Reese, lmao who's next?

A Walk with Romance

She’s All That

is one of my fave rom-coms and gives us the prince, no, literally Freddie Prinze Jr, as a popular teen who’s out to win a bet of making the least popular girl in school fall for him.

Grease

is a romantic musical starring Olivia Newton John and John Travolta as the popular guy in school goes after the new girl. The two also starred in another favorite of mine called Two of a Kind where they initially are not so fond of eachother.

Love Don’t Cost a Thing

is a remake of Can't Buy Me Love and honestly a funnier version in my opinion. Nick Cannon is all geeky and falls for the most popular girl in school, Christina Milian. She has to turn him popular as a reward for him paying off her debts.

A Walk with Romance

Maid in Manhattan

is similar to the others as Jennifer Lopez is the cleaning lady unintentionally out to steal the heart of rich hotel guest and politician, Ralph Fiennes. Its rare you find Voldemort falling in love.

A Walk with Romance

Heartbreakers

is a rom-com with Sigourney Weaver and Jennifer Love Hewitt out to con rich me into falling in love with them. But plans go haywire when one of the two truly starts to fall for someone. Rip Ray Liotta...

A Walk with Romance
A Walk with Romance

Think Like a Man

is a festivity of romance with several love stories coming into one. The all star cast includes Taraji P Henson, Kevin Hart, Gabrielle Union, and many more as the couples try to learn one another through Steve Harveys book thats breaking guy code. Relationship stories include dating a mama’s boy, a man on the come-up, a man afraid of commitment, and a man who’s not yet ready to grow up.

What Men Want

is a remake of What Women Want but instead of Mel Gibson, we get Taraji P Henson hearing the voices of men and learning how to win them over. Its like Think Like a Man but without the cheat sheet in text lol.

A Walk with Romance

Why Did I Get Married

is a Tyler Perry rom com that also brings together several stories in one. This all star cast includes Janet Jackson, Jill Scott, Michael Jai White and many more. Couples struggle with intimacy, commitment, infidelity, and loss. The play adaptation is great too.

Madea Family Reunion

is another Tyler Perry rom-com with a cast consisting of Boris Kodjoe, Blair Underwood, Rochelle Aytes, Lynn Whitfield, KeKe Palmer, and many more. The films includes storylines of escaping abuse, building trust, and spilling all the family secrets.

A Walk with Romance

A Thin Line Between Love And Hate

is a romantic thriller involving Martin Lawrence as he falls for his best friend Regina King and tries to survive a fallout with his obsessed ex Lynn Whitfield.

A Walk with Romance

What Happens in Vegas

is a rom-com starring Ashton Kutcher and Cameron Diaz as two strangers who have a one night stand, a one night marriage, and a chance in a lifetime at winning the lottery.

A Walk with Romance

Crazy Rich Asians

is a uniquely beautifully done rom-com as we see an Americanized Asian expected to live up to the expectations of her inlaws from another country. Its nice to see how the couple fends off the stereotypes throughout the film.

A Walk with Romance

No Reservations

is a rom-com taking love back to the kitchen as Aaron Eckhart is a new chef out to break down the walls of one tough cookie, Catherine Zeta Jones.

A Walk with Romance

Deliver Us From Eva

continues to break down walls as ladies man LL Cool J takes up a bet to turn Gabrielle Union, the toughest woman on the block, into a soft hopeless romantic.

Getting Played

is a rom-com where Carmen Elektra, Stacey Dash, and Vivica Fox team up to seduce Bill Bellamy, not realizing he’s ahead of the game.

A Walk with Romance

Meet Joe Black

is one of the few Brad Pitt films I find interesting. He’s hot but his acting and films are often not. In this romantic thriller, he plays death who has inhabited the body of a dead man. He’s come to take the life of another but falls for the guy’s daughter along the way.

A Walk with Romance

The Hitcher

is more of a suspense thriller but I found it romantic to see how hard Sophia Bush and her man go for eachother when on the run from deranged hitchhiker Sean Bean.

Abducted Fugitive For Love

is one of the few tv movies that appealed to me. Sexy Andrew Walker is hired to kill someone’s wife but falls for her along the way. It gets pretty steamy and I’m hear for it. Possibly a case of stockholms syndrome lmao

A Walk with Romance

The Best Man

is a steamy romantic drama where Taye Diggs thought it would be smart to release his novel regarding how he banged his best friends soon to be wife. Lol get the popcorn ready haha.

Bride And Prejudice

is a film I haven't seen in years but it regards an interracial romance between hottie Martin Henderson and the beautiful Aishwarya Rai with many looking to tear the two apart.

A Walk with Romance

Isn’t It Romantic

is a rom-com musical and love triangle starring Rebel Wilson, Adam Devine, and Liam Hemsworth. Will she go for the hot stranger or her friendly coworker?

This Means War

is like Twilight without the vampires and werewolves but throw in a couple of best friends (Chris Pine and Tom Hardy) who happen to be super spies out to score the same girl (Reese Witherspoon) lol!

A Walk with Romance

Jumping the Broom

is another romantic comedy as families reunite for a wedding. This one stars my baby Laz Alonso as he wins over Paula Patton (or vice versa) but her family is too uppity to welcome his with open arms.

The Parent Trap

is a romantic remake starring Dennis Quaid, Lindsay Lohan, and Natasha Richardson (deceased wife of Liam Neeson rip). Lindsay plays twins on the hunt to reunite her estranged parents before one of the two marries the worst person ever.

The Last Song

is a romantic drama quite similar to the Hannah Montana movie but rather sad than happy and with Miley setting her sights on Thor’s little bro instead. I really wish she had not wronged Liam in real life because they were seriously cute together.

#FeelFreeToList #RomancingTheStone

A Walk with Romance
12
4
4Girl Opinion
12Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• ElvenMr
    I need to rewatch Bird on a Wire, i don't remember anything from it.
    I've seen the original Cinderalla i think. I really like Aladdin and the Little Mermaid is not too bad.
    I need to watch the Madea movies too 😂
    I think i've seen The Hitcher, or just parts of it, and now i'm convinced you could find romantic things in any film lol
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• LovingLoverReturned
    I saw many of those. 4 of those I haven't seen that I may consider checking out are:

Love don't cost a thing
    Thin line between love and hate
    Abducted fugitive for love.
    First daughter
    I can't remember if I saw Bride and Prejudice... I've heard of all these movies, but not seen all.
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
    • DizzyDesii

Yea i know there's Pride and Prejudice and Bride and Prejudice as well as a zombie film with a similar title too. Bt my fave is the one above. First Daughter is absolutely a must see!! I watched it so much as a kid. Thin Line is a bit long but the ending is epic! Love Dont Cost a Thing had a great soundtrack and Christina is gorgeous in every scene. Abducted is rare and mainly just came on the Lifetime channel lol. But andrew is just so effin hot to me haha

• Ahh. I remember when I used to watch lifetime (LMN is the same?) when I used to watch TV. There were definitely some unforgettable movies like Love Thy Neighbors, House of Secrets etc... refreshing beyond plain romance. Bianca doesn't age. Lifetime movies has helped making me paranoid and cautious 🙃

• Neighbour*

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

311
  • wheresmrcunnunglis
    Very good list! If I could add another one it would be the movie, " Penelope" I FRIGGIN ADORE THIS MOVIE WITH ALL MY TEEN HEART! Damn... I might watch it again to get rid of this cynicism I'm dealing with. 🤣A Walk with Romance
    Like 1 Person
    • DizzyDesii

Lmao no i couldn’t with that film 🤣 I saw it once when it first came out and cringed everytime i saw her nose lol

• i lmao'd so hard as i imagined you cringing at the nose, completely understandable 😂 your list is still a bop without it

• SamIam96
    Grease. OMG. I'm hopelessly devoted to you, Olivia. Lol. I don't want new. I'm gonna grab me a beer and watch from the beginning.

Gotta say, I loved PD2. Anne is soooo hot. As are the Disney princesses.
    Like 1 Person
    • DizzyDesii

Hopelessly Devoted was always my go to karaoke song

• TrillXHippy
    I haven’t seen bird on a wire, a Cinderella story, Ella enchanted, Cinderella 3, First daughter, I think I’ve seen Princess diaries 2 but I’m not to sure, she’s all that, probably haven’t seen grease, maid in Manhattan, heartbreakers, what happens in Vegas, crazy rich Asians, no reservations, getting played, meet Joe Black, the hitcher, abducted fugitive for love, the best man?, bride and prejudice, isn’t it romantic, this means war, the parent trap, the last song.
    Like 1 Person
    • DizzyDesii

Wait so did you basically only see Princess Diaries and not see the rest? Lol

• I’ve seen jumping the broom, I’ve seen deliver us from Eva, I’ve seen a thin line, I’ve seen madea family reunion, I’ve seen why did I get married, I’ve seen what men want, I’ve seen think like a man, I’ve seen love don’t cost a thing, I’ve seen Aladdin, I’ve seen little mermaid

• DizzyDesii

Hope you liked em

• beebella
    I've seen a lot of these movies, but Crazy Rich Asians has to be my favorite on the list. It's one of the best Rom-Coms that has come out in recent years, in my opinion.
    I also just kinda love the soundtrack. 😄
    Like 1 Person
    • DizzyDesii

Yes that movie amazed the shit out of me! I thought it would be overrated but it was really good and refreshing. Not really a same ole same storyline

• TrueConfection
    I've seen a few, but less than half of those. I think Meet Joe Black is my favorite in that list.
    Like 1 Person
    • DizzyDesii

Which above do you think you may give a try?

• What Stays in Vegas looks like it might be good.

• DizzyDesii

Lmao What Happens in Vegas 🤣 but yea its really funny. They try to get the other to fck up so that they can keep the lotto money to themselves

• Loveisgirthy
    I probably should just watch all these again, been too many years for the one's I have seen and I imagine the ones I haven't seen would be worth watching for the first time. A Walk with RomanceThis rom-com struck my chords the most as I grew up. I can't really say why but I watched it at least 12 times in 1 week and several more the next couple years so. Testiment to something I guess lol
    • DizzyDesii

Damn. Guess i better check it some day.

• Lol I haven't seen it in a decade, I lived quite shelteredly at the time so if it ain't actually that great I'm sorry

• exitseven
    Quite a list. I think I saw Bird on a Wire, What men Want, Grease and The Little Mermaid.
    Like 1 Person
  • monkeynutts
    Goldie Hawn made an 80's flick called overboard, it is one of her best films.

One of my favourite films is Kate and Leopold. It's a science fiction time period rom com. Very good.
    • DizzyDesii

I tried overboard but got bored once she was retrieved from the water

• Maybe you like movies with more action.

• DizzyDesii

I just didn't find that one particularly interesting. I preferred Bird on a Wire

• TheCougarHunter
    I've seen Aladdin, The Little mermaid and She's all that.
    Like 1 Person
  • aquamarine321
    I have watched many of those as a child growing up, but now I’m not a fan of romance movies, I can’t relate and it’s for girls
    • DizzyDesii

Aww but Bird on a Wire, What Women Want, This Means War, and the Best Man was for guys lol

• Nah, I just can’t find it entertaining to watch romance movie, to be honest, is boring, that’s not made for guys

• ohsheeT
    I still can't taste it from here
  • msc545
    Great take - thanks!!!
    Like 1 Person
  • Nahid1707
    Nice my take honey and you do Love Disney 😊
  • Abdulwahh
    I like the song on cindarella story possibilities
    • DizzyDesii

I don't know if i know that one. But i recall the song i posted above for it

• Abdulwahh

Ok lol