Are the Addams family humans?

Or are they vampires, witches, ghosts or something else supernatural? #AddamsFamily #Entertainment
Are the Addams family humans?
Elaborate, please?
Interesting how different answers I gets. Some says they're all regular humans, while others think they're supernaturals. Hasn't the author come up with an answer? I guess they're supernaturals since they can survive things that's difficult to survive and can do many strange things. That hand is definitive supernatural.

2320

Most Helpful Girls

• The wife is a witch and her mother is also a witch but we don’t know much about her side of the family. Gomez Adams, I believe is a human man, and the rest of his family are pretty much everything else you can imagine. Gomez is actually a really creepy dude but I don’t necessarily believe he’s supernatural. His brother was probably a human man at one point. But his name is literally Fester. He’s a somewhat of a zombie. He’s alive I think, but he’s decaying.
    I’m not sure how the kids will turn out but I imagine the small boy will turn out to be like Uncle Fester and Wednesday will probably learn witchcraft like her mother.

• i found a similar question on quora, and the top response was
    "Well Uncle Fester I would think not because of his quirks and random appearance. While Pugsley and Wendsday is human as well as Grandma and Morticia and Gomez.

While Lurch is a Frankenstein sort of monster with this he could be half Adams being a amalgamation of sorts would lead him to be some sort of human.

Thing being a thing or human as such when Thing gets Thingnapped they wondered if they shall report his kidnapping as a missing thing or a lost person. As such Thing is a humanoid hand. Which as his species is Thing. The question is Is the Adam’s Family human? Was being past tense which would have assumed that they were human at one point. And yes most of them were Human in physical Adams in quirks."
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

Most Helpful Guys

• Nope. The Addams clan is just as human as you or I.
    Their tastes are iconoclastic, their lifestyle choices are at odds with much of society, but they could never be described as anti-social or un-dead. They are best described as different but very loving and close.

• Witches are human... I think that's what at least some of them are. I recall Wednesday saying she wanted to take after a dead relative who had been burned at the stake and the mom said she had to go to college first.

Apart from that, it seems like the family has been effected by witchcraft or alchemy in a variety of ways over the generations leading them to be whatever the heck they are currently.