Is whatsapp only for hookups?

I'm just wondering because my boyfriend is saying his coworker (male) asked him to get one to talk to him. He keeps calling him around midnight... Then he told me his mechanic in Tijuana, Mexico doesn't have phone lines and wanted him to get one to send pictures of cars... I just thought it was weird.

The only time someone asked me for WhatsApp was when guys wanted to hook up and talk. I just told them no, I have a boyfriend and never downloaded it. I'm wondering what whatsapp is and what it's used for though.

49

Most Helpful Guys

• Whatsapp is for other thing like group studying , work , friends.. but its also a app for hookups and phone sex..

• I’m afraid WhatsApp is not a hookup app. It is a communication app used by individuals, friends, families, and loved ones to connect with each other, to keep in touch and share stories, pictures, audios, videos, and documents.

7 years ago it was expensive to keep in touch with a friend or family member in another country. WhatsApp eliminated this cost by allowing people to text and call for free using a WiFi or 3/4G connection.

The benefits of WhatsApp over the traditional means of texting and calling became popular even to friends and family members who live in the same city, town, or country.

WhatsApp has never been a hookup app, though people can use it to hookup just as people can use email or phone calls to hookup.

Most Helpful Girls

• Here everyone just uses it to communicate, and I mean EVERYONE. Families, friends, work mates... It has nothing to do with hookups. It has replaced text messages completely.

• Eh? You met the wrong kind of guys, lol. I used Whatsapp to talk to my loved ones and also use it to talk to other people for work purposes. It's better than the default text messaging system. It sends messages in an instant. You can share your pics and important documents Whatsapp etc. It's useful and convenient. But I like Viber more.