A summary of the twelve gifts of birth.

A summary of the twelve gifts of birth.

I saw this at the library and it was far too interesting to pass up. I was going to find a way to post this as a question but there were 12 so what this will be is listing the books 12 gifts of birth and brief sentence or so on each gift, with me making assumptions as to what the author thought. But I am curious as to your interpretation and your thoughts about the existence of this book

A summary of the twelve gifts of birth.

1. Strength

I assume it might have to do with the physical power in birth but probably more so the courage to get to the choice of keeping the child but even then motherhood is a big challenge and carries responsibilities of its own.

A summary of the twelve gifts of birth.

2. Beauty

I think there is a beauty in life and a beauty in motherhood with specific note of the glow of a mothers skin

A summary of the twelve gifts of birth.

3. Courage

I had a feeling they would double up on this but while strength and courage can be seen to go hand in hand, there is a labor and caring for the child which is the strength but courage can be seen as an idea, a mentality that helps a woman push forward

A summary of the twelve gifts of birth.

4. Compassion

You need to have mercy on your husband every once in a while and on your child

A summary of the twelve gifts of birth.

5. Hope

You look forward to the future, hoping for a good pregnancy and a hope that you will be a good mother

A summary of the twelve gifts of birth.

6. Joy

this one is rather simple but the joy that comes from a child and being a mother

A summary of the twelve gifts of birth.

7. Talent

The talent of your child or just the reason that it takes true talent to be a mother and a parent

A summary of the twelve gifts of birth.

8. Imagination

To entertain a child you need some child like qualities and that would involve imagination but also the simple imagination of a child

A summary of the twelve gifts of birth.

9. Reverence

I would call it respect and awe for what you have created and what you have been given

A summary of the twelve gifts of birth.

10. Wisdom

This is pretty self explanatory but the Wisdom of parenthood can teach us many things and helps us to grow into a more mature person

A summary of the twelve gifts of birth.

11. Love

This might be the best gift of them all. To show love and to be loved

A summary of the twelve gifts of birth.

12. Faith

I assume this relates to religion aka belief but I would take it a step further and say that you need faith that you and your child will make it and survive

A summary of the twelve gifts of birth.

What do you think of this book? There were more pages to each with poems but what do you think of the gifts?

A summary of the twelve gifts of birth.
7
3

Most Helpful Guys

• Absolutely, sir Jjpayne! The gift of birth is wonderful.
    Is this still revelant?
  • malik25
    Wow. Nice take!
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girls

• beautifullymade2018
    This is beautiful
    Is this still revelant?
  • Awhh this is cute
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

51
  • SueShe
    Let me just ask you a question:

Did you buy the book or just (illegally) took a snapshot the pages to post them online? Normally, there would be a warning such as

"no parts of the book may be reproduced, published, made available... without the prior written consent of the author"

Except for this small detail, I think those 12 gifts are very nice. A pity that they are seldom put in practice or at least only partially.
  • Inneedofusername
    Eeeee.. No. Have you ever seen birth? Blood, suffering, fecies, woman's body destroyed to the rest of her days.
    Birth is devastating and terrifying, definitely not beautiful.
  • Tampa10
    Colon
  • I love this
  • Nice!
  • Neat, thanks!