Let us take a moment to appreciate the beauty that is red hair

I've always hated the question: "Blondes or Brunettes?"

I've always hated it because of the pretty much racist assumption that a guy prefers a certain type of white woman.

The question essentially disregards a whole lot of us other women who don't identify as either blonde or brunette? What about black women? Women with black hair? Redheaded women?

I think we're underrated

I think red is such a unique hair color and it should be celebrated

We make up only 4% of the Earth's population

And our hair comes in all different kinds of shades

From ginger...

To auburn...

And our hair doesn't grey as fast as other hair colors

The contrast of pale skin and bright hair is beautiful

Not to mention how it brings out our eyes

So guys...next time you answer the blonde or brunette question

Take a moment to think about the long glossy red locks of myself and my fellow redheads

5464

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Is it intended to be irony that you put some women whose hair isn't naturally red or ginger? O. o
    Haha

Anyways, I think it is the most magical hair color of all. =)

• as far as i know, they're all natural

• And the black roots?

She's Asian... I've seen the same girl in the catalog for those 'pants/skirt'.

• her roots aren't black.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 63

• Red has ALWAYS been my favorite hair color! Not every shade, but most are fantastic. I married a Strawberry-blond, have a red headed son, and other extended family members are red heads. Tis the Irish in us breaking out!

• Finally, a redhead take with actual redheads as opposed to bad dye jobs!

• FINALLY, will the red heads please stand up!!!

• Dating a ginger.
    I agree, they rock.

• I have always been a fan of red heads myself... especially when paired with green eyes, ugh...

• Red head is one of my favourite category. You know what I'm talking about. They are so beautiful.

Black is universally loved. Nobody doubts that is it bad to have black hair or not.

So, the discussion left only between blondes and brunettes.

• I see plenty of love for redheads. Guys seem to make it a point to go after them.

I think it's the same as other hair colors, which is to say, it doesn't make a substantial difference one way or the other.

• I rarely see beautiful red heads in person.

• red hair is 1 reason why i spontaneously approach a girl and start making a fool of myself :P

• I never had color preferences there are all types of beautiful women gingers do have souls.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY39fkmqKBM

• I like this post my girl Hannah has auburn hair I love it.

• any redhead can get anything they want from me gifts, bills paid, cash im weak in the knees for redheads

• shout out for all red heads we love you really

• Man oh man I love redhead and they're the exalted 1's when it comes to the topic of a girl's hair for me <3 i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_15.gif</a>

• red hair on women is my achilles heel :)

• I think red-haired girls are very attractive. I love their creamy white skin.

• Every guy I know who married a red-haired girl got cheated on - enough said.

And they sunburn too easily.

• that is the stupidest thing i've heard. 'enough said' how big is your sample?

• 3 out of 3. Which wouldn't seem statistically significant except that it accounts for 3/4 of all the couples I know who broke up because the wife screwed around. And for all the guys who married red-haired girls. So them, 3/3, for everyone else, around 1/40.

• .. and the anonymous butthurt girl that made this article is a ginger... Wow and really called people "racist" for having their own preference? JUST WOW... absolutely ridiculous.

• because it automatically assumes people prefer white women

• because you are disregarding non-white people in that question

• What? You don't make any sense. If someone is asking a specific question "blonde or brunette" that's "racist"... You're completely nonsensical, there is no point you're making. Stop being butt hurt and dumb calling people"racist". Just accept the fact that most people don't find gingers attractive. Sorry it's life girl.

• Always liked redheads

• Cmon, redheads aren't that underrated. Every red head I know are noted for their red hair. Blondes and brunettes are just way more common, so the question "blond or brunette" is relevant to what is commonly available.

• More from Guys
    43

What Girls Said 53

• Red hair is so gorgeous because natural ones are so rare.

• I don't think red hair is pretty. Most of the time, they look more reddish-orange then actual red and I dislike the reddish-orange color.

I think the deep auburn color is very pretty though.

• and? it's unique as hell. don't be jelly

• Who's jealous? Lol. Are you insecure or are you just coming off as it? I don't like it. Get over it. Just because it may be "rare" doesn't mean that it's automatically great.

Hahaha... people.

• no i'm not insecure my comment was tongue in cheek. you're entitled to an opinion

• Patti Stanger, the millionaire matchmaker, says that very few men prefer redheads. It's usually men of Irish or German descent that do. But once a man has a redhead, he never goes back. And the ones that marry redheads are the most loyal husbands on earth. So at least we have that going for us!

• I've always admired the color. I think men with red hair are far under-appreciated. They seem to get a lot of unnecessary criticism.

• This post would have been better if you didn't post anon. That said of course red is beautiful it just is t an either or because it is uncommon. I have auburn/ gold hair so I get Grey's but it is true that of you have light red hair it goes blond in late life than white.

The only downside is men with red hair are looked down upon.

• why does being anon make a difference?

• Natural redhead!! <3 Yay yippee

• I wish I had red hair. I'm stuck with this boring black, curly hair. 😢

• I've always liked red hair. Especially after I seen titanic lol. I wanted roses hair soooo bad. Looked so beautiful.

• I adore red hair, but I'm not gonna say I wish I had it. I love all the different shades and tones of all hair. I tried dying my hair red, blonde, different shades of brunette, but I've learned to love my hair love my "boring" ashy, dark brown, big curly hair for what it is.

Everyone's hair turns grey eventually, so why not love what you have naturally and work with it.

• yeah i agree, we should all embrace what we have naturally

• The whole bringing out your eyes thing is so true. I'm so glad I made the switch.

• Irish and ginger, typical stereotype but so proud about it :') my family from both mum and dad is full of gingers and we're all super proud about it. Red hair is beautiful, just as any hair colour.

• What are you talking about? Guys love red hair.

• at what point did i say they didn't?

• You said it's 'underrated'. Far from the truth.

Anyways, red hair is unique and gorgeous.

• underrated in reference to the blonde or brunette question :)

• Red heads, I have found, are bloody gorgeous.
    I would love to be a ranger (yes, I have taken that word. It is not an insult in my opinion, but just another way of saying red head.) but I know the colour wouldn't work with my skin. Sadly enough.

I do prefer natural red heads though, the dyed stuff never looks as good as natural.

• I love red hair. My guy has it. It's so cute. Mine's just plain brown. Red is beautiful.

• I love red hair on women. I used to have my hair dyed red pretty often. I'm not a fan of it on men however. I think people dislike it in general because it's different than most and it's hard for a lot of people to accept diversity.

• oh my god!
    i absolutely want to be a red head! but here i am, stuck with boring black hair!

• I'm a wannabe redhead and dye my hair frequently even though I'm a natural blonde. Obviously I'd go for the redheads, 100% of the time. If only it were natural...

• Red heads are amazing. My best friend is one, and so is her sister. My friend is hot tempered, but her sister is the chillest person I know.

• Yay! I'm a red head and proud of it! We have more fun too! 😁

• hell yeah we do ;)

• More from Girls
    33