Women’s Day

#PressforProgress

Beautiful Women From Around the World: Atlas of Beauty

RainbowFanGirl

Beauty comes in all shapes, sizes, and colors. It exists everywhere, and in every cultures. Our perceptions of beauty may be different, but beauty is universal.

To prove that beauty is everywhere, Romanian photographer Mihaela Noroc has traveled to several different countries across several different continents in order to capture beautiful women surrounded by their culture. Her project is called Atlas of Beauty.

In the past two years I traveled around the world and I photographed hundreds of women in diverse environments. My goal is to show that beauty is in our differences, not in trends, money or race. Through my photography I want to capture that feeling of warmth and serenity which is so specific to women and comes to balance all the negativity we see in the media. I think people should be more aware about other cultures and beauty can teach us to be more tolerant.

She will continue her journey, to expose the beauty flourishing throughout our vast world.

Here are 20 beautiful women from her endeavors.

1. Romania

2. Russia

3. Finland

4. Kyrgyzstan

5. Brazil

6. Columbia

7. Chile

8. Iran

9. Peru

10. Mexico

11. Harlem, New York, USA

12. Australia

13. Angola

14. China

15. Georgia

16. Turkey

17. Ethiopia

18. New Zealand

19. England

20. India

Which was your favorite photo?

This take was simple, yes, but it was fun to put together, and a filler for the more serious takes that I am working on. :) I will also do a take like this one on men, to show the standards that society has for men around the world as well.

Thanks for reading, and if you want to see more beautiful women from Noroc's adventures, check out the original article here.

61
34
34Girl Opinion
61Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• Toad-1
    Here's a few more I'll add from this site :P
    @archiz Lebanese beauty
    @cinderelli Pakistani Beauty
    @justbanANNAz Egyptian beauty from Australia
    @ElissaDido Tunisian Beauty
    @mooky06 Cambodian Beauty from Australia
    Like 8 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • Toad-1

@Saudigirl Saudi Arabian Beauty
      @Rainie_ Swedish Beauty
      @rgb008 Jewish Beauty from Chicago
      @desidoll Malaysian Beauty
      @Genie23 Indian Beauty (hasn't been on in forever)

• Toad-1

@Kris85 Canadian Beauty :(

• Rainie_

Thank you 😳😚

Most Helpful Girl

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

3360
  • BlueCoyote
    I knew about Noroc and her project before and while I love the photos and I like the idea behind it, I also have my difficulties with it to be honest. One of the questions that I asked myself when I first saw this art project was "How come there are only women?" Does Noroc suggest that only women can be beautiful? Apart from the possibly sexist undertones, I also just find it a bit too "clichée" to think "I wanna make a project about beauty... oh yeah, let's just take pics of a couple of women". Why not men? Why not children? Why are all the women in their 20s? Is that the only period in life where one is beautiful?
    Another difficulty I have with this is that while Noroc probably tried to be as neutral as possible, we also have to ask ourselves how much these choices reflect on HER personal taste of beauty. Personally, I don't find all them pretty. I wouldn't go on a date with the Romanian or the Indian girl for example. However, that doesn't mean they're not pretty. It also doesn't mean there's no beauty in their respective country, since one woman is hardly representative of a whole nation.
    This just as a little food for thought.
    But I won't be a party crasher and so I'm also gonna finish with simply stating my favorite:
    1. Colombian girl
    2. Chinese girl
    3. Brazilian girl
    4. Kyrgyz girl
    Like 3 People
  • LaFemmeFatale
    That's not the best pic of that Georgian girl but she's still pretty <3
    Like 1 Person
  • smahala1991
    Love this take! Definitely digging the Russian, Finnish, and Iranian
    Like 1 Person
  • Beautybynature
    They are all gorgeous! I hate when idiots say: oh this one is the hottest"
    Grow up! They are all lovely in their own way
    I'm sure the purpose of this book is not to degrade these women like they're on miss universe! It's to show ignorant americans that women worldwide rule in beauty! beauty not bought or sold! Beauty you can't buy at the Mac counter! Femininity you can't buy from Instagram
    Like 2 People
    • Yes the purpose of the project is to show beauty from all walks of life. :)

• Riggers
    Can i disagree with England please?

Not to say she's ugly or anything, she's not, she's actually rather pretty but... Look at the other countries, Ethiopa for example, You picked a person who showcases what i can only assume is a native tribe.

Yet, For England... she's got more of a Generic American punk look going on, Why not have someone who looks a little more... British? Haha.

Like i said, She is pretty but.. Dosent look very English ;)
    Like 1 Person
    • I thought she looked different. That's why I added her haha. :)

• chintita

yea i've met a fair share of ethiopians, none of which resemble her lmao and same with angola, she's angolan for sure but not the cream of the crop, u feel

• Riggers

@chintita I know but... Using Ethiopia as an example. Sure.. She does not represent the majority of Ethiopians, But.. She does represent a part of their culture. The tribal element of it, That is.

Whereas the woman representing England, Dosen't really look English to begin with, And in no way represents English culture, She literally just looks like some retro American Hippie or something.

at least the other girls in some way reflect an aspect of their representative nation (Whether that be stereotypical or cultural), I just feel like English woman looks more American :)

• AmethystAngel
    Brazilian woman was very sexy and I liked Iranian woman's eyes, they are soulful.
    The rest were gorgeous too but they were the one that caught my eyes... by the way thanks for adding a simple looking Indian girl, she is very pretty and she is actually represents our majority. Not that our models are bad but they all are typical, I liked how you choose the 'common' women instead of the models.

Please do a take on men too! I would like to read it as well.
    Like 1 Person
  • TadCurious
    With all the questions on GAG about race and attractiveness, thank you for this great reminder that women of all races, and from everywhere in the world are beautiful.
    Like 2 People
  • jhwright21
    I'm very glad that you did the take. I think it is very eyes opening to see what beautiful is in different cultures from around the world. My favourites were Russia and Georgia. But all are very beautiful.
    Like 3 People
  • cherrymarina
    I find these women more beautiful than models/celebrities. They look unpretentious and real.
    Like 3 People
  • Sableye
    they're all beautiful but the girls from Kyrgyzstan, Columbia and Peru are the best looking.
    Like 3 People
  • somebodysaycheese
    Romanian and the girl from Georgia are by far the most beautiful.
    Like 3 People
  • Dargil
    Is the appreciation of beauty instinctive? I know I was indoctrinated by mass media to see beauty as a certain look but nobody, for example, taught me to see Grace Jones as beautiful but she is, especially from her prime.
    www.fashiontrendsdaily.com/.../...-grace-jones.png
    I think there is an instinctive component.
    Like 2 People
  • Righttobeararms83
    https://data.whicdn.com/images/114421098/large.jpg
    forgot irish girls but good take
    Like 1 Person
    • That looks like an Asian girl doing cosplay

• Sableye

im pretty sure she's japanese. she doesn't look remotely irish

• Thank you! And that girl doesn't look Irish. Are you sure she is?

• Zorax
    Very good Take, my favorites are 2, 3, 4, and 15, closely followed by 9, 10, 12, 14 and 18.
    Like 3 People
    • Zorax

Well, it's really not easy to decide which one of them is the prettiest... I like most of them.

• Thanks so much!

• Zorax

You're welcome :)

• Socialrealist
    European women are and always will be the most beautiful. There are beautiful African, Asian, and Native American women but comparatively speaking, they will never be as beautiful as European women. And everyone knows that.
    Like 1 Person
    • TripleR

Sorry but no. Asian women are easily the most beautiful, or at least they have the most beautiful faces. The only thing they don't have is non-black hair, and they can just dye that easily. They're actually classy too, and not total sluts like most European women are these days.

• Everyone has preference. My boyfriend thinks that black women are the hottest. You may feel different but not everyone likes the same thing.

• Raymond_Reddington
    I was expecting to see a pic of me. I am disappointed now.
    Like 3 People
  • YourFutureEx
    Like 2 People
  • Cosytoasty
    Braziiiill 😍😍😍, Russia isn't bad either.

But FML she dropped the ball for England lol.
    Like 1 Person
  • MissHope
    I like your take so much rainbow 😃😃❀️❀️ They're really pretty ❀️😃
    Like 1 Person
    • Aw thank you ❀️ Yes I agree they are all beautiful!

• MissHope

YWπŸ˜ƒβ€οΈ

• shinyunicorn
    everyone is so beautiful, I really love this project
    Like 1 Person
  • Show More (73)