PSA: Regarding Makeup And Being Called 'Fake'

Inspired by a post I did earlier asking which foundation shade matched me best. I had plenty of helpful people giving their opinions, and then of course, one person had to show up and start going off on a rant about how I'm fake, deceitful, and false advertising for wearing a tiny bit of foundation to conceal a couple of freckles and undereye circles.

Sigh...

This has happened many times before, and I'll admit, these comments do annoy me probably a bit too much.

If you prefer completely natural girls, good for you. But you don't have to go around calling every girl you see wearing makeup 'fake'. That gets really old, really fast. Is it doing you any good by calling them fake? Likely not. Are these things you call them doing them any good? Likely not as well.

They're not going to stop wearing makeup because someone called them deceitful, it's honestly just a waste of your time.

Simply, I just want to say the following:

Should we stop wearing deoderant? That hides your natural scent. Should we stop using hair gels or products? That's deceiving people by what your natural hair looks like. Should we stop wearing clothing? That can alter your natural body shape. Should we stop using any product that makes us look and feel good about ourselves? I think not.

Anyways.

GUYS WHO PREFER NATURAL GIRLS, GOOD FOR YOU! GUYS WHO PREFER MADE UP GIRLS, GOOD FOR YOU! YOU'RE PERFECTLY ENTITLED TO HAVE A PREFERENCE, BUT UNDERSTAND THAT NOT EVERY GIRL WANTS TO FIT THAT PREFERENCE. GIRLS WHO DON'T LIKE WEARING MAKEUP, GOOD FOR YOU! GIRLS WHO LIKE WEARING MAKEUP, GOOD FOR YOU! YOU ARE NOT FAKE OR DECEITFUL, IT'S YOUR FACE AND YOU CAN DO WHATEVER THE F*CK YOU WANT WITH IT, AND IT'S NOBODY'S PLACE OR RIGHT TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU NATURALLY LOOK LIKE!

Now, can we please let people wear what they like, and stop giving unsolicited opinions on people's faces to try and make them feel bad in an attempt to make them fit whatever your preference is?

38

Most Helpful Guy

• If women would just opt out of make up for at least 80% of the time, leaving it for special occasions only guys would react that way because they would actually know what a woman without make up looks like.

I'm a countryside man, and here its common for women not to wear it because its the countryside. Now when I go to the city I just notice how many women wear make up. I can tell the difference, because I am familiar with women not wearing it, most city guys are probably not. Thus guys react that way because they just almost never see women without make up.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do think using certain kinds of makeup is quite shallow, mostly because it gives the impression of being aroused all the time (red lipstick looking like flushed lips, a sign of being excited or aroused)

Join the discussion

27
  • I personally don't like when my girlfriend wears makeup because I'm pretty sure it's not good for your skin, but don't quote me on that.
    But if she feels like wearing makeup I completely support her

• Your opponents in this debate have arguments.

All you have is insults.

So based on that, your opposition wins by default.

• Thanks for sharing your take people can be so cruel

• Women would be saying the same stuff to men if men were the ones who used make-up

• Good take

• 👌🏻

• makeup IS false advertising

ITS FALSE ADVERTISING

• There is a huge difference between hygiene and being fake you women would be a lot more humble if you didn't hide your real self wearing a mask i can think whatever i want i can share my opinion whenever i want

• Huh, you sound like the guy who posted on my foundation question.

Sure, you can share it, but nobody asked for it and it's not going to change anything.

• No one cares about whisper