Why are girls and women allowed to wear pants and cross dress when if boys and men wore dresses, they'd get laughed at?

Shouldn't girls and women get laughed at for wearing pants. The Bible clearly forbids cross dressing. Yes, pants were designed for men and no, they didn't have them in Jesus' time.

If females can be confident in pants, why can't males be confident in their skirts and kilts?

Men: be proud of your kilts and tunic brethren. Speak up, if need be to draw awareness and not let media belittle our great sex we experience,

Women: do not tolerate this double to continue in future generations. Speak up.

9017

Most Helpful Girl

• It is an effect of sexism towards women (although that may seem backwards). Women are associated with dresses and men with pants. Men are viewed highly by society so women are considered to be rising up when they wear pants. Women are lower so when a man wears a dress he is considered to be lowering himself to the status of women! For example, "hitting like a girl" is viewed to mean hitting poorly. "Crying like a girl" is viewed to mean a sign of weakness. I think everyone should be free to wear what they wish to wear but the best thing we can do to make that happen is try to make women (and thereby things that are considered feminine) considered better. If women are considered true equals to men (and thereby all things feminine) then dresses, crying, and being a stay at home parent will not hold the negative connotation it has today for men who do the same.

• That is so true. I have been mentioning the tomboy vs effeminate issue for awhile at different forums. I don't get as intelligent as answers as yours. I generally get the 'suck it up' and 'dude, you want to look like a faggot' type answers and it shows their intelligence isn't high.

You are a brilliant woman.

• Perfectly written! No need to say my opinion because you already did. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• If you want to wear dress or a skirt, go for it. I will not care what you wear