Converse on an evening dress? What do u think?

This is the dress and the converse im planning to wear.. i think the dress is too cute for the converse but i have a problem in my back and my sister suggested that i do that instead of wearing wedges so what do u guys think?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems goofy with those shoes but in a way I would find adorable.

1|0
    0|0
    • As a caveat, I'm not much for formalities. My wife had to kick me to make me show up at the wedding with my suit on with dress shoes instead of tennis shoes.

• Hahahaha i love that!

• Actually I wanted to wear a Mad Max outfit originally but she kept compromising and compromising me down to the full suit and dress shoes.

www.filmjackets.com/.../MadMax2-003.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like if you can pull it off well it'll have like an Avril Lavigne vibe. Which is a pretty cool look, in my opinion, if done right.

1|0
    0|0
    • Omg thats what i thought when i first saw it! Lets hope so. Im gonna work on my converse tomorrow and try it on

• No way bro! We think alike then! :D I think the idea is great, and if you want you can even PM me a photo of your look. Only if you want of course, I'd just be curious to see how it turned out! :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• I have never understood the foolishness that has people injuring themselves because of fashion.

I honestly cannot think of anything more mind-numbingly silly.
    If what you are wearing causes you pain, you shouldn't be wearing it without a VERY compelling reason. (spoiler alert, fashion is about as compelling as wet tissue paper)

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends where you're going, if its anywhere even remotely formal don't do it.

If it's like a casual evening party with close friends, where you just play dress up, then the look can be quirky like @Rjgraveytrain said and will be fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think those shoes would look absolutely stupid with that dress. You can find a pair of flats that is dressy and that will be good for your back.

0|0
    0|0
    • I rather wear this and look stupid but not wear flats! Thanks.

• I think with them Converse you can pull it off with no problem at all.

0|0
    1|0
  • I'm a man who loves heels on a woman.
    So, my immediate reaction is no.
    A suggestion: some nice flats.

1|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't bother me personally if it makes you more comfortable, but it's definitely more elegant if you wear heels..

0|0
    0|0
  • Meh not a fan of Converse shoes 😝 I did work with a girl so wore them to her wedding lol. I agree with you I think the dress is too formal to wear sneakers. No other kinda of shoes you could wear?

0|0
    0|0
  • Love the tomboyish look. Also, love when girls wear Doc Martens with dresses.

0|0
    0|0
  • think its an awesome idea

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh hell no

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont like the combo.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would look cute!!

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
  • You attending a wedding with that dress? The converse would definitely match the dress

0|0
    0|0
  • I saw the question in life feed before seeing your age. I asked myself what the max age I think you could pull that off was.

In my mind I thought '16'

1|0
    0|0
    • Well its actually a trend now so i dont think its about age thou! Brides wear them on their wedding day ;)

• Ironically, brides are a little different in that for the most part her feet aren't visible!

• Well im 21 so i wouldn't mind being 16 for a day at all!

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 14

• I used to think this was cute when I was like 14 but not anymore. You do you though!

1|0
    0|0
    • Aw too bad you're 26 now..

• Show All
    • They're so grandma (ish) but im sure i can find cute ones! Definitely prefer this idea thankss! 😌 And hey brides wear that on their wedding i find that ridiculously cute so you're never too old for anything

• Well you do you and wear your chucks :)

• Gorgeous dress. I think converse will look cute with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend is a tomboy, so she wears converse, vans, loafers, etc when she's wearing a dress. She looks beautiful

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like what I would do. I also love wearing boots with dresses.

1|0
    0|0
  • It could work depending on the event. A few girls did this at my prom, and it made sense.

0|0
    0|0
  • The converses are glittery, think you could pull it off and look cute

0|0
    0|0
  • Quirky... I LIKE IT!

1|2
    0|0
  • Wear flats?

2|0
    0|0
  • the dress is gorgeous and yeah sure u can.

1|0
    0|0
  • It'll look really adorable 😱 you should go for it

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope nope nope

1|0
    0|0
  • Omg yes. That'll be beautiful xx

1|0
    0|0
  • "It's a really stupid look" is what I think.

0|0
    0|0
  • I got to ask where did you find that dress? :O

0|0
    0|0
    • Gossip gowns in sydeny :)

• Show All
    • Look for a fashion design student/friend of yours, they sew incredibly amazing dress and cheap ones too!

• I don't know any girls like that lol. Ah well.

Recommended myTakes