Is it weird that I've never had my ears pierced?

I'm a 22-year-old girl and I've never had any piercings, including my ears. I've had a fear of needles since I was a child and still get nervous getting a shot. I have also never really worn jewelry much and don't think I would even wear earrings, and my ears would probably just close back up, so I've never seen a reason to pierce them and have never had the guts either. I have noticed that it's pretty uncommon to see a girl my age with un-pierced ears.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• only time I've had an ear pierced was when my sister hooked my ear and yanked while fishing. I'm okay with shots but I used to drink so much soda that when they drew blood they'd have to like around everywhere since my blood barely flowed much :/

1|0
    0|0
    • Ouch! My nervousness of shots (which used to be full blown panic and kicking and screaming, but now is just butterflies in my stomach) stemmed from having a doctor that was not so great at giving shots and always managed to make them very painful.

• Show All
    • That sounds like a good plan!

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean that's social pressure but I don't think people would judge you if you didn't get your ears pierced before, not like they're gonna pay much attention to your ears. If else, your hair could cover your ears?

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, my hair usually covers my ears anyway. I don't like wearing it tied back.
      My best friend tried to convince me to get my ears pierced for the longest time, but I never ended up doing it. I felt like the maintenance that would have to be done to keep them from getting infected and closing up and stuff wouldn't be worth it if I probably would end up not wearing the earrings anyway and wouldn't get much enjoyment out of it.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• It's all on the matter of which would you like wearing that kind of jewelry, by the way they don't hurt as long as you don't get an ear infection

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, I've never been a big jewelry person. Every time I've received it as a gift, I've forgotten to put it on, haha.

• No its not weird, maybe out of the ordinary, but definitely not weird

1|0
    0|0
  • No reason to mutilate your body just because others are doing it :|

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes