My mom wants me to change my style, should I listen to her?

I have my own style that I like. I know it's not everybody's favorite but it's my own and I like it. But my mom gets upset when I wear an outfit like this, and tells me I'm going to fry my brain in that beanie, or that I should lighten up and wear less clothes... what should I do? Is she right?

1225

Most Helpful Guy

• do what you want young lady. It's your life, people who tell you what to do, is based on what they would do, this is the problem. Cause what one person considers garbage is another person's treasure. MY mum does this to me all the time I just laugh it off. It's water off a ducks back with me. Change your hair, change clothes, etc I am like whatever mother. Just ignore her. Take no notice of your mum. She is judging you based on things she doesn't like about herself. The saying goes when you judge another person you don't define them, you define yourself.

Most Helpful Girl

• I get you and I get your mom too...
    I guess your style wouldn't necessarily be considered a style per se... Since it's just some winter/skiing style clothing.

I think your mom wants you to represent your family with good style - or what she considers to be good style. If it's not your own I wouldn't do it, though. If you're going to feel uncomfortable in it - don't do it.

• I do take offence that it's not a style. You just see one outfit, I have lots. I just like the athletic look, those pants are light, they are just meant for rain, not winter.