Why do guys seem to hate high-waisted pants on women?

4086

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 85

• Because every time I look at them, I can't help but picture this:
    thumbsnap.com/.../zqdzioUL.png

• Its trashhhhh only girls who suit it are ones with a really skinny waist and large hips... but the girls who wear it usually have big waists so it just looks strange. also I hate how 19's look is coming back into style as me and my male friends Hate it with a passion

• They tend to do really odd things to a woman's visual proportions. Make it seem like you have no torso just this huge long ass with a rib cage on top.

• You're kidding, right? LOVE THOSE!!! Makes her look soooo AMAZING!!
    Elongates the legs for shorter women, and makes taller ones just look really thin!!
    Ladies, why would you care what guys think when these make your curves look so perfect?

• For someone called "SomeGUY37" you really do sound like a girl.. Lol.

• @Kkaos I really care about the women I know, and date, and what's the big deal? Maybe some think I am 'gay', but I'm not, I just care about them, as people, as friends.
      Read some of my posts about best dates, and maybe you might understand. I'm a 'Romantic' in the wrong era!

• It only looks good on women who are thin/average, have a flat stomach and still have at least some ass. Considering 60% women in the US (50% in the UK, 40% in continental Europe) are overweight, so they won't even satisfy the first of these three conditions, you can see how high-waisted pants are not going to be a good idea for most women...

• They are out of proportion. You remember Steve Urkel, right? These are the female version.

• I think some guys are too opinionated, i like the girl no matter what
    type of pants she wears and if she wants to wear high-wasted pants
    than that's fine with me.

• 1. Mom jeans
    2. Few women have the right build for them to actually look good.
    3. Makes a girl look like she's got a long bottom.

The girl/girls above look cute. But in those pants look like they have no ass whatsoever lol. Even in heels that are accentuating the glutes.

• Those women look good IN SPITE Of the jeans that they are wearing. They would look good in just about anything. Most women don't have that luxury. High-waisted pants just aren't flattering.

• its okay but regular pants are better

for the ladies lol
    1.bp.blogspot.com/.../mens-fashion-70s.jpg

• Personally, I don't think they are aesthetically pleasing. But women should dress according to their taste and confort, not my preferences. Just like I don't dress according to people's preferences.

• They're baggy. Unless you have a perfect physique you can't pull em off and if I had to pick I'd pick the girl next to wear that's wearing normal or skinny jeans.

• Let's make a deal. I get to wear flip flops with my shorts, and you wear your pants as high as you want.

• We love that thin belly we love that abdomen part below navel until the hairy Zone comes and this pants hide it, and besides it looks like she is wearing something that is not of her size

• They can look good. Maybe the guys you mention want to see cleavage which usually is not part of high waist pants outfits?

• it takes away from their shape. I think that girls need to get back into bell bottoms, those were great in high school

• Possibly because high waist are meant for tall girls.

Can't blame most guys for liking short girls. 😘

• Dear girls, listen, don't hide your naval.

• I like seeing the tummy and curve of her hips not covered by pants/shorts fabric.

• More from Guys
    65

What Girls Said 39

• I never knew they did.. maybe its because it makes them look out of proportion or something.

• i don't like it either

• They look like Mom Pants, and they look really funny on 20 year old rapper's girlfriends. Please, midrise. No one under 80 should wear pants that look like they come from the Blair Catalog. When you're 80, you have zero fucks to give, so dress however you damn well please.

• I think for guys it's because they prefer the low-rise, more showing look, not realizing we bloat and shit during the day lol.

Also I think it largely depends - a girl who can rock it could change a guy's mind.

• Because boys like to have opinions on things that don't concern them.

• I think they're awesome
    fashiongum.com/.../...ted-Jeans-Street-Style-5.jpg
    all of my jeans are skin tight and high waisted

• Gives me a bump on in the front by tummy even though I'm skinny and the back of the jeans is usually sitting too low cause my ass isn't flat... so yeah no doesn't really look good on me unless I wear a jacket.

And doesn't look good on most girls in general. Shorts are usually fine, but long jeans just look so bad on people majority of the time.

• I have never wore high-waisted jeans. They look kinda of. Maybe I will try one day, but as for today, no. Just, no... lol
    I prefer these.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...b5d4915c2d.jpg

• I have 2 pairs of high waisted jeans. The first pair are definitely mom jeans and my ass look great, plus very comfy.
    The second pair are really tight and make my butt look flat and makes my stomach pouch a bit more obvious but i don't mind that much. I still think theyre cute. They have like 4 buttons in front and im a total sucker for buttons.

• I wish some guys would actually EXPLAIN why they hate them.
    I love them, I think many women can wear them. Slim girls looks more curvaceous and already curvy girls show off their curves in a great way. IMO!

• I personally think they look better on curvier, thicker, women. But who gives a damn? If you like it wear it. I'll be damned if I'm gonna let men or society tell me how I should dress. If I like or enjoy it I'm gonna wear it and if you don't like it you can look away. End of story.

• probably bc it makes sex look that much harder to get.

i think the right kind looks great it accentuates the curve of the body instead of making it look angular.

• I don't know why guys don't like them, but I personally don't like them because I have a very small waist and they always are way too baggy when I try to wear high waisted jeans

• I hope this trend never goes away again, I actually wouldn't care if it does. I love high waisted pants -- I have a few pairs of high waisted skinny jeans and I like the way they fit.

• They only look good on thin women. Few women can rock the high waist. When they do though, it looks great. I have a pair of red ones that I wear to work and I love them

• Because those women who wore them doesn't have the good body shape to wear them.
    Very few women can rock them honestly and if you doesn't have the body shape it look really bad.

• I think high waisted pants are ugly in general. I've seen gorgeous models wear them and it just looks atrocious in my opinion. I don't know why they've come back into fashion in the first place, but that's just my opinion.

• Some highwaisted pants dont do some women favors. It makes the ass look flatter especially when you never had much to begin with.

• I have small hips.
    I need to wear high waist jeans to keep them from slipping down

• not their style or they prefer clothes who looks girls like slut ! (sexy dress etc) but i think all styles have something sexy and pretty even 40s style

• More from Girls
    19