Why do people wear shirts/hats for colleges they don't go to?

I see this all the time. People at my high school used to walk around with college shirts and my 12 year old niece just bought a Harvard sweater. I don't get why
Why do people wear shirts/hats for colleges they don't go to?

Updates:
First to post a picture of a hat gets mho

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• I got shirts from every college I visited after applying and I also have shirts my brother and cousins got me from their colleges. That's probably why many of them are wearing those shirts too!

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe they had that in the closet for long time and they decided to finally make some use out of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • they get free stuff and just wear it because it's clothes

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know. sort of reminds me of one of those damned tumblr trends. I really hope itll die out soon because it just looks tacky

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's harvard then it's because they want to look cool

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 4

• Because they finds the clothing comfortable and likes the color of it. I do sometime wear sweaters although I've never been at the place before. I've not been in America, but wears a sweater with American places on or a band's logo although I've never heard their music before.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just ordered a Stanford sweater and I go to Oklahoma University. I wouldn't wear it around campus or anything, but my thinking was "hey this would look good with this and would show that I like Stanford and that I am cool and cultured." It's the same with like a sports jersey from a city you're not from. You like the team. You support it. But you're just you. You're out of the way like "what up I'll rep it"

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not? It's just a piece of clothing. If other people think you go to Harvard because you wear a Harvard top, then that's better for you lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they want to go there

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes