Beards are basically makeup for men?

*When I say beards I'm not talking about wild crusty ones but regular ones that are groomed. I'm not trying to say that it's the exact same but they both drastically change appearance.* I've seen it firsthand how a beard can transform a dude like crazy. It does take a bit of work to maintain a beard as well I'm aware so don't give me that "but we don't waste time on it like you girls do" BS lmao anyways let the discussion begin.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I look good without a beard XD. Usually when I have facial hair I was just too lazy to shave ^^ I don't shave all the time just once every few days and sometimes a little longer. I mean it's up to every person what they want to do. Maybe for some people they don't look good without a beard but I'm sure there's also some that just chose to have one.

Honestly most of the time it's girls that say guys should have a better hair cut etc. And guys don't care. I don't really get the whole point of this comparison. It's almost as if the person who made these memes that aren't really jokes is angry or jealous or something. There's like an accusation almost. And by the way it's kinda easy to find 2 pictures to show anything it doesn't prove the point XD.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate how so many guys get mad over girls wearing makeup but I asked a question on here asking if I looked better with or without makeup and basically every guy said with they really don't know what they want

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• What? it's natural. We didn't ask to grow hair on our chins, just like you girls grow more hair on average on your heads. We don't buy beards, they come all natural.

You go willingly to the mall to buy a whole basket of clown colours and dab it on your face and wonder why people say that's not the real you, it's because that's really NOT the real you. That's why I take gurls out on first dates to the pool to swim.

Gotta wash off that make up and see what's underneath.

0|1
    0|0
  • All women who wear makeup, essentially can look good. All men that have beards, well, that depends on facial structure.

1|0
    0|0
    • Good point. Personally I've seen some women who actually don't look good with makeup on no matter what. Like it just doesn't suit them. 🤔

• Maybe their wearing too much makeup? Sometimes you don't even know a woman is wearing makeup. I think it's called the "natural look" or something.

• Yes lol that's actually my fav look to rock.

• Beards are a huge fashion statement right now. No, they don't look good on all but on some. Is it the same as makeup? Not at all. For most, we shave and it takes a good while for it to grow in and look half decent. Makeup is used everyday by most women and its not just a little. It's primer, foundation, finishing spray, cover up, eyeshadow, eyeliner, lipstick, blush, and the list goes on and on depending on the woman.

1|0
    0|0
    • I mean, not all women wear all that makeup so that's a stupid assumption to make.

• Show All
    • Considering how overpriced most makeup is, I don't imagine it's difficult.

• 👍🏼

• bullshit.

makeup is a artificial manufactured commercial cosmetic.

Male facial hair is a natural secondary sex characteristic due to natural hormones.

1|3
    0|0
  • Yo yo this is just my opinion right? But thats the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

0|1
    3|1
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• Completely agree. It's funny how some men claim that they're so much more honest because they never deceive anyone with their looks. Lol, buddy, I see that beard hiding your weak chin. You don't fool me.

4|1
    0|0
  • Nah. Beards are natural.

Besides, it takes more effort to keep the beard a way than it does to just not wear makeup.

I don't see why this even needs to be brought up. Makeup just needs to stop being used in place of confidence.

1|1
    0|0
  • Just like guys say - little or no makeup
    same for me about facial hair... won't put up with it too long and
    the more they have, the more time they spend looking in a mirror and more into themselves... not me

1|0
    0|0
    • How come women are generally attracted to well kept beard but want his body esp chest snd thighs to be nicely shaved! :(

• Show All
    • Mr. Private Profile... WHAT country are you from?

• If you don't mind may I follow your profile? Then I won't be private profile anymore...
      And j still disagree with your argument of the one who would love you and is special

• Totally. It's actually better than makeup, 'cause ugliness is usually on that area of the face and a lot of hair obviously can do a better job hiding it.

2|1
    0|1
    • For once i downvoted you.

• Show All
    • @SwolDishWasher Lol his situation is difficult, 'cause if he shaves it's already prickly on the same day and laser and stuff can only do so much. He's going to have to accept it or go through the pain of waxing so much hair.

• @SwolDishWasher True, but GAG guys (most...)

• It actually is!!

1|0
    0|2
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes