Why are Americans so opposed to men's swim briefs, aka Speedos?

I was on a beach in a popular tourist spot in the United States and I noticed, a lot of foreign men and boys were wearing swim briefs or tight trunks, like the speedo examples below.
Why are Americans so opposed to men's swim briefs, aka Speedos?Why are Americans so opposed to men's swim briefs, aka Speedos?American men on the other hand were almost all wearing knee-length loose-fitting trunks. Why do you think American men are so opposed to swim briefs when much of the rest of the world seems to be embracing them?

#Speedo
#swimwear

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not American but seeing men in speedos kinda makes me uncomfortable. My dad always wears a speedo, though. 😂

1|2
    1|2
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• It normal in many places in the world but somehow in the last 3 decades its become what its become in North America. It just a dam bathing suit so whats the big deal if. Ok if you have a big belly and bad body maybe you should not wear one. On the otherhand if you got a great body why not. Its not a gay thing but the younger generation seems to think so. If a girl can wear a bikini and look good so should a man be able wear a speedo type. I ve worn before and it is much more comfortable in water then stupid baggy board shorts.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Do you think men avoid it because they're afraid of associating with something they think society has labeled gay?

• Yes, and its unfortunate.
      I think board shorts suck lol. They are so dam uncomfortable. Why should men be made to wear baggy long shorts. Can t get a good tan and they drag you down in the water.

• I find baggy trunks to be a real pain while trying to swim in particular.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

What Guys Said 9

• I think they would be so much more comfortable than trunks, and I'm confident enough with my body to wear one, but I'm not confident I won't get a random erection which would be incredibly embarrassing. maybe I'm alone on this, I don't know if it's normal for grown men to get random boners now and then.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've worn a speedo before. And I have to say I'm not a fan. It's too revealing and tight for me, plus if it slips off even a bit you're just fucked dude. I wear these things called jammers for my sports, but other than that it's swimsuits.

0|1
    0|0
    • I have a Speedo, and I find that they seem more secure/less likely to slip off than loose trunks.

• Show All
    • That's true of foreign men though, and they seem fine with speedos

• Foreign men have a lot more nude beaches also lol they're much more confident with their bodies

• I don't think it is the American men opposing them, it is the gynocentric culture of the western world making guys to be the villains in every area of life they can find.

I personally don't get this trend either not being from the west, where I come from it is actually forbidden for men NOT TO wear swim briefs at many swimming places.

0|1
    0|0
    • Oh and, Americans are also fat and tiny dicked. So that might be a reason too.

• I avoid wearing a Speedo because I have read stories of men being written citations or even being detained by police in some jurisdictions with strict indecency laws before (looking at Daytona Beach). I do not consider it to be gay to wear one. I also do not go topless unless I am completely naked outside, or inside my home if I wear bottoms.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because most American women (especially the white girls) are lesbians, they are not physically attracted to men whatsoever, they only want to see women wearing skimpy clothing, and the only reason they ever marry men is because they want a man to pay all their bills, buy them dinner, buy them gifts, and protect them while they cheat on their husbands with other women, then finally when they finally get tired of playing straight they divorce the man and America's corrupt anti-male divorce and family courts give her the house, the car, and half of all the man's property while forcing him to pay her alimony for the rest of her life, which she will spend while living with her lesbian girlfriend.

0|0
    2|2
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes