Do you think I'm high maintenance?

So here's the thing, I like to straighten my hair, do my nails, wear makeup (not much my everyday makeup is just mascara) and I never leave the house underdressed (I do not walk around overdressed either) even if is just to go to the grocery store.
But although I like to look good I'm not obsessed about it. I know some girls that when they go to the beach don't go into the water because they don't want to ruin their hair but I'm not like that.
Still some people say that I'm to high maintenance and that guys don't like it. Is that true?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• High maintenance means that someone has to spend a lot of time and money on you.
    You just take care of yourself or maybe you are styling addicted.

From what you tell us i wouldn' say that you are high maintenance.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Even if you do consider yourself high maintenance, just own it. Don't live your life only in pursuit of finding a man, you'll be living for someone else

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• there is two kinds of high maintenence. the part about makup you describe sounds normal. but you can be emotional high maintenence as well, being constant needy, attention craving all the time etc. if you are not the latter, then its probably jelous people speaking. Or people not worth a damn, because every woman deserve the best, and dont settle for less.

0|0
    0|0
  • You are not high maintenance. Just sound like someone who cares about style

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't listen to them people.. look as good as you want.. this is who you are and you are under no obligation to explain yourself to anyone.. from my side i like an always-neat woman

0|0
    0|0
  • high maintenance means typically they spend entirely too much time on things like make up and hair and the like. let me ask you, how long do you typically spend on things like that when going out?

0|0
    0|0
  • That doesn't sound too bad. If the girl I was dating was like that, I probably wouldn't mind as long as it wasn't a shallow obsession

0|0
    0|0
  • If you don't take am hour to get ready, are able to not freak out in a time crunch just because you need to put on makeup, then you're probably fine, maybe don't date assholes

0|0
    0|0
  • You're high maintenance compared to 99% of guys but compared to normal women, you're not high maintenance at all. Lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds normal to me,
    The same people that call you high maintenance probably moan about other people looking scruffy,
    Keep doing what your doing,
    If you want to look nice it's up to you, not them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Would need to know you better to say one way or the other. If this is all the info we get, then no, I'd say you're fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • as long as you dont expect a guy to pay for all of that you're good.

0|1
    0|0
  • no! don't listen to them. you are who you are and no one is better at being you than YOU! everybody is special! it is just a matter of taste!

0|0
    0|0
  • High maintenance means that we have to look after your emotions too. That you don't feel comfortable at a certain point.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but don't expect a man to pay for those things for you. I don't think what your doing is bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys don't like it, if u start to think that is maybe too much, u can try to make it less.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't sound high maintenance. But I don't know you at all, so maybe you are ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't sound that high maintenance just average really

0|0
    0|0
  • You're fine hun.

0|0
    0|0
  • overly high maintenance is kind of a turn off

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are then I am too.
    No way you're not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes because I u do it everyday

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 8

• Being concerned with your looks doesn't mean you're high maintenance. It just means you have some class.

0|1
    0|0
    • from your description, it seems that u just like to take care of yourself. I find that rather attractive

• that's not high maintenance at all. everyone has their own beauty regime and preferences. it's great that you take pride in self-presentation. flip your hair girl!

0|0
    0|0
  • There's a difference between high maintenance and taking care of yourself. People always have something negative to say, so just keep doing what you like. You're not asking people to take care of you, you're taking care of your own image.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it doesn't sound like you are high maintenance,, just sounds like you care about your appearance xx which is a good thing

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't sound like it, though I'd definitely suggest you give your hair, face, and nails a break every now and then. Dressing them up every day can be really damaging later on.

0|0
    0|0
  • You are definitely above average. But then again im way below average so i can't really judge.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just be who you want to be. Fuck tha haters😎

0|0
    0|0
  • You are not high maintenance, but you're not low either. I'd say somewhere in the middle

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes