Help! I want to cut my hair short but my boyfriend is disapproving, yet saying do as I please?

I want to cut my hair into a pic cut, very badly... my boyfriend of over a year doesn't like the idea of it, he tells me he will love me either way, but says he honestly wishes I would grow it out to the length it used to be (down to my butt) before we dated. my hair is just above my shoulders since I grew out an old short haircut, that was a side shave with chin length hair, and he didn't seem... thrilled... when I showed up to a date with that haircut, and is acting better now that it's grown out, but is now freaking out when I mention I wanna cut it short again. over text, he acts totally fine with it, but in person he gets all distressed and begs me not to. I know I should just do what I want and if he doesn't like it and leaves me (though I doubt that he would...) he's not worth it, etc. he understands my opinion on that. but I'm also one to want to keep him happy, and mine, and think I'm attractive, etc... help? I'm so lost on what to do... should I just go my own way? or let my hair grow...

32

Most Helpful Guy

• Relationships are about compromises. Maybe not grow your hair to your butt, but out to your shoulders. It's not like he's asking for you to completely change your personality, he's just asking to not look less attractive to him. You would probably expect the same out of him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do what you want!!! Like Jesus Christ who gets upset about their partner doing what they want with their OWN body? It's HAIR.

If he can't handle you doing what YOU want with YOUR hair what else can he not handle you doing on your own. Seriously OP this is beyond ridiculous that he would even have an opinion on what YOU do with YOUR body.