Girls, would you date a guy who has undergone rhinoplasty (a nose job)?

• Yes
  • No
Sorry, I should've offered more details:

- Yes, it is purely for aesthetic reasons. There are no health issues.
- Rhinoplasty is the only cosmetic surgery that I'm interested in.
- Passing genes onto children is a non-issue, because I don't want children anyway.

30

Most Helpful Girl

• Every time I see someone get a nose job, it's for having a hook/bump in their nose. I have that too and have always loved my nose, and don't understand why that's something you should get rid of. I wouldn't break up with him if I found out, but if he's had a procedure because of insecurity (having it for health reasons is completely different), there are probably other things he's insecure about, which will probably annoy me. I don't want to be too harsh with this, since I've had thoughts about getting a boob job. But I don't follow through because I like my body, despite it's not looking the way I want sometimes. I don't understand someone who wants to change their body.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • "if he's had a procedure because of insecurity [...], there are probably other things he's insecure about"

That's a pretty bold assumption. Would it change your answer if I assured you that my nose is the one and only thing that I happen to be insecure about, and that having the procedure done would eliminate it?

• Most people who get plastic surgery don't stop at one procedure, so it's not a bold assumption. And, from my point of view, cosmetic surgery is an unnecessary risk. Especially on the face.