Why are males of most every species (including humans) are the better looking gender?

Male bird on the right, female bird on the left.
Why are males of most every species (including humans) are the better looking gender?A Lion and a lioness
Why are males of most every species (including humans) are the better looking gender? Lastly, humans
A human male in peak form will always be better than 100% of females, on average females are better looking than average men, but if you put ANY human next to a peak male, the male will always win.
This is why Male models outshine female models when they're standing next to each other. Not to mention most women need makeup to even get out the house.
Why are males of most every species (including humans) are the better looking gender?Why are males of most every species (including humans) are the better looking gender?

525

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm. I disagree with you. I am a straight woman and I will argue with you that the woman is more attractive than a manLook at a man past 35... possibly bald.

Not seriously I think you can't compare a human to a bird, we aren't birds. The look is only relevant for mating / dating if the females pick the Partner and their appearance tells them something about their qualities as a father (as happening in birds.) the lion man has a mane not to impress the woman but to impress his rivals. Therefore only the winners get to mate. Women look for other qualities in men than appearance and men also usually don't have to impress other men to spread their genes. Therefore the reason humans mate has very little to do with their appearance. Men just carry characteristics of what a woman is attracted to, but even unattractive men get to add to the genpool so looks will never really matter much.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • And no I didn't choose my man for looks which is why I won't leave him for looks. Whether our offspring is successful has extremely little to do with our looks much more with our mindset and education. You'll get there when you grow up and stop masturbating to your own reflection in a mirror. calling other people narcissistic and homosexuals for not agreeing with your narcissistic, homosexual statement. You are so funny.

• Listen honey, just because you married a meal ticket with poor genes doesn't mean all men go bald.
      And i'm pretty sure you're rocking cellulite and stretch marks all over your body as well.
      First off, i was talking top tier peak males with the best genetics, not your everyday average 36 year old bald boy.
      Pick any man with the best genetics and he will obliterate any woman you place next to him.
      Women are visual, men are visual.
      You married that bald dude because you were in no place to be selective about who you marry, you're just as attractive as him, you're on his level.
      You're the wife of a a bald man. Women flock to good looking men.

My 78 year old grandfather had full head of hair when he was laid on his death bed.

Most Helpful Guy

• With most animals it is pretty logical. Females obviously choose the mating partner that could create the best offspring, therefore the males have to impress the female. This can be done by being shiny, like a peacock, or being very strong, like lions tend to be. The males have to stand out from the crowd in a way, that differs between the species we're talking about. This is not the case with a female duck, hence a female duck can look grey and boring without it actually mattering. In short, males have to impress the female and therefore have to stand out from the crowd.

As for humans. Nah, I personally find the female body to be infinitely better looking than a male body.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • So you're saying you're ugly and women don't find you attractive and the only reason a woman will ever be with you is because you can give her food and all?
      do you have some inferiority complex?
      do you also think that women are the second coming of Jesus?

• http://gph.is/2mOqUyh

If you were quoting me, you would exactly say what I said.

I said nothing related to me being ugly, women not attracted to me, feeding them, inferiority complex or the supposed second coming.

Try again.

• *related to me supposably being