Why are males of most every species (including humans) are the better looking gender?

Male bird on the right, female bird on the left.
Why are males of most every species (including humans) are the better looking gender?A Lion and a lioness
Why are males of most every species (including humans) are the better looking gender? Lastly, humans
A human male in peak form will always be better than 100% of females, on average females are better looking than average men, but if you put ANY human next to a peak male, the male will always win.
This is why Male models outshine female models when they're standing next to each other. Not to mention most women need makeup to even get out the house.
Why are males of most every species (including humans) are the better looking gender?Why are males of most every species (including humans) are the better looking gender?
Why are males of most every species (including humans) are the better looking gender?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm. I disagree with you. I am a straight woman and I will argue with you that the woman is more attractive than a manLook at a man past 35... possibly bald.

Not seriously I think you can't compare a human to a bird, we aren't birds. The look is only relevant for mating / dating if the females pick the Partner and their appearance tells them something about their qualities as a father (as happening in birds.) the lion man has a mane not to impress the woman but to impress his rivals. Therefore only the winners get to mate. Women look for other qualities in men than appearance and men also usually don't have to impress other men to spread their genes. Therefore the reason humans mate has very little to do with their appearance. Men just carry characteristics of what a woman is attracted to, but even unattractive men get to add to the genpool so looks will never really matter much.

1|0
    0|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Show All
    • And no I didn't choose my man for looks which is why I won't leave him for looks. Whether our offspring is successful has extremely little to do with our looks much more with our mindset and education. You'll get there when you grow up and stop masturbating to your own reflection in a mirror. calling other people narcissistic and homosexuals for not agreeing with your narcissistic, homosexual statement. You are so funny.

• Listen honey, just because you married a meal ticket with poor genes doesn't mean all men go bald.
      And i'm pretty sure you're rocking cellulite and stretch marks all over your body as well.
      First off, i was talking top tier peak males with the best genetics, not your everyday average 36 year old bald boy.
      Pick any man with the best genetics and he will obliterate any woman you place next to him.
      Women are visual, men are visual.
      You married that bald dude because you were in no place to be selective about who you marry, you're just as attractive as him, you're on his level.
      You're the wife of a a bald man. Women flock to good looking men.

My 78 year old grandfather had full head of hair when he was laid on his death bed.

Most Helpful Guy

• With most animals it is pretty logical. Females obviously choose the mating partner that could create the best offspring, therefore the males have to impress the female. This can be done by being shiny, like a peacock, or being very strong, like lions tend to be. The males have to stand out from the crowd in a way, that differs between the species we're talking about. This is not the case with a female duck, hence a female duck can look grey and boring without it actually mattering. In short, males have to impress the female and therefore have to stand out from the crowd.

As for humans. Nah, I personally find the female body to be infinitely better looking than a male body.

3|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • So you're saying you're ugly and women don't find you attractive and the only reason a woman will ever be with you is because you can give her food and all?
      do you have some inferiority complex?
      do you also think that women are the second coming of Jesus?

• Show All
    • http://gph.is/2mOqUyh

If you were quoting me, you would exactly say what I said.

I said nothing related to me being ugly, women not attracted to me, feeding them, inferiority complex or the supposed second coming.

Try again.

• *related to me supposably being

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Human men are NO WHERE NEAR as attractive as females

2|2
    0|4
    • That's your homosexuality and narcissism talking.

• Show All
    • Those aren't gay men.. but whatever.
      A lesbian is the last person i'll talk to if i want to discuss how attractive men are.

• Yes they are and I'm not a lesbian

• You do know that male animals are more dashing, because they have to court females and the best looking wins?

0|2
    0|1
    • Somehow the top alpha males in our society don't chase at all, as they have the pick. And before make up and dyes that can make a 3 look like a 9, most males had a pick.

• I think men have the better faces, but women the better bodies.

0|0
    0|0
    • so you're saying stretch marks and cellulite are beautiful?

• Not every woman has stretch marks and cellulite. And some stretch marks look like tiger stripes which is kinda cool.

But I was using your logic of the top tier people. Top tier men have the better faces and top tier women have the better bodies. Top tier women wouldn't really have much if any stretch marks or cellulite.

• I'm not all to sure about that

1|1
    0|1
    • That's your homosexuality speaking.

• ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• :D:D

What Guys Said 24

• That called Sexual Dimorphism. In most species, the more " attractive" gender is usually the one that has to compete for the" less attractive" sex's attention. In humans tho, I'll venture to say that it's more a matter of preference. And if you don't think male model use makeup and touchups, your mistaken. We are a damn good looking species all around if we give it bodies a chance.

3|0
    0|0
    • A non biased opinion, i appreciate that.

• Thanks. Although I'm pretty for his original post was just h8 b8

• Sorry?

• Males are more flashy in nature to attract mates, while the women are more camouflaged to protect them and their babies. In humans the roles are reversed. Women are flashy and attract men, while men are more athletically built so we can kill each other and provide for the women.

2|0
    0|0
  • Male animals are flashy to attract mates, while females tend to be coloured for better camouflage

2|0
    0|0
    • elaborate?

• Like with lions. Males have a big mane because it shows off their fitness and maturity. A big thick mane is a sign that he's a healthy, strong potential mate. But for a lioness, who does most of the hunting in the pride, that mane would make it harder to blend in and sneak up on prey.

• I totally disagree haha xD. My hairy ass does not look nicer than a girls lol!

1|0
    0|0
    • Well we aren't talking about average males.
      I already said average female is better than average male.
      Only, peak males win.

• Iโ€™ve noticed this as well. I think if you were comparing a man without makeup versus a woman without makeup, youโ€™ll find that the man might look more attractive. I think a lot of the disparity of why some guys might think women look better is because women devote more time to their appearance and wear a lot of makeup. Most guys do not wear makeup and spend half their time getting ready and they look fairly good. I think a manโ€™s natural peak is greater than a womanโ€™s natural weak for biological reasons of course. Iโ€™m attracted to women 100% but I can also look outside from a different perspective as well.

1|2
    2|0
  • I don't agree that men are better looking across species, but I do agree that they are the more colorful and vibrant. As far as the reason why, females are the selectors of mating, not males; thus, males need to look freaking amazing compared to their competition (so that they'll be selected as a mate by the attractive female) so, the less colorful or vibrant males won't be selected, won't have kids, and boom: natural selection just killed the ugly man gene

0|0
    0|0
  • You sound gay, because personally I have vehement disagreement with your assessment. While the birds and lions example you selected may hold true in this, I don't believe that it carries over in all species & especially not with people. You look down the line of the most beautiful women & there's even more diversity in the shapes and sizes of them, there's definitely more color in how they style themselves, & even their hair is more sophisticated & longer on average. Even internet famous transgender people like Blaire White are only considered beautiful insofar as they manage to capture the female form.

I also don't agree with the pervasiveness of women & makeup in general. I will agree that with many of them they look bad when it comes off, but often it is unecessary and depending on their skill in applying it it can be a detriment to their beauty. I don't know why you didn't include any female models. Plus, not everyone agrees that muscles = attractive.

4|1
    0|0
  • Because in nature its harder for the men to get laid and further their lineage. Females always are the choosers (in nature and mostly in humans).

1|1
    0|0
  • I'll take the most attractive female any day, thank you very much

2|0
    0|0
  • this is true only if you find masculinity attractive. In which case your question is self-answering. If not, then your question is self-invalidating.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm bi, with a preference for women.
      But Christ there's no such thing as good looking as a man.

• again, that's only true if you find masculinity attractive.

• Spot on, our females also used to chase guys before make up and dyes came around.

0|1
    1|0
  • It's called sexual dimorphism and sometimes it's the female that's more attractive. Like black widows.

0|0
    0|0
  • Thats true but I look better than the men in photos you have up , girls can tell you

1|0
    0|0
  • Good looks = good health. You have to stand out to be noticed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men are better looking than women, i'm straight though

0|0
    0|0
  • and girls to be on the same lavel try to use a make up

0|1
    0|0
  • Yep you are gay

3|0
    0|0
  • Are you gay?

2|2
    0|0
  • To attract the females. It's basic biology.

1|1
    0|0
  • Men are definitely the better looking sex.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes