Are man bags cool or do guys just look weird?

are man bags cool or do guys just look weird?so recently i have been beaten into submission to get a man bag for when we go out for days out or on holiday as my wife gets upset with the usual excuses of my pockets are full or you have a bag why can't i put it in there. so the question is, are man bags cool or do guys just look plain weird walking around with a man bag.

i must admit that they are useful when on holiday and was able to get all my stuff in there and didn't have pockets bulging out and my shorts falling down but did feel a little self conscious for the first few days. but the wife also liked it as it was payback and i had to carry some of her stuff for once.

how many of you guys have one or how many girls other halfs have one?
  • i am a man and i have one they are cool
    Vote A
  • i am a man i have a man bag because they are useful and piratical
    Vote B
  • i am a man and i dont like man bags (i have pockets)
    Vote C
  • i am lady and i like guys with man bags shows a feminine side of them
    Vote D
  • i am a lady and i like guys that have man bags saves me carrying my handbag
    Vote E
  • i am a lady and i dont like guys with man bags as i am the lady i have the handbag
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think a guy who is confident and wears one because it is convenient for him is hot. Guys who are worried about looking girly turn me off. If you aren't girly in personality, I won't consider you girly. Just like a man with a kilt.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Imagine if some one snatched it. You would have to run after him shouting "Somebody stop that awful man! He has my handbag!"

Is that really what you want?

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• They look kinda odd to me if i'm honest but from a practical reason i guess i understand it. .. i went on date once with a guy who showed up with a bag and i just found it odd i'd never seen that before lol no one else i had met ever had a bag.

0|1
    0|0
  • Neither of your options... they're just weird...

It's useful so I have nothing against a man carrying a messenger bag around.

ohindustry.com/.../how-to-wear-a-messenger-bag.jpg

0|1
    0|0
  • it's cool reminds me of new york and Canada cause guys everyone carries those around. male and female.

0|1
    0|0
  • Meh, none of your options. I don't see why having a bag affects the way I think of him at all, I don't think I really care either way? I suppose it's practical but I'm kinda used to carrying the important things like our wallets and my partner's insulin and our keys and all that, it could be useful for him to have a bag of his own but I'd rather have the things in mine where I know for sure we've definitely got them, I don't trust him not to forget :P

0|0
    0|0
  • I find it totally normal. It doesn't look weird or funny. It would be weird if it was a purse or a woman's bag

0|0
    0|0
    • well the one that i have did come from a woman haha but inst a hand bag its like the one in the photo as i am into my scooters so she gave it to me knowing i would use it

• Show All
    • yeah but then they need to be leather in my opinion (dont like the canvas ones plain) and they get expensive and well for something that i won't use much i wouldn't pay for it.

• True that

• If I see a man with a feminine, bright, colorful bag like that one in the picture... I will assume he is gay with no room for changing my mind.

0|0
    0|1
  • I'm not a huge fan to be honest but if it's useful to you then that's all that matters.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they look cool, better Han having a wallet bulge in a guy's front or back pocket!

1|0
    0|0
  • it looks kinda classy especially the brown leathers ones, they can be pulled off really well

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they're okay. It depends on the bag really. Some are really feminine.

1|0
    0|0
  • Overall I dislike manbags. If he wants a bag he should get a backpack.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are alright

0|0
    0|0
  • Some can

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• For a long time now I began carrying bags with me and finding out that there's too much stuff that I want to bring along that would never fit in my pockets (phone, wallet, game console, etc).
    I never thought if it was "cool" or not. It feels weird when no other guy around uses one but I never cared about those details. At least I can bring a water bottle without having to hold it in my hand.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bags are useful. Means I don't have to fill up my pockets with crap, this is good whether wearing tight fitted or loose and comfortable. Also, there's a lot more space so I will also carry other random shit like a bluetooth speaker, beverages and snacks, a tuner and capo in case I ever come across a guitar in the wild, it'll have all my books and papers 'n' shite and if I need to be unencumbered I can just put the bag down and presto.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have one of these
    www.iguane-maroquinerie.fr/.../...tpak-the-one.jpg
    I use it to carry my phones, important papers, USB keys and earphones. I mainly use it because my phone is too big for my pockets.

0|1
    0|0
  • I use them when I need to carry stuff. Backpacks are a child thing to me unless you're riding a bike or are out hiking. I stopped using them with like 15. To work and while traveling I always carry a bag.

0|0
    0|0
  • Every working man that I know has a bag.
    Just get something that doesn't look like it belongs on a 15 year old schoolgirl and you will be fine.

I have a bag that looks similar to this for when I'm traveling and stuff.

0|0
    0|0
    • yeah but what about when your not working and on holiday or a day out with the family? you'd look a little silly with a work bag

• It is what you make it. It’s your opinion that counts. If someone else doesn’t like it, it doesn’t matter.

0|1
    0|0
  • i am sure these guys who think it is gay or unmanly have not carried one to find out how useful the are. Try to carry your keys, wallet, cigarettes, and all your medication,(when you are a little older) pens, and other important things. I hate packing my pockets full of stuff. looks tacky. it is a lot better
    to have a manbag than shoving all your stuff in your pockets when you are a busdriver

0|0
    0|0
  • Beats the heck out of shoving everything into every pocket you have available, and then trying to sit down. Lol

0|0
    0|0
  • i've always found it most masculine to carry anything... it plays a psychological buzzer in your mind to see a single strap on the shoulder... looks like mommy~ reminds me of the 80's and 90's growing up... looking in moms purse for gum.
    now if you are British or "feel" British it might be an exception because British culture is slightly more gender fluid when it comes to etiquette and posturing... dialog everything is acute, astute, shrewd, sharp-witted, his rapierlike form both amuses and impresses me, he is both agile and desirable to women, jack be nimble, aren't you a clever lad, i find her artificially intelligent, brilliant, life is peachy keen thank you for asking, you have an uncanny ability to decipher codes, ~that subject was penetrating, Oh what an insightful tale... the same way a german boy might wear a scarf in summertime

0|0
    0|0
  • they seem odd in uk and a rucksack may be a better option but get on a ferry and you see loads of europeans have them.

0|0
    0|0
    • not so many with the union flag on though lol

• Show All
    • shame rcords went out of fashion else you could have posed as a dj lol.

• Of course, if you're traveling. It's hand luggage. Not really a man bag in my opinion.

• I have backpack. It's way more comfortable, holds more, and…you know…it actually holds on you. Kind of important aspect, I would say.

0|0
    0|0
  • I rather use my pockets, but if I had too I have a messenger bag I could use, a man bag looks to much like a purse

0|0
    0|0
  • Gay. They look feminine and gay.

1|0
    1|2
  • Never gonna like them

1|0
    0|0
  • No they are not cool.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes