Ladies, have you tried waxing?

I really want to get this waxing kit, but I'm not sure if I should.

Do you wax?
If you do, does it hurt?
What kind of wax do you use?
What steps do you take to make sure it goes well?
Is it better than shaving, or does it give you good results?
Ladies, have you tried waxing??

189

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't wax... i realize this is mostly aimed at girls. But here is what little I can offer:

Does it hurt:
    Yes. But different pains effect you differently. Some kinds of pain you don't mind as much, or pass faster.
    My sister was trying hair removal products before her wedding. I am not very hairy but I have some hair. I let her wax a strip of my chest.
    It hurt. It was certainly not pleasant. But after giving it a moment, I was ready to do a second strip if she needed it. The discomfort is brief, and not the type of pain that makes you say "not again!"

better/good results:
    Unlike shaving, you can't cut yourself. Some people break out a bit after shaving, and I had no breakouts where I was waxed. Because the hair was pulled out, it took longer to grow back (I was curious, so I used my razor to shave a small area that night, and compared how long it took to regrow). And your skin is super baby smooth.

Because you have to do it less, the results look and feel great, and it doesn't irritate your skin as much or cause a mild break out, I'd suggest it could be worth it.

And I'd imagine waxing legs would not feel near as painful as waxing chest.

Most Helpful Girl

• You should definitely try waxing, but please go to a salon first!! Since is your first time, and you said you shave, your body hair is not gonna be "soft", and waxing hurts, so going to someone who knows what they're doing is the best you could do. The first time I did it I was probably 14, and my mom took me to this salon she used to go to. Im glad I went to one and didn't start waxing myself.
    It hurts, more or less depending on the area. You will get used to it though :)
    The best part of it are the results. After waxing, you say goodbye to hair for probably 3 weeks!

• Oh gosh! Thank you! Do the salons wax the bikini line? Or is that weird?

• For sure!! You could ask for different styles of bikini waxing, but being your first time I don't recommend going all the way and asking for a Brazilian wax (which takes all hair out) but instead ask only for the bikini line. Remember there's nothing they haven't seen before! Good luck girl!!

• I'm so nervous to ask for that 🤦 I will try when I have the opportunity. Thank you so much!! 💙💙