Guys would you wear speedos?

Would you wear speedos if they were a lot more socially accepted? Or if more guys wore them like 50/50 and they were more common? Would you like to have the freedom of being able to wear them without being judged harshly? The same type of freedom girls have when they wear a bikini?
  • I wear them already and I don't care what society thinks
  • I wish I could if society wasn't so judgmental
  • I would if I had the body for it
    Vote C
  • No I wouldn't wear them regardless
    Vote D
  • See results
    Vote E
ha ha getting more answers from girls :/
Hilarious some answers. People are really scared of them. Mostly the US of course
and for the record...I think the latest L.M.F.A.O music video with them wearing speedos is revolting. If you haven't seen it then I wouldn't recommend it. It's a perfect example of how NOT to wear speedos

2024

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally, I prefer regular bikini swim briefs for guys over speedos. I'm not crazy over that incredibly tight mashing feeling and look. Regardless though, they need to fit properly. I don't like seeing beer bellied men in them. Loose the gut if you want to wear that. It would be nice to see younger men in them, but mostly old men wear them. Oh well, we are all heading to old age sooner or later. But as for me, I am 38, 6'1" and weigh on average between 155 - 165 lbs. I've been swimming in men's bikini briefs since my mid I was about 23 (I've been tanning in them on the farm where I grew up since my late teens). I am not a body builder, but am not suffering from an enlarged stomach either. Also, I have a medium tan with no farmer tan lines (farmer's tans are ugly). I am married and am not looking to draw attention from women to think I look sexy. My wife is the only one who can find or see my tan lines, and she loves it! Most of us (women included) do not have a model magazine looking body.

Should I wear them? If you don't like it, don't look at me. My wife hates the look of board shorts that look like pants that are too short, and I hate the look and feel of them also. Speedo / men's bikini briefs feel great in water, and dry a lot faster than short (which makes you feel like a drowned rat for hours later).

But because of society, I choose to wear the shorts until it is time to either tan or swim. After that I dry off and cover up with a towel before putting the shorts back on (which it is awesome to have dry shorts after a swim). If it was normal for guys to wear them, then I would walk the beach in them, but since it is not that accepted by society, I don't. I don't go around the beach staring at every hot or ugly woman in a bikini on the beach, and most don't stare at me either. Most people are self-conscious on the beach, so even though it feels like people are staring, I just head to the water with my wife and enjoy a fun swim with her.

Besides, they feel amazing in the water, and you can't see them on me when I'm out swimming anyway. So really, who cares? I've never caught anyone staring at me, and I don't push it either. So again, should I wear them? I won't stop just because you think I shouldn't. I would rather please my wife than you.

Outside of the beach, I am very conservative. I never go anywhere even without a shirt. The beach is a place to enjoy "reasonable" freedom. If you are a guy and you have a problem with my swimsuit, then I can't help you with your insecurities. If you are a woman and have a problem, well honey I'm taken, so I'm not trying to attract you anyway. Marriage has been the best boost of self-confidence I've ever had. I know longer care what the opposite gender thinks.

Nonetheless guys, if you are going to wear a bikini or speedo, please for the sake of us all, make sure it fits right, and does not overemphasize your personal areas (or look trashy). Most people wouldn't want women to dress like that either.

• I too wear them I get misty of mine from skinzwear standing at 5'6" and 170 lbs, I've never had any complaints.