How do you go about approaching a girl on a bus /public transportation?

OK I'm not that used to riding public transportation other than a few subway rides in the city as I've mostly lived in a small town . but going away to college in a few weeks and there in a major bus line near my apartment so I'll likely take it downtown , but wondering about how'd I should go about trying to talk to girls on the bus if I see any I like ?

is it say OK to sit rate beside the girl ? or best to just sit near ?

is it considered creepy to check out a girl on a bus in a city ?

do I have to be careful not to do anything to bug them ?

what could I talk to her about ? and what would such a girl be interested in talking about ?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• If it was in Australia you would first catch the girls eye, not by staring at her, that makes you look like a stalker. Just glance at her and if she glances at you, smile, maybe a little head nod to show you have seen her. If she smiles back and looks receptive then it might be ok to say something to her. The best opening line I have gotten is just g'day, that might mean hi over there. You then start chatting about something that you will both have a similar opinion on, something trivial like how late the bus always is, or the weather has been great but its usually too hot or cold. Something that is easy to talk to anyone about. Try not to talk different to girls just because you might like them, we are just normal people too. The conversation can then go to things like where you are going and what you are doing and what she is doing and does she take the bus often, personal things but non threatening.

You can sit beside her if the bus is full and that is one of the only seats left. But don't sit that close that she thinks you are about to molest her. Try to start a conversation, but if she is busy reading or makes it obvious she doesn't want to chat, don't force it, just enjoy the rest of the trip.

You can check girls out on the bus or anywhere. I'm always checking guys out, its just that they don't realise it. As long as you are not staring or invading their personal space or being creepy about it, you can always glance around and have a look at people.

Just treat girls like you treat guys, don't bug us when it is obvious we don't want to talk or chat, and that might be most of the time, so be prepared to not worry about it. You might find the best way of meeting girls is just to do your own thing, be happy and confidant and you might find they might want to talk to you.

I have no idea what the people are like where you are, but you can generally talk about anything that is not boring or may bring up strong opinions. In Australia we can talk about almost anything that is happening around the world, most people are well informed, ( not sure about people in the US, you don't seem to get out much ! )

Don't be creepy, don't be a slimeball. Just be you and enjoy your bus trip whether you meet a nice girl or not. Girls like guys who are confidant and independant, not weedy worriers or stuck up guys with their head up their own a**e.

Hope some of that helped, if not its because we are in different countries and we are more layed back over here ! Good luck.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE