How do you go about approaching a girl on a bus /public transportation?

OK I'm not that used to riding public transportation other than a few subway rides in the city as I've mostly lived in a small town . but going away to college in a few weeks and there in a major bus line near my apartment so I'll likely take it downtown , but wondering about how'd I should go about trying to talk to girls on the bus if I see any I like ?

is it say OK to sit rate beside the girl ? or best to just sit near ?

is it considered creepy to check out a girl on a bus in a city ?

do I have to be careful not to do anything to bug them ?

what could I talk to her about ? and what would such a girl be interested in talking about ?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If it was in Australia you would first catch the girls eye, not by staring at her, that makes you look like a stalker. Just glance at her and if she glances at you, smile, maybe a little head nod to show you have seen her. If she smiles back and looks receptive then it might be ok to say something to her. The best opening line I have gotten is just g'day, that might mean hi over there. You then start chatting about something that you will both have a similar opinion on, something trivial like how late the bus always is, or the weather has been great but its usually too hot or cold. Something that is easy to talk to anyone about. Try not to talk different to girls just because you might like them, we are just normal people too. The conversation can then go to things like where you are going and what you are doing and what she is doing and does she take the bus often, personal things but non threatening.

You can sit beside her if the bus is full and that is one of the only seats left. But don't sit that close that she thinks you are about to molest her. Try to start a conversation, but if she is busy reading or makes it obvious she doesn't want to chat, don't force it, just enjoy the rest of the trip.

You can check girls out on the bus or anywhere. I'm always checking guys out, its just that they don't realise it. As long as you are not staring or invading their personal space or being creepy about it, you can always glance around and have a look at people.

Just treat girls like you treat guys, don't bug us when it is obvious we don't want to talk or chat, and that might be most of the time, so be prepared to not worry about it. You might find the best way of meeting girls is just to do your own thing, be happy and confidant and you might find they might want to talk to you.

I have no idea what the people are like where you are, but you can generally talk about anything that is not boring or may bring up strong opinions. In Australia we can talk about almost anything that is happening around the world, most people are well informed, ( not sure about people in the US, you don't seem to get out much ! )

Don't be creepy, don't be a slimeball. Just be you and enjoy your bus trip whether you meet a nice girl or not. Girls like guys who are confidant and independant, not weedy worriers or stuck up guys with their head up their own a**e.

Hope some of that helped, if not its because we are in different countries and we are more layed back over here ! Good luck.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Sit near, not beside. Make sure she's not busy. Just say 'hello' and try to be friendly, not flirtatious, and make small talk. If she's got an ipod with her, ask her what she listens to. Ask her where she's headed. Ask her if she's from around there. Compliment her bag or something.

0|0
    1|0
    • Yeah....NO!

Asking her where she's headed, is she from around there, NOT such a brilliant idea.

She would probably think you're up to something, if not being a stalker!

But the other conversation starters are good...

• Haha, wooee sorry! Just my two cents.

• I drive the bus for my city, and believe me, I see all sorts of men(and women) hitting on each other, even including me! No. I don't think it's weird to sit directly by a girl, especially if the bus is crowded. You could sit a seat away from someone if that feels more comfortable to you, then just look over at them, smile, and say something about the weather. That is the main conversation starter on our buses. Or you could tell her you are new to the bus line and ask her if she is a regular rider. This could be a good conversation starter as well. Then just blend in other things you might be interested in. If she rides the same route as you do everyday, then you know you'll probably see her again the next day, then you'll have another opportunity to talk with her again. Trust me everyone converses with one another on the bus, it is completely normal to strike up a conversation with a total stranger. It breaks up the monotony of the ride.

0|0
    0|0
    • Regular rider! HAHAHA

xD

Nice one!

• Ofyeah believe me honey, it works. Happens all the time on my bus...tell them you are new to the city and ask where a particular place is or something like that.... ha ha itll work for you Honey.

• Well I don't know how you should do it, but if you're taking the same public transportation every day in the same time and there is girl you like, I speak up my experience, how guys approached some of the friends I know. One guy wrote a little card with nice comments and with phone number and gave it to the girl. Then one girl was asked, that if she is the person he knows, obviously she was not, but then again the start was made. Also look for the eye contact and send her a little smile. The best is when you take it off from the same station waiting for the same transport, you can start slowly, asking the hour or if the bus didn't pass yet (typical, but it's proven) and so you can see, how the girl reacts. If she replies positively and you know she lives nearby and is not just passing by, don't ask her out or her number right away. Wait for the second meet-up at least. Those were just my five cents, good luck!

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Try to find something in common, stops you get off at in common or the fact that you both ride public transportation. My recomendation is to be relaxed and sincere and try to have a sense of humor. It seems to me these are the things that many women find attractive in a man, if you can put her at ease or share a funny experience, once the ice has been broken so to speak, things should progress smoothly from that point. I hope this helps some.

0|0
    0|0
  • oh mi god that's sooooooooo shallow! just judge someone on there looks?

1|1
    0|1
    • I was aking how to talk to a girl on a bus ? not sure where you got the idea I was only judung them by there looks , but when making the initial attraction or when a guy first see's a girls , looks is often very important , well I admit I'm not likely to talk to someone I don't find attractive , the question I asked could be used to help someone talk to anyone , pretty or not

• Show All
    • Why would I look nice for a stranger on a bus? A lot of guys on the bus have asked me for my number so trust me if I wanted to have a boyfriend on the bus I would have one by now

P.S. I know that this question is,old but I have been taking,the bus,long enough to know what to acoid

• *avoid

• It is not odd to sit next to her, unless there are plenty of open seats available.

You might open with a joke about a shared experience, like the bus service, or being a student.

Don't look too long without saying anything.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes