Why a girl avoids eye contact?

Does anyone knows why would a girl avoid eye contact during a conversation? It does not happen before neither after but just when there it is a close encounter.

92

Most Helpful Girl

• Whenn you look in a girls eyes, it feels like your looking right into us. Like you can see what were thinking and feeling when we don't want you to.

• I kind love your feedback a lot about avoiding eye contact. Would you mind if I add you in my contact list?

• I agree:) It is INVASIVE

It CAN feel cool, however if I'm actually thinking about the guy I feel like he can see thru me

I actually feel like he is looking straight at me BECAUSE he knows &he has power of knowledge,

its a very intense thing & I do not want him understanding me before I do

on the other hand I love eyes if I like a guy his eyes are so captivating its hard not 2 stare

If was feeling guilty for thinking ABOUT thinkig about him...I would avoid his stare :)

• All of us are not mind readers... trust me. But we are intuitive to actions and the response from them... its just some of us are quicker to pick up on it than others... patience on the other party would be beneficial.

What Girls Said 8

• well, if I'm conversating with a guy and I'm not looking into his eyes its because he just so cute and hot and every time I do look at him its like electric emotion that's great don't get me wrong but it can make me feel nervous in a good way...so I may avoid eye contact..

• I work in a profession flooded with women and some can hold direct eye contact usually married or securely attached and others I can see they just looking at my forehead? Judging from previous responses I think I understand.

• normally, when I'm talking to a really cute guy.. I can't look at him. I don't know why. I guess it's because if I do, I'll end up messing up what I'm saying, & I don't know it's awkward when I'm talking and just looking at his eyes, haha I really don't know.

• The only reason I can't look a guy in the eyes is because I get really nervous or uncomfortable. But sometimes it's pretty much cuhs I feel insecure.

• It is a natural reaction when looking at people to feel nervous or uncomfortable

• she may just like you, but is shy. This happens to me with guys I really like. Is she likes this with just you, or other guys too... If it's just you, she's definitely into you, or is at the least made nervous by you.

• Sometimes I do it subconsciously. It's just part of my mannerisms when I'm joking around or something lol. Otherwise, I only do it when the conversation gets uncomfortable -- like if it's really personal.

• well for me personaly its because I'm really shy and it just makes me uncomfortable as hell

• well I personally don't like full on eye contact. when someone does that to me I get uncomfortable. But also I get shy, so I feel that I need to look around when I'm talking, because I'll soon become nervous and lose all train of thought.

• usually, if I don't keep eye contact with a guy I'm interested in, its because I start getting shy and don't want to say something dumb if because I'm distracted by him. or sometimes, I get a little insecure because I feel like he's just staring at me and its so much easier to judge me that way lol if that makes any sense

What Guys Said 2

• Look up Asperger Syndrome or some other Pervasive Development Disorder. That's a possibility.

• maybe you make her nervous or something. because I had the thing happend to me. she looked me in the eyes for like 3 seconds and the she started gigglin and stuff