Follow up to regrowing vegetables from what you have in your refrigerator and produce bins

sejla

Turnip and carrot greens growing in water. They took off after I put water from my dehumidifier in the tray versus tap water. I’m sure rain water would be even better. This is about 3 days of growth. I think you can regrow the greens several times. These you’re basically regrowing for greens. There are recipes out there for vegetable greens.

About day 2 of regrowing my lettuce. It was the butter lettuce that comes with the roots.

My cabbage is starting to grow leaves again. The cabbage just had the cut end. I started it in water and then put it in a small planter that was empty because a plant died. I think any of these could be grown in water.

5
2

Most Helpful Guys

• Gedaria
    Yes my late mother use to do this. when she pealed veg. She use to re plant them mainly carrots. .
    Potatoes she use to cut up making sure there was a eye on the middle. Then do g a trench , put the pototo cuttings in then cover over. She could do the same with sprouts. How she managed to do it don't know but she always got a crop...
    Is this still revelant?
  • bulletbob555
    I tried the celery but then it just up and died. It got about a foot tall before it quit
    Is this still revelant?
    • sejla

That's a joke right?

• No I grew the celery in water.

• sejla

no i meant that it only grew a foot. That would be the normal height for celery so i thought you were joking.

Most Helpful Girls

• That is so cool, I hope they grow quickly and delicious
    Is this still revelant?
  • Agape93
    Looks good so far
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

03
  • Guffrus
    Thats so awesome, well done.

I did this with an onion once but i didn't follow up on it, i just planted it in the garden, it did grow though.
  • malik_yashvardhan
    Nice mytake
  • crazygus77
    It does look good