If you are at a restaurant/fast food and you drop some trash, cup, lid, straw wrapper, etc. on the floor, do you pick it up and throw it away?

If you are at a restaurant and/or fast food place and you accidentally drop some trash such as a cup lid, napkin, whatever it may be... do you pick it up and throw it away? Or do you just shrug your shoulders and go "meh, I'll let a worker clean it up."?
Oh look, a mess customers made. How wonderful of them!
Oh look, a mess customers made. How wonderful of them!

Basically, when you are at a restaurant and you accidentally make a mess, do you clean up after yourself or do you leave it for the workers to clean up after you?
Some parents bring their small children in and let them make a big mess. They show zero effort in trying to prevent it from getting too bad.
Imagine a mess like this, with cheerios crushed into the carpet... but 10x worse. :D
Imagine a mess like this, with cheerios crushed into the carpet... but 10x worse. :D
Basically, when you are at a restaurant and you accidentally make a mess, do you clean up after yourself or do you leave it for the workers to clean up after you?

(This does not include leaving dishes at your table as some places require you to leave them there. I am talking about make messes at drink stations, condiment stations, and messes in general that probably could have been easily fixed or prevented.)
  • I clean up after myself because I'm a responsible adult. :D
    Vote A
  • Sometimes I do. It depends on how I'm feeling that day. Somedays I just don't give a shit.
    Vote B
  • I try my best to clean it up if I can.
    Vote C
  • Nahhhhhhhh who gives a fuck. That is what the workers are for! To clean up my mess. :)
    Vote D
  • I leave it there because I'm lazy and don't feel like picking up after myself. My mommy still picks up after me.
    Vote E
  • I'm the evil mom who brings in their toddler and feeds them cheerios and crackers and lets my child create the biggest fucking mess that it looks like a group of toddlers went at war with dry cereal. :)))
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

2|1

Most Helpful Guys

• A) I clean up after myself because I'm a responsible adult. :D

Personally, i always do my best to prevent an extra mess. I would clean my surrounding as much as i am capable of. I believe, i should be careful and behave responsible to not create a chaotic environment. However, when i make a mess, even accidentally, this is a mess or a mistake that i have made. If i can fix it immediately, i won't hesitate. If i can't, i would attend to apologize the least.

Moreover, even on the table, i always attend to organize used dishes, cutlery, napkins, glasses and every equipment in one piece and i would clean my table using napkins or tissues a little so when the employees arrive for cleaning, they would have an easier job. These employees are human too, just like me. Just because i am a customer doesn't mean i should feel the king of the world and behave bossy and irresponsible or value myself above them. The employees have a lot of work to do, so many people to deal with and so many services to provide. We don't have to do their job for them, we shouldn't. But we can at least prevent an unnecessary mess so they don't have to do extra work and pay for our irresponsibility.

I feel behaving responsibly toward others and the environment, our society in general is like a moral obligation. We don't have to, but it's morally more appropriate. We are in this together, so we need to care enough.

2|0
    0|0
  • You try to clean it up as best as you can. You have to work at a place like that to understand the pain people feel when people leave the mess for workers. One of the ultimate dick moves that one can do.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I always clean up.
    And you know this one time, my girl cousin who was 3 at the time, had spilled my entire cup of coffee on the floor. I tried to clean it up with the help of tissues, but then was of no use. So, I told the person who worked there everything. It's at least decent you know. Bring it to their notice.

1|1
    0|0
    • Yes, it is always important to let an employee know about a mess like that. Unfortunately there are people who make messes like that and don't tell anyone.

• Yep that's unfortunate.

• Of course I clean after myself. I take my trash to the bin when I'm done eating and make sure my table is otherwise clean before leaving. Making it a lot easier to the employees, so that they only have to wipe the table clean, because they have to do a 101 other things as well.

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• Mostly yes I hate cleaning up after others

0|0
    0|0
  • I try my best, obviously I’m going to need to call someone over for a major liquid spill, but anything dry or food wrapping I definitely pick up and put in the bin on the way out.

I can’t stand classless people who walk out leaving a mountain of dry rubbish on the table. I’ve noiced they tend to come from certain cultures and income levels.

1|0
    0|0
  • I always clean up after myself where I have the capacity to do so. Obviously if I've dropped an entire plate of lasagne then I'll need assistance, but that's not likely to happen often.

1|0
    0|0
  • I rarely make a mess because I'm a neat freak but if I did, I always clean up after myself because I was taught to growing up. If a dropped a lid, straw, or napkin on the floor, I would automatically pick it up without giving it a second thought.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do it because I've served in retail before and found random trash items lying around on shelves. Lol I feel bad for workers that are just trying to make a buck and have to bend over backwards for some person that doesn't give a shit.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes I do. It depends on how I'm feeling that day. Somedays I just don't give a shit.

If I spill something I try to use tissues to pick that up. If it is liquid then I try to keep it spreading all over the table. These situations are very rare for me. If I am in bad mood then I do nothing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I clean up after myself and sometimes after other people.

1|0
    0|0
  • If it's fast food I don't until I'm done eating because I don't want to dirty up my hands and have to go to the bathroom and wash up again while my food is getting cold. If I'm at a high class restaurant yeah I do pick it up right away cuz it looks bad leaving it on the floor even if it's for a little while

0|0
    0|0
  • I always do, it's not because I'm a responsible adult but rather due to my crippling OCD

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm the evil mom who brings in their toddler and feeds them cheerios and crackers and lets my child create the biggest fucking mess that it looks like a group of toddlers went at war with dry cereal. :)))

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i would (only if people are watching :D ) Jk lol. I throw it even if no one is watching.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate dirty people. I actually clean up after myself.

1|1
    0|0
  • I clean up after myself because I've been in the workers positions before

1|0
    0|0
  • Ya id pick it up. Unless maybe its like a straw wrapper lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll pick it up

1|0
    0|0
  • l love cleaning l have ocd

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, its my mess so why wouldn't I

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes i would and that' normal

1|0
    0|0
  • yup, i always pick it up and throw it away

0|0
    0|0
  • I take the drive through for fast food..

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends whether I have the right tools

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's a solid thing I'd pick it up

0|0
    0|0
  • usually yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I do. I don't want to litter.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course I do.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do Bc it’s not that hard. I hate when people do this at my job Bc then we have to clean up, and that can take time to do for us to notice it and clean it. It also makes it less enjoyable for other customers

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 16

• Worked as a waitress for a year, so I understand how it feels to clean up someone else's mess. Sure a dropped serviette (napkin) is no problem, but a thousand miniscule straw-paper fragments and salad dressing or tomato-sauce (ketchup ) art all over the table is not fun. That said I always clean up after myself.

1|0
    0|0
  • Unless I’ve literally dropped my whole tray of food 😂 I’m very clumsy, id tell someone if that happened, I clean it up, if I made the mess why shouldn’t I, it annoys me when people can’t be bothered to put there dirty rubbish in the bin as well its not hard with the tray they give you, they’re just lazy

1|0
    0|0
  • I always do my best to leave a place with as little mess as possible. Yeah there's staff who are paid to keep the place clean, but that doesn't give me the excuse to act like an over grown child and trash the place.

2|0
    0|0
  • Most of the time I believe that if it's your trash, your responsible for it. However, there may be some circumstances when I'm too... down/selfish/tired to care and think, yeah, there are waitstaff anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. The most basic courtesy a person can do is clean up after themselves.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would clean it up that how I was raised to do , when we ate at a restaurant

1|0
    0|0
  • I always clean and try to be respectful

1|0
    0|0
  • yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I clean up for sure.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course

1|0
    0|0
  • Neat Freak. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

2|0
    0|0
  • Always clean up

1|0
    0|0
  • I do.

1|0
    0|0
  • I pick it up because I am not an asshole.

1|0
    0|0
  • Naturally I always clear up.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes