If you are at a restaurant/fast food and you drop some trash, cup, lid, straw wrapper, etc. on the floor, do you pick it up and throw it away?

If you are at a restaurant and/or fast food place and you accidentally drop some trash such as a cup lid, napkin, whatever it may be... do you pick it up and throw it away? Or do you just shrug your shoulders and go "meh, I'll let a worker clean it up."?
Oh look, a mess customers made. How wonderful of them!

Basically, when you are at a restaurant and you accidentally make a mess, do you clean up after yourself or do you leave it for the workers to clean up after you?
Some parents bring their small children in and let them make a big mess. They show zero effort in trying to prevent it from getting too bad.
Imagine a mess like this, with cheerios crushed into the carpet... but 10x worse. :D

(This does not include leaving dishes at your table as some places require you to leave them there. I am talking about make messes at drink stations, condiment stations, and messes in general that probably could have been easily fixed or prevented.)
  • I clean up after myself because I'm a responsible adult. :D
  • Sometimes I do. It depends on how I'm feeling that day. Somedays I just don't give a shit.
  • I try my best to clean it up if I can.
    Vote C
  • Nahhhhhhhh who gives a fuck. That is what the workers are for! To clean up my mess. :)
    Vote D
  • I leave it there because I'm lazy and don't feel like picking up after myself. My mommy still picks up after me.
    Vote E
  • I'm the evil mom who brings in their toddler and feeds them cheerios and crackers and lets my child create the biggest fucking mess that it looks like a group of toddlers went at war with dry cereal. :)))
    Vote F

1829

Most Helpful Guys

• A) I clean up after myself because I'm a responsible adult. :D

Personally, i always do my best to prevent an extra mess. I would clean my surrounding as much as i am capable of. I believe, i should be careful and behave responsible to not create a chaotic environment. However, when i make a mess, even accidentally, this is a mess or a mistake that i have made. If i can fix it immediately, i won't hesitate. If i can't, i would attend to apologize the least.

Moreover, even on the table, i always attend to organize used dishes, cutlery, napkins, glasses and every equipment in one piece and i would clean my table using napkins or tissues a little so when the employees arrive for cleaning, they would have an easier job. These employees are human too, just like me. Just because i am a customer doesn't mean i should feel the king of the world and behave bossy and irresponsible or value myself above them. The employees have a lot of work to do, so many people to deal with and so many services to provide. We don't have to do their job for them, we shouldn't. But we can at least prevent an unnecessary mess so they don't have to do extra work and pay for our irresponsibility.

I feel behaving responsibly toward others and the environment, our society in general is like a moral obligation. We don't have to, but it's morally more appropriate. We are in this together, so we need to care enough.

• You try to clean it up as best as you can. You have to work at a place like that to understand the pain people feel when people leave the mess for workers. One of the ultimate dick moves that one can do.

Most Helpful Girls

• I always clean up.
    And you know this one time, my girl cousin who was 3 at the time, had spilled my entire cup of coffee on the floor. I tried to clean it up with the help of tissues, but then was of no use. So, I told the person who worked there everything. It's at least decent you know. Bring it to their notice.

• Yes, it is always important to let an employee know about a mess like that. Unfortunately there are people who make messes like that and don't tell anyone.

• Yep that's unfortunate.

• Of course I clean after myself. I take my trash to the bin when I'm done eating and make sure my table is otherwise clean before leaving. Making it a lot easier to the employees, so that they only have to wipe the table clean, because they have to do a 101 other things as well.