How good are you at cooking?

• I'm a great cook.
    Vote A
  • I'm a fairly good cook.
    Vote B
  • I'd say regular, my meals are edible.
    Vote C
  • I'm not that good, but I can make some things.
    Vote D
  • I suck at cooking, everything I make ends up raw or burnt.
    Vote E
  • I've never cooked before, so I don't know.
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm a fairly good cook. I can make some meals that wow people and keep them coming back for more. I also feel that I up to the challenge of pretty much any recipe, but I still think a few things in my repertoire could use a little further refining. I am single (sadly), but I love cooking in the kitchen with, as well as cooking for someone I love. 😊

1|0
    0|0
    • *feel that I am up to the challenge

• Update: I just made my chili recipe and it's simmering on the stove as I type this. 😉 Twenty-six ingredients later! 😁 Never had anyone who didn't like it. Wish I could share it with others here. 🙂

• I'm decent. I like to have a basic recipe, and then make little changes. I am pretty bad at free style though.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I can't cook. I only made Ramen noodles and I fried an egg only once and I burned it. So you can totally see that my cooking skill is zero.

Don't get me wrong, I do think every grown-up person should be able to cook basic stuff to be able to feed themselves and maybe when they are more established and have a family then one should be able to make things for guests too. No one has to be a stunning cook but you know what I mean.

So why can I not cook? If you had my mother then you would never be able to cook either. Even though families teach their daughters to be good cook and all, my mom is totally different. According to her, I'm a student who has to go to school in the day and later do extra classes till evening so cooking isn't something that I should be cooking. Every time I attempted to cook something by myself, mom found it out, kicked me out of the kitchen and finished cooking by herself. L

My sister got married at 22 and mom did not let her cook for a single day at home before she started living with my brother in law (where she obviously had to start cooking). Even when mom was sick/hospitalized my dad, aunts or maid cooked for us.

So yeah my mom did not let my sister do anything in the kitchen for 22 years and nor did she let me in 17 years of my life. She is very stubborn about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes i am , i took classes in school and cooked dinner for my family, and my grandma when i lived wirh her

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 55

• I can be better.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a Chef. Started 22 years ago as a line cook. There are things you master and things you suck at. A good cook handles all situations, a great cook knows who to have handle situations for them, a Chef makes sure the right Sous is there to delegate situation handling.

1|2
    0|0
  • I am a chef ;) I can make all kinda foods, i know all kinda allergies and i just got started with the wine tasting, so far RIPASSO wines are best so far. I plant my own spice like basil, rosemary, thyme, chili, mint and marjoram. I cook very very well

1|0
    0|0
  • I can cook some very, very, very basic meals. Unpack them, either boil them, or heat them up into a micro-wave & there you go. I'm no 5 star chef by any means. lol I can just cook something simple just to get me by. I'm sure there's no harm in learning something new & advanced in order to make some nice, in-depth type of meals.

1|0
    0|0
  • Is it true that modern girls refuse to ever cook for their man on the basis and principles of feminism?

1|0
    0|0
    • Only crazy women in my opinion. I think cooking a nice meal for someone special is a great way of showing affection.

• Show All
    • @Sixgun77 who was like what?

• One girl I dated over 20 years ago said she didn't learn to cook because she shouldn't have to cook for a man. We didn't last long.

• Never cook food for your friends. In case you are good at it, they ll force you to cook every single time.

1|1
    0|0
    • Well, they can do the dishes later. I used to cook for my college friends and they cleaned after.

• I'm no Master Chef, but I can cook decent meals with the available ingredients.
    Specially good with rice dishes.

2|1
    0|0
  • i have burned a lot of eggs whole boiling them, so im not that good

2|0
    0|0
  • Spent most of my working career in kitchens. Odd thing is, I hated it at first. But then I started learning. Now there's no other job I want. I can cook anything, and find I'm always learning from other people. It's fun!

1|0
    0|0
  • i'm fucking shite, if i can't find the recipe you might just be better off smoking 20 fags and drinking a bunch because my food is going to kill you without instructions.

1|0
    0|0
  • Im a great cook, too the point where my friends have repeatedly suggested I give up being a machinist and open a restaurant.
    This afternoon im going to make a pot of crab and shrimp gumbo for my girlfriend and I once she gets back from D. C.

1|0
    0|0
  • I cook rarely, but when I do it is amazing. I just need to be away from laptop while cooking, otherwise everything becomes uneatable and black. :D

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been told that I can cook something from barely anything available and make it taste amazing... according to what most of my ex's have said

1|0
    0|0
  • I know how to make over 10 dishes. So, I'm decent. Girls love that I know how to make traditional dishes like Italian, Irish, Spanish, and Indian.

1|0
    0|0
  • I can follow a recipe. I can almost always improve on an otherwise ordinary recipe. I make a few simple things exceptionally well.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am fairly good at it
    I can cook different dishes, Arabic Italian, good with Salads
    And my sandwiches innovations are amazing..

1|0
    0|0
  • I can cook greatly at times. Mostly, I cook fairly good.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm okay at cooking, there a few dishes I've mastered, but cooking meat always scares me. I'm just worried I'll undercook it and make everyone sick.

1|0
    0|0
  • I can boil water very nicely even if you put any egg in this water you can also get a boiled egg. amazing!!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Our Indian food is very very healthy.

I can make

1) Khichadi - rice +daal cooked-
    I can make simple Khichadi

It's my favourite!

I usually fry some chillies along with tomatoes to eat with Khichadi
    Mango or lemon pickel also taste good with it

2) chapattis - they're edible, circular. But my chapatis are not as soft as my sister, mother or father make

3) Daal - I can make both types of daal

4) Brinjal potato sabji

5) Tomato chutney - both raw as well as cooked

6) Potato chutney

I can make simple rice and we have something called " satadlela bhaat" which can be made from cooked rice. We use left over chapatis and rice to make it

7) I can make Poha

8) I can make "shewadya"... It's like noodles. Traditional noodles 😂
    I love it

We can also prepare it with milk.

9) I can make bhindi or lady's finger

I can't make anything apart from this!

I'll learn cooking in summer vacations after my exam.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was born and grew up in a restaurant (my parents'), currently working as a Sous chef with my uncle in his restaurant. I can make most of the cooking for big events that go anywhere from 5 to 500 people as part of the catering we offer, though a few times have cooked for 3000

I love baking and we have a fairly new wooden oven that I designed that's efficient and easy to keep going

We mostly cook Italian, Chinese, South Indian, Mexican, and continental. But what I love the most nowadays is baking

1|0
    0|0
  • I stress cook which is a lot. Also I like to pamper my friends with my cooking which makes all of us happy

1|0
    0|0
  • A child of 4yrs old liked my meal, so you can judge from that xD

1|1
    0|0
  • On a scale of 0-10 ... I'm probably 3
    I can cook just enough to feed myself. And a few deserts

1|0
    0|0
  • I think i'm decent cook, only thing that is problem for me is my lazyness :D

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not that great, but I can make some good things.

1|0
    0|0
  • I can make food for myself thats decent, but that is mostly because i dont mind eating food that is quite bad made :p

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm pretty good at cooking. I haven't had many complaints.

1|0
    0|0
  • Learned the most from my mother and step father and other people, but I think I'm a fairly awesome cook

1|0
    0|0
  • I voted fairly good but in reality I'm amazing at barbecuing and ok for the rest.

1|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 45

• I’m decent at it. I mostly eat vegetables though, so it’s kind of hard to undercook most of my food. Most of the work is just measuring out the ingredients.

I’m better at baking than I am at cooking though. I have a major sweet tooth, but I’m also kind of nutty about healthy food. So I substitute things to make it healthier, but in such a way that it still tastes good. :) My mum taught me how to do that.

1|1
    0|0
  • I enjoy cooking, but don't always have the time to cook a superb meal from scratch. I'm however good at making fresh pasta and a bomb pesto sauce that I pair with a stuffed sundried tomato chicken breast. As well as a killer mushroom risotto. My love of cooking began when I dated an ex who was in the culinary field. I still have a few good friends who are in the field and share some recipes and cooking tips.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m good at cooking the basics (eggs, pasta, waffles, pancakes, etc) but I can’t do, like, gourmet meals.

Now baking on the other hand, I take a lot of pride in the few desserts I can make.

1|1
    0|0
  • I would love to have the opportunity to learn to cook properly, but sadly my daily schedule is so busy right now I can't deal with cooking classes. I do simple things though, and when I improvise with ingredients isn't a complete disaster.

1|0
    0|0
  • I try not to burn down the kitchen.
    answer your question? :P

i let the expert do their job. and i do what i am good at...

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been cooking for my whole life. Ever since I was 3, I always was more interested in following my grandmother around in the kitchen than anything else.
    Also, I've recently become an assistant chef.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m pretty good😊I love cooking, so I would like to learn new things in the kitchen though like making pasta from scratch or work on my baking skills a bit more

1|1
    0|0
  • I’ve become pretty decent, don’t even need recipes to make something nice, even if it’s something I’ve never made before — I just improvised

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m pretty good at it. I like baking a lot more though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cali-Mex girl here and my future hubby loves my breakfast, lunch, dinner xD he's from Kansas and i love his bbq

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a fairly good cook.
    But I need some instructions

1|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend is an awsome cooker and he is teaching me

1|0
    0|0
  • Gordon Ramsey can suck my toes, but luckily for him I’m not into that 😜

1|0
    0|0
  • i am not bad at cooking... its just that you shoudnt eat what i cook :D

1|0
    0|0
  • Some things I can make really really good, but I can't make much of things... I want to learn to cook more though!

0|1
    0|0
  • I think I’m pretty good. I’ve gotten lots of good compliments. Or the stereotype “wifey” material.

1|0
    0|0
  • Im a decent cook but i dont cook often so im not great

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a fantastic cook. It's one of the very few things I actually get to brag about 😄

1|0
    0|0
  • I think I'm pretty decent but I like interesting foods and funkying up traditional dishes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do fairly good. My friends would disagree with that though. They say I am a great cook.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am a good cook and baker. I am always improving my cooking skills as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not that good. I'll be practicing more since i have time now.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ehmm... I can excellently boil water for tea

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I can cook.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m a chef so I guess I’m alright lol!

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm alright, I'm learning. I love cooking though

1|1
    0|0
  • I guess I'm okay. Depends on what I'm cooking.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m a pretty solid chef and baker

1|0
    0|0
  • A better baker but I can cook simple things

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a talented cook.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls