How good are you at cooking?

• I'm a great cook.
  • I'm a fairly good cook.
  • I'd say regular, my meals are edible.
    Vote C
  • I'm not that good, but I can make some things.
    Vote D
  • I suck at cooking, everything I make ends up raw or burnt.
    Vote E
  • I've never cooked before, so I don't know.
    Vote F

4757

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm a fairly good cook. I can make some meals that wow people and keep them coming back for more. I also feel that I up to the challenge of pretty much any recipe, but I still think a few things in my repertoire could use a little further refining. I am single (sadly), but I love cooking in the kitchen with, as well as cooking for someone I love. 😊

• *feel that I am up to the challenge

• Update: I just made my chili recipe and it's simmering on the stove as I type this. 😉 Twenty-six ingredients later! 😁 Never had anyone who didn't like it. Wish I could share it with others here. 🙂

• I'm decent. I like to have a basic recipe, and then make little changes. I am pretty bad at free style though.

Most Helpful Girls

• I can't cook. I only made Ramen noodles and I fried an egg only once and I burned it. So you can totally see that my cooking skill is zero.

Don't get me wrong, I do think every grown-up person should be able to cook basic stuff to be able to feed themselves and maybe when they are more established and have a family then one should be able to make things for guests too. No one has to be a stunning cook but you know what I mean.

So why can I not cook? If you had my mother then you would never be able to cook either. Even though families teach their daughters to be good cook and all, my mom is totally different. According to her, I'm a student who has to go to school in the day and later do extra classes till evening so cooking isn't something that I should be cooking. Every time I attempted to cook something by myself, mom found it out, kicked me out of the kitchen and finished cooking by herself. L

My sister got married at 22 and mom did not let her cook for a single day at home before she started living with my brother in law (where she obviously had to start cooking). Even when mom was sick/hospitalized my dad, aunts or maid cooked for us.

So yeah my mom did not let my sister do anything in the kitchen for 22 years and nor did she let me in 17 years of my life. She is very stubborn about it.

• Yes i am , i took classes in school and cooked dinner for my family, and my grandma when i lived wirh her