Why do white people like Asian food so much?

1015

Most Helpful Girls

• There's a difference between authentic cuisine and Americanized. So, the food was changed to our tastes :) also, it's cheap (Chinese take out) and quite accessible to many. Note I said Chinese take out and not something like Korean food which is not as popular.

• But white people even go to Asia and praise the food, while I did not find real Asian food delicious at all

• ok, what is Asian to you? Chinese-if so, what type of Chinese cuisine-Hunan, Sichuan, Cantonese? Korean? Japanese? Thai? etc, you can love Japanese food but dislike Thai food and so on :)
      Also, if someone goes to another country-they're typically at a pretty popular or gourmet restaurant-so the chances of the food being gross are lessened.

• They don't, when they say they like Asian food they generally on mean sushi and nems so we can hardly say they like it so much. Too the taste of Asian food in European countries isn't the same as in Asian they change it for our taste.

In my country people say they like Asian food but they only ever eat sushi and nems so.

Personally I like some Asian food but I like French and Italian food much better.
    In Asian food I mostly like sushi, sashimi, all fry stuff, caramel porks and salmon skewer.
    I hate nems and everything with vegetable.

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't know. I live in a small Deep South City. I think it's a generational thing. Up until 30 years ago, you couldn't find anything but good Deep South food, or, we had several upscale restaurants that served traditional American Steaks, Chops and Lobster Tails along with a Baked Potato or French Fries and a salad, often made at your table, and most of them wouldn't let you in without a jacket and tie, and if you didn't have one, they had a rack of real ugly ones that they'd loan you. Then we got overrun with Chinese restaurants. Next was Mexican crap. Now it's Thai food, which I'm allergic to. Now the big thing is Sushi, in other words, bait, and the under 45 crowd goes wild over it, and all the really good restaurants are closing, because older people are dying off and don't like noisy places. They do like Italian food and seafood, which is why they don't go to The Olive Garden or The Red Lobster. And they like to dress properly. It turns their stomachs to sit next to a 4o year old man in a T-shirt, with khaki shorts, fat hairy legs, and sandals. So, we stay home, pay $40.00 a pound for some prime steak from the Fresh Market, and eat it at home, properly dressed, with big band music playing softly on the recording device. And did you know that in Mexico, outside the tourist traps, the upscale restaurants serve steaks, chops, and baked potatoes? And Chow Mien is an American invention.