Don't Waste Your Teenage Years

1. Don't Be That One Overly Edgy Kid

Don't Waste Your Teenage Years

Enjoy your life. You don't have to look tough or edgy by always wearing black or listening to music you don't even like that much.

2. Don't feel like you always have to be in a relationship

Don't Waste Your Teenage Years

If you end up dating someone, it should be because you really like them, not because all your friends are doing it.

3. Don't be so hard on yourself

Don't Waste Your Teenage Years

Sort of goes hand in hand with the first one, but teenagers tend to sometimes hate themselves.

1120

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm still edgy idgaf. I still wear my trench coat and walk into banks wearing a facemask (during wintertime anyway). Once I get in the bank I lower the bottom portion under my chin so they can identify but I feel like I keep them on their toes a little bit. They probably just sittin in there all board af then I come in there walking like how a fuckin man aughta walk boots soundin heavy across the floor. hell yeah.

I cannot even remember the last time I did not wear all black. Edgy till the day I die 🖕🖕

• I dont feel like i need to be in a relationship but I feel I need someone close to me and like... 1 of the 2 girls I have genuinely liked has rejected me and the 2nd I haven't asked yet.(I didn't like them at the same time)

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that's too late... I mean not being edgy or cool but I was depressed a lot I dropped out of 9th grade when I was around 13- 14 after almost a month. I got my GED last year just after taking it no school for a little more than two years. I wish I could of sucked it up but I think I wouldn't be here if I stayed at school.

But reading all day is fun and watching anime is cool so I'm living okay... and I'll do better when I'm older (:

Join the discussion

1018
  • I love how u fit everything in short and quick sentences...

Tbh the truth Is I don’t even know why I’m dating any more... and I’m so fucking confused... like why... what am I gaining from this... and yet I always find myself back in relationships

We hate ourselves because we don’t understand anything and don’t know shit in this world where everyone pretends know shit... it feels really lonely

• I feel like I've spent my teen years pretty well. It is essential to not force yourself to date someone you don't really want. I have friends who seem to want to be in a relationship just so they can say they have a boyfriend or girlfriend, which just seems like a waste of time.

• I agree for the majority of the take but for the " always wearing black" is mostly a preference for fashion/clothing and it should be the person's choice on what to wear? Plus not all goths/emo fashion people are overly edgy...

• Biatch i am the most edgy person ever but i love it, it is who i am.
    And no i don't have to be edgy or hate life but i do cause life sucks and i like to be edgy.

And waste my teen years i might as well, life is pointless since we all die and nothing matters esspacilly if there is no afterlife which i believe there ain't.

• personally i would encourage teenager to have an original style cause after high school it's really hard to wear very original / dark clothes (when you have to go to work you can only wear those clothes the week end which isn't much).

• Some blunt advice I found about high school:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mO6i114f6I

• I have wasted my teenage years cause I have to stack up with loss of my father's shop, I nearly gave what I had to just survive.
    And now we are back on our feet but time have gone

• I would not go anywhere near that boy or girl or transgender person in the first picture.

• Not bad. Just scratches the surface, but valid nonetheless.

For women, don't squander your youth and beauty. ;)

• What if they don't have beauty?

• Sadly, rather normal isn't enough nowadays
      Everyone has very high standards

• @gothgirl997 - Could be. People do have unrealistic expectations - I blame it on their parents and teachers. We've created a whole crop of fragile citizens not well connected to reality.

• I definitely hated my teen years. My whole life, I feel like I've been getting held back in love by stupid stuff that isn't my fault. I've finally gotten to the point of liking who I am, but now I don't have any money.

• 4. Be whoever you want to be and don't let other people dictate how you should live your teenage years. Good luck.

• This only works in a perfect world... I also think teens deal with a lot more than they should have too...(im a social worker)
    Not every teen comes from a healthy home.
    Some teens can't afford to just enjoy.
    It is heartbreaking really.

My teen years were actually great. I wore a lot of black and but still was name best dress. It not what you wear but my confidence is always bright. (my mother and father taught me that) I still wear a lot of black and with plenty of attention, I always look perfectly put together.

• I listened to the first two but still refuse to learn the last one.

• It's the same situation of my life...😂
    I m not ugly but I fight ugly😎
    I m single too...😅
    N
    I m enjoying my life..😃

• you are a women I will not listen to anything you say lol

• 4. People don't think about every little thing you do like you think they do.

• im a bit on the 'edgy' side and its because I like it not because I feel like I have to, i love alternative fashion and punk rock music

• My teenage years were wasted since I was stuck with long term depression.

• I am 17 and I badly need to be in relationships 😭 2. I alway feel like all my friends have their soulmate when I will my soulmate 😔

• Short and sweet! Those are some good words.

• Ha. Too late.

• Good take

• 4. Overdose on triple c’s 😭

• First of all bitch barbie goth is life okay

• Nice take.

• Well I'm 17 so

• Rape the churches burn the Wamons!

• Don’t feel like you have to be wild, do drugs, and have sex to fit in

If u try that shit in my house, you’re getting whooped