What is wrong with older men?

lanadelrey25

Hello dear friends! I'm making this my take because I'm SICK AND TIRED of people saying I have "daddy issues" or am trolling because I like older guys. I'm legit confused on why a middle aged man can't be more attractive to me than a younger guy, so what,we have our different tastes! Some people like fat women, some like skinny. Some people like 20 year olds, some like 50 year olds. It isn't that big of a deal. To clarify, I've never been in a relationship, and I only have to go off of what I know. I have met a lot of guys (potential partners), from ages 18 to 60, and I know which personality has me ripping my hair out and which personality has me twirling around my room singing love songs, and NEWS FLASH it isn't the 18, 20, or even 25 year olds!! In my experiences, they dumb as fuck, and that's just my opinion. From the young age of 8, my first crush was a 40 something year old man. I've always gravitated towards their face, and their personality.

I'm not saying all older men are glorious wise geniuses! Hell no. But more often than not, I find a more intellectual and memorable conversation starting when I talk with one. We have a lot in common, I'm an old soul. I love retro shit and they do too! (the one's I've met) So please, quit criticizing and being SO shocked that a younger woman likes older men, please. And give me a break to all the younger guys, like you don't have girls craving you? QUIT HOGGING, let some young girls crave older guys!

Classically handsome George Clooney
Classically handsome George Clooney
Mads Mikkelsen
Mads Mikkelsen
Ken Watanabe
Ken Watanabe

See how handsome they are? They can be attractive to. Even more attractive than under developed looking 23 year olds! (In my opinion) With love, lanadelrey25 <3

What is wrong with older men?
24
5

Most Helpful Guys

• GoodGuyBreakingBad
    Thank you for sharing your MyTake with us, well appreciated I think you should be happy to date or have a relationship with whomever you wish, I admit i like Younger Women and it's Not all about Sex, It's about real Love, Cuddling, Kissing, Hugs. What gets me there are Women whose age 50's will call Older Men pedophiles to cause we like Women in their 20's, yes trust me them kind of Women are out there. But I can honestly say I am far from being a pedophile and when I was in my 30's I went on this one website and most of the girls who followed me were younger and no it wasn't about sex they needed someone to talk to so they came to me cause their parents were pushing them away and people can judge me and hate me but seriously I wouldn't hurt a flea I am harmless trying to get closer to Jesus but far from a Saint but you Love who you want and don't let people change you or bring you down. Best Wishes :) :)
    Is this still revelant?
  • COMMODOREII
    Hey I think you are right. You can see the baby blues and lovely hair. And who can not love that beautiful smile. Yeah I think where you are going with this. 😄😛😎
    What a hunk 😍
    What a hunk 😍
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girls

• DizzyDesii
    If its targeted at me, i was just saying that your old man questions got me to dreaming about hot old men last night 🤷‍♀️ I personally prefer 23-28 year olds. But GAG is not the place where you want to let these dudes know you like old men. I mean you can, but dont be surprised when 30+ year olds start stalking you and inboxing you. It gets out of hand. So good luck to ya on that. And im not surprised if a lot mentioned daddy issues. It just kinda comes across that way when its a major age gap. Plus you said you liked old men since 8 years old. Thats not normal. But then again, what is normal these days 🤷‍♀️
    Is this still revelant?
    • It's not targeted towards you, you're not the kind of person who is rude about it, or else would've invited you to it lol

• bannacookies
    Absolutely nothing.
    I like older men. As long as both are responsible adults, age shouldn't matter.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

322
  • 007kingifrit
    men get mad at you for it because if they are your age they hate that you don't want them

older women don't like it because your stealing their last chance at a good man

younger women don't like it because they probably wanted to date him
    • A whole lotta facts and a whole lotta not my problem

• TonyT1986
    Well said and articulate. As a strong woman you have every right to like who you want to like and as an individual you don’t have to be silenced by jealous and hateful people. I admire your strength in stating clearly your opinion as opposed to so many who hide behind the anonymous blanket on here. Keep having strong convictions and keep trusting in yourself. I support this take.
  • JPrez
    Don’t see an issue. We all have our types. I think you probably see the certain things about them that make them attractive. I can say personally that we have our shit together now compared to when we were younger.
  • DudeDiligence
    There is nothing wrong with you liking and preferring older men, just as there's nothing wrong with guys liking and preferring younger women. It's a natural extension of the qualities that each sex values most in the other. It has been part of human nature since the beginning of time and is a condition that has served the human species very well.
  • kespethdude
    You can date whoever you want to (as long as they are legal age, of course). What two CONSENTING ADULTS do behind closed doors is NO ONE'S business but their own. Not the neighbors, not the teachers, and especially not the government.
  • NYCQuestions1976
    Well done! Good for you! Nice Take! Sadly for me, other than my age, I don't fit in with those dudes. Oh well whatever. At least my Beard is fantastic...
  • andy530
    Nothing is wrong with older men or age differences in relationships. They are just outside the “usual” and this violate our expectancy. Look up expectancy violation theory and thing of age differences in relationships in regards to this and I think that explains a lot why people wrongly pathologize (daddy issues) people who enjoy and seek these types of relationships
  • _SOARER
    Arthritis, ED, High-blood pressure, accumulation of injury, dementia, those are just a few haha :p

I agree, though, some old guys attract women. My dad was 25 years older than my mom, and they ended up making me haha.
  • flashgrandad
    Absolutely nothing Lana.
    I explained on someone's post earlier, she had problems with older guys asking her out.
    I have been in several relationships with young ladies and they appear to enjoy the attention, experience of the older man.
    As I explained to her I read comments on other websites that a lot of girls prefer older guys rather than the young wham bam approach.
  • LThunder
    As a man my age, I tend to date younger women, but I look younger for my age and I think that's why they are attracted to me. Some of them don't mind when they find out my age but some of them either have a problem with it or just see me as some temporary fling, which is fine, I expect all of the above from younger women.

I personally do like the dynamic between and older man and younger woman. Even when I was young I remember thinking when I'm older I want to be with a younger woman. I think it's sweet.
  • JackSmy
    I'm not judging you, and what you like, who you like to play with and/or LOVE, is YOUR choice, and being legal age, you can do just about anything that you like and find a partner to share that joy with!!
    I think you are smart enough to know, but some people, here, like to just MESS with others, for their own twisted JOY!! Sometimes it is hard to tell who you can trust, but don't get upset!!
    People you can trust will say good things about you, but also call you out, when you are being/saying something bad!! People you can trust are the ones you want to chat with, privately, and get to know, as friends, from what they said.
  • ThomasTKay
    I'm often made fun of or looked down upon as boring because I like to have intelligent conversations and don't really care for pop culture or fashion, etc. I've been told and I agree that I was born 100+ years too late. I was told on here today that I'm too vanilla for the people who hang out on this website because I said I disagree with chocking a woman during sex and that I prefer a woman to look/act sexually mature. Just like you like handsome men due to their maturity, I too like mature acting women. Their age doesn't matter as long as they are 18+ and I'm fine all the way to her 40's too. It's not the age so much as it is the person. I love down to earth, real, simple, intelligent, mature, women. I could talk to a girl like that all day and not grow tired of it.
  • Liam_Hayden
    Just ignore them. I like women 5 to 15 (or more) years older. We like what we like and it is not their concern.
    • Gerdchen

Haha, I was really shocked until I arrived at the "older".

• ForWhomTheBellTolls
    So you don't find it disturbing to be sleeping with someone the same age as your uncle, your father, or your grandfather? Then again for me, the oldest woman I'd date I actually have a math equation (I subtract my age by 7 then multiply it by 2.)
    • No, I don't find it "disturbing", there are other actual disturbing things in the world to worry about than a person older than me that I love.

• If they are an adult when you were born or within reasonable range of an adult. It'd practically be pedophilia in my book. But that's only my opinion.

• Well, ok bub. It's not really a problem if they're both consenting adults.

• zagor
    You do you and fuck what other people say about it. All varieties of cancel-cultures types out there who need to just STFU and go away.
  • Gwenhwyfar
    I totally agree with you. No one has the right to judge you for who you’re attracted to.
  • bklynbadboy1
    There is nothing wrong with you. Everybody has a preference and there is nothing wrong with that
  • laura_meliaxx
    Im ur age and I like older guys 26+, the limit for me would be 30/32! They’re just a lot more mature to me and they look more manly which is what I’m looking for
  • I had a big crush on my teacher who was probably 20 years older than me. I still think about her.
  • Smirnoff23
    Brilliant my take
  • venomhbk1313
    Older men are usually players
    • JackSmy

@venomhbk1313 Often, yes, but not always!! Don't just set a precedent that all older men are 'players' or 'predators' which is the next thing that someone will say. Some are fathers, or mentors and HONESTLY care, and try to help, and NEVER even consider something sexual!! SO fcked up!!

• @JackSmy he did say "usually" to be fair

• Well I never said any of them were predators I said players and as far as predators go along with pedophiles they all need the death penalty

• Nikki1989
    Nothing at all. I prefer older men.
  • Benjamin_HM
    Every girl say I am handsome
  • manthan_7
    Nothing is wrong to have different taste🔥😉
  • mrgspoter
    Lol 👀