Guys, is it a major turn off if a girl isn’t into sports?

Like doesn't have a team on big, international sports games (eg basketball, soccer, etc.). And isn’t an athletic and sports girl itself.
Updates:
It’s just that when I’m talking to a guy, the topic sometimes lead to sports. Then he asks me something about it, and there i am, having no idea what he’s talking about.

I see my brother and other guy friends watch it but I’m just not interested. 🙃 so yeah i sound so dull and i feel like i have no life when i answer “none I’m not really into it” because its sports, i look at people and everybody loves it. But i say it anyway ha

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Of course because then what do we have in common besides going out to a movies and the mall and dinner? I'm an athletic type of a guy I like to play sports, I like to watch sports all the time and what are you going to do when I go to my brother's house to watch the football game stop me? That's not going to happen so that's a problem. I want to go to sports bars and to my brother's house to watch football and the fights so yes that's a turn off to me honestly

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Lol. I got nothing against it lmao I’d let my man watch as much as he wants, i ain't stopping him just because I’m not watching it. It’s 2018.

• Show All
    • I like to wrestle my woman and not just a little snuggle time I like to really wrestle that means get after it. I don't want some cold fish saying to me ouch get off of me.

• Yay I win most helpful award, thanks gag selection committee

• Just depends on the guy, not every guy is into sports. I hate regular sports to be honest. The only sports I watch is E-sports lol.

What really matters is if your values and passions overlap. If he cares a lot about sports and you don't, you probably aren't going to be compatible.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Who cares? why are you concerned with changing who you are for someone else? work on your self esteem

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol i ain't changing for nobody. Thats just a plain question. Thanks for the advice tho lol

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 49

• No, because neither am I. I don't think guys would care (or expect women to?). I think they are talking about sports because they don't know what else to say or talk about with you (ie their comfort zone).

1|0
    0|0
  • No, it's not a major turn off... If she has other things to offer and she's understanding of my sports obsession.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not dull you might be into music or art and most guys aren't dont think its a turn off just a slight difference of taste. Personally a girl doesn't have to be interested in sports nor should she be super athletic as long as she's healthy (not overweight)

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't give one shit about sports on tv, and I think all these girls who say they watch football on Sundays and are huhe local sports fans are liars. I look down on people very into watching sports.

1|0
    1|0
  • My girlfriend isn’t into sports either but it’s no big deal there are a lot of other things to talk about and do. Just find things you both like doing and make a date out of it

1|0
    0|0
  • I have absolutely no interest in that stuff whatsoever. I have no team I support or care about other than just Australia in general, but I don't follow any teams. Couldn't. Care. Less.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. But most men like sports. Same with games. Most men like playing games and sometimes talk about it. But when a girl doesn't know anything about games it isn't a turn off. If she is interested it can be a major turn on.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, it's more of a turnoff to me if she is too into sports. That being said, I like it if she does some form of exercise (and enjoys it).

1|0
    0|0
  • For me it isn't because the only sports I keep up on are wrestling (not WWE) and mma. In a relationship you're not gonna like everything the other person likes. So don't feel obligated to change for him if he can't get past it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate watching sports with a passion. haha I love playing it, but hate watching.
    I'd be more interested in a girl that finds better things to do than watch someone kicking or throwing a ball around.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I don't really care for sports currently, but when I did it didn't matter if they didn't. So turn off, no, not a deal breaker. Turn on? Yeah shared interests can be.

1|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't bother me a bit I could care less I'm not going to talk about sports talk about Farm stuff horse chicken dog and all that you can be taught is no big deal and if I like sports and I wanted you around me I would teach you about sports

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as the girl keeps fit and looks after herself both physically and phycolgecly then I don't care if she does sports or not

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't care about sports, it wouldn't matter to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all, different guys like different things, not all of us like sports.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I actually prefer it I love mansplaing it to women

1|0
    0|0
  • no. If they like it thats a bonus, but it doesn't matter

1|0
    0|0
  • No. It is a huge bonus if you hate sports as much as I do.

1|0
    0|0
  • Aslong as I am allowed to do some MTA I am totaly fine with it

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope because I'm not a big sports fan. I do MMA and follow UFC and that's it

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 1

• It's not been a problem for me.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes