What is with women who obsess with assholes and/or homosexual men?

Tell me what's going on?

This is so strange to me. And my social circle are all confused as I am. I am not typically a gossip but this peaks my curiosity.

I have a friend at school who would give all her time to this guy who was fat and bald and rude and terrible in his field.
He would call her 'dumb dumb' and 'idiot' and bag people all the time. Very unpleasant. And his criticisms made no sense cause he was worse than the others.

>>>
Now she hangs out with a nice and kind gentle guy. But he's gay. He reaches for men when they are out to mock her. Calls himself a 'little bitch' to flirt with guys. Talks about sucking people off way too much. She just latches on to him and follows him all around and calls him her boyfriend (he doesn't return this label) But he isn't bothered by her. He continues to openly give it up for men every week.

What is going on in her brain? Why is she making so many sacrifices for people who disregard her?

I hate it when people don't take me seriously. I was bullied in high school and it is a huge fear of mine.

21