Why don't girls wear skirts anymore?

Women rarely wear skirts nowadays, why do girls prefer Jeans and casual looks?
I prefer skirts, they're more modest, classy and feminine than Jeans. I'm not against women wearing Jeans but skirts are way better. Jeans on women was considered crossdressing back then lol Why don't girls wear skirts anymore?Why don't girls wear skirts anymore?
Updates:
As for the girls, they are immodest, unladylike in speech, behaviour and dress~ Peter the hermit (the priest who lead the people's crusade)

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• I married a girl that wears only dresses and skirts. I love her for it. We get stopped in the street all the time with comments about how classy we both look. Sometimes we get "are you going to a wedding?" where we reply "no, this is how we dress". She goes out in her 1950s dresses and I pair her with my fedora, 1930s jacket, and trousers.

LOTS of girls stare at her in envy... wishing they could have the "confidence" to wear what she wears. And girls stare at me wishing their man looked as good as I do.

0|4
    1|0
  • Ah, my question has resurged!

Skirts do look better on women because it has got a precise feminine quality too it. It moves better when they walk, and the general shape is cute...

0|3
    3|1
    • I agree, that's why I wanted to ask this question.
      I think it's just women trying to look like men to be "independent"

• Show All
    • Yes... Stupid society

Most Helpful Girls

• Because a lot of woman have taken being a woman out of context and they have this mindset that they can do it better than men and that kinda junk and so they lost respect for what it is like to be a woman so they don’t and if they are wearing skirts they look like little sluts cause it’s so tight and short you can see everything

1|9
    7|0
    • I don’t becuase my thighs rubs and it hurts jenas make me look slimmer so that’s why I wear them nothing to do with thinking I better or worse. But the excuse People look up them is like I said just a excuse Because if they were long and was modest a man wouldn’t be able to look up Their skirts. But I don’t wear them becuase when I was in church that’s the only time I wore them and if I wear skirts now I’m giving the people I know the wrong thought if I’m wearing a skirt they will think I am back in church and I am no Hypocrite So I wear pants to make sure they know I’m not trying to act like I’m in church and then not be.

• Show All
    • I’m sure a little slut will get looks for your man. Stop trying to down other women. Ignorant girl

• @Attractivegirl899 Exactly! Well said :D!

• Yes I wear skirts all the time

0|7
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Inconvenient. No pockets. Blows up and can show underwear. Not warm. Hard to run or sit in. Plus they can be uncomfortable and slide up plus a lot of them are really short

7|2
    0|1
    • Women should wear bags, It can show it sometimes, you can wear them in summer, why would you need to run? You don't need to buy the short one

• Many different reasons why from what I know of. However, there are plenty of girls who wear them. But as I can only speak for myself, I also know why a good amount refuses too:

1. The feminist movement is one of them because most girls these days want to appear dominant and desire respect from men. <-- Other girls/Women
    2. Pants are easy and adaptable. <--- Me
    3. It Attracts the wrong kind of attention sexually from men. Men staring/lusting. <---Me [sometimes], other women
    4. Often times to be used during special occasions.
    5. When in the mood.
    6. When the weather is too hot and you don't have anything else light to wear.
    7. Too many people sexualizing them when its bad enough most skirts are short. Trendsetter related. Trying to break social trends. -_-
    8. Competitive world. Many women are discriminated against because they wear a skirt/dress. <--- Other women.

Again, this is for those it applies to. I don't have personal opinions about girls needing to wear them. They have the right to do it or not as long as they have the right intentions and its not inappropriate.

4|0
    0|1
  • I dont know why but women look feminine and stylish when wearing skirts or dresses. I like to wear dresses or skirts to work. In fact The General manager (who is a woman) and me are the only ladies at work who uses dresses or skirts from time to time. The rest of the women at work, not one, uses skirts or dresses, they all wear pants. Even the younger women generation.

0|4
    0|0
  • Secularism has led them away from God's code of dress. They assume that freedom of clothing implies any type of clothing and not different styles of skirts and dresses.

Many women want to lead and pants is what they like wearing because they really want to be men in mind even though they mockingly want to be treated as if they are women.

I often wonder if women who only wear skirts are criticized my other women because they are not woman enough to be a woman.

0|3
    4|2
    • As for the girls, they are immodest, unladylike in speech, behaviour and dress~ Peter the hermit

• Show All
    • Never implied they were inferior. Being followers doesn't mean inferior.

• I like skirts and dresses and I usually wear them when it’s warm, but they’re uncomfortable when it’s cold outside, they ride up, and they turn around. Plus I get more attention from guys when I wear those and I usually don’t feel like dealing with them. Anyway, if guys expect girls to start wearing more skirts and dresses they should wear slacks and button-ups when they don’t have to. It’s only fair!

3|1
    0|0
  • I'm actually wearing a black leather skirt and black tights right now lol I love wearing skirts

1|9
    1|0
  • Because guys are constantly trying to look up them.

5|0
    0|10
    • That's seriously your reason?

• Show All
    • Ma'am isn't offensive... Come on now...

• I’m not some liberal snowflake so stop treating me like one. I voiced my opinion. If you don’t like it that’s not my problem.
      Have fun with your circle jerk.

• Because 1. It’s not the weather for it 2. They are uncomfortable and feels too dressy to wear, men just constantly stare and I don’t want that kind of attention. And 3 causal look is for a reason why do I want to dress up when Im just popping out throwing on a pair of jeans is much easier and goes with a lot more outfits.

1|1
    0|1
  • Lots of women wear skirts, especially in office settings. It just depends on the activity you are doing as to the practicability of wearing one.

0|3
    0|0
  • I live in a cold climate. I love skirts and wear them in the late spring, summer and early fall but in winter, jeans are a lot warmer than a skirt with tights underneath.

1|1
    1|0
    • What about woolen stockings?

• Show All
    • I look formal most of the time aswell... No problem with having a bit of class... 👍🏻

• That's really nice.
      My school has a uniform (involving a suit jacket and a tie) so I always have to look formal anyway

• For the majority of time one will find me either wearing a skirt or a dress.

0|4
    1|0
    • That's great!

• Show All
    • And I don't understand your update.

• I was talking about feminists who claim that wearing Jeans is "empowering" and that thinking women should be feminine is a sexist thing..

That quote is a thousand years ago, said by a catholic medieval priest who lead peasants to fight on the crusades (without swords just peasant tools and hammers) voulantary.
      He was talking about that women will get immodest in the future

• Women can wear whatever they want, and it's not your business.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

2|3
    0|5
  • This really depends on the girl.
    I have a mix of skirts and pants in my wardrobe and can say I have more skirts then pants... but wear pants more often.
    Practicality, weather, and wardrobe all go into it.
    I love to paint and go fishing, I would never wear a skirt for either of these activities. Shaving is a big reason for me I cannot wear a skirt on a day I don't shave my legs and I tend to shower every other day. I don't shave my legs unless I'm showering that day so that automatically reduces the days I'd like to wear a skirt.
    If it's cold I'm not wearing a skirt... there are stockings and leggings but honestly they just don't compare to jeans when it comes to keeping warm. I'm a total wuss when it comes to the cold though so some girls might handle it better.
    Skirts also are a bit more difficult to pair then pants, pants look good with almost any shirt style. A lot of shirt styles do not look good with skirts, like an empire shaped shirt which is shaped somewhat like a cone. Some shirts just don't work with skirts which makes shopping and dressing more of an annoyance then something I enjoy when it comes to looking for shirts.
    Location also matters, I've been to a lot of big cities and have to admit I hate wearing skirts in them. I have been followed by strangers, cat called in provocative ways (whistling or saying damn doesn't bother me so not that kind of catcalling), and even approached by groups of men (which is scary guys, if you want to approach a lady do it on your own) while wearing a skirt. It is safe to say I hate wearing skirts in cities, so if your a man in a big city you can thank rude men for that loss.

Personally I have a lot of questions about men's wear; why don't men wear slacks more? Why don't men wear nice shoes and belts more? Why don't they wear sexy underwear like women? A little mesh would be nice!
    Joking aside I would probably get different answers from different men for each of those questions and it's the same with women.

3|0
    0|0
  • Lame conformist girls wear jeans and leggings or sweatpants. REAL women embrace their femininity by staying traditionally stylish with skirts and flaunting it 😍💃🏻💋

0|5
    3|1
    • Actually, a lot of conformists wear skirts. I'm an expert, I've studied conformists from afar for ages lmao
      xx
      ~ Mrs Manson

• @MrMansonsPocketPssy Barely any girls wear skirts now. Look at all the excuses girls are giving for not wearing skirts in the comments to this question. WEARING skirts is non-conforming due to the amount of girls that go out in jeans and sweatpants now.

• A lot do. But guys keep trying to get upskirt pics, or touch us, so it isn't exactly the best thing for us.

6|2
    0|1
    • @blackdawn
      ye but then girls ware yoga pants which are way more revealing clingy and show camel toe so is that really an argument?

I dont get it women ware sexy clothes to show off their bodies but then complain as they can't control which guy appreciate them. if its not a guy they fancy then they take offence at been looked at if its a guy the fancy then he can look them up and down as much as he wants. go figure

• Yoga pants are irrelevant here. Stay on topic.

Man you're dense. We often wear things that look good to us, and are comfortable for us. We don't usually wear something to make you happy unless that is the sole purpose. Grow the fuck up.

• I wear skirts in spring/summer. I'd guess it's because jeans and leggings are more casual, and some girls find them more comfortable than skirts or just aren't into the frilly style of skirts.

1|1
    0|0
  • Ew no.
    I never wear skirt other than school uniform.
    Skirts are annoying.
    If it's short probably boys will catcall me more often. I also must thinking about sitting position so i don't show my underwear accidentally.
    Too worrisome.
    If it's long it's annoying.
    I often cycling everywhere and cycling with long skirt is annoying.
    It's hot too, i live in tropical country by the way.
    Too troublesome.

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol... seriously, so skirts are too revealing but tight Jeans and short pants aren't.

• at least in my country jeans are considered more modest than short skirts. Even if it's tight fit jeans.

• Yes but where are you from?
      And so short skirts are bad and immodest

• I love wearing skirts and dresses! But I prefer wearing jeans because it’s more practical. With jeans I can avoid so many awkward situations and stay comfortable.

1. The wind blowing my skirt up
    2. Guys sneaking a peek
    3. Cold/rainy weather
    4. Adjust my skirt every five minutes, because it keeps riding up
    5. Constantly checking my posture so I don’t accidentally show my panties. I’m not able to be “active” and do things that require a lot of movement.
    6. Walking upstairs, everyone below me will see everything x. x

1|4
    0|2
    • Oh oh! I forgot an important detail! POCKETS! Skirts usually don’t have pockets, and if they do it doesn’t hold much, weighs the skirt down more, or looks really bulky.

• Personally I I like a woman who wears modest shorts or pants with a modest skirt or dress over top. This way you can have the best of both worlds with out most of the bad things that go with it. Besides maybe just having an extra layer of cloths on that is.

1|0
    0|0
    • Heck even leggings or tights under is fine by me.

As for hairy legs. I don’t mind if it’s been a while since you last shaved.

But if you worry about guys looking up a skirt or dress. Just remember that they will most likely stare are your butt in pants. So either way your most likely gonna be getting looked at in some way. That you may or may not like. Depending on the situation.

Guys are very visual. So we like seeing you in something nice. But we do like you to be comfortable also.

• We wear what's comfortable and appropriate, not what men want us to wear.

4|1
    0|1
  • Sometimes girls don’t have time to shave, so they don’t wear skirts. Other times it’s because of the weather or how comfortable they feel

4|1
    0|0
  • I'm sure that a lot of it is because of creepy guys doing stuff like like taking pics up their skirts while they walk around town.

3|2
    0|1
  • My girlfriend wears skirts as much as she wears pants, she has different colors and patterns of them. She really likes them, I think it's a matter of personal taste.

3|0
    0|0
  • Because we can wear whatever the hell we want. "Thank you, next" 😂

1|0
    1|0
    • Yeah I know, i do know... I didn't say I'd execute women if they don't wear skirts. The question was why don't you "want" to wear skirts

• I only wear skirts on special occasions. Like on big family functions... I have to wear a lavalava / sulu vakatoga (Mela/Polynesian skirt) as a sign of modesty and respect for myself and to the elders. Nowadays I wear jeans because they're way more comfortable... skirts are only for certain days

• Ok that's great!

• The answer is they still do, but like every other person they have their own reasons why they will or will not wear them. Some don’t like skirts, others do, also the weather outside if it’s cold they will only wear pants. I prefer jeans though

0|1
    0|0
  • I wish they would, skirts are super feminie and super sexy. They can be dressed up or casual.

They also complement a lot of different female body types and women of all age brackets.

#makeskirtsgreatagain

0|1
    0|0
  • I always thought skirts on women looked classy as long as it is a good length and is not too short, at least in my opinion.

0|2
    1|1
  • I have never liked skirts, they are just a tube of material and not comfortable, I wear jeans and trackies because I them and they are comfortable.

You do know that skirts were originally made for guys right?

0|0
    1|0
  • Jeans/shorts are more comfortable, I do not have to pay attention, on the wind or how I'm moving because they always stay where they should.

2|1
    0|1
  • Indeed nowadays girls have way more choices than before, and skirt does bring inconvenience. I still know many girls like wearing skirts and dresses including me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because they are way more comfy and pratical while still making us look good?

2|2
    1|1
  • Not practical, i can't move as i likein a skirt. I don't view them as feminine though, men used to wear skirts in the past too

2|1
    0|1
    • Men wear kilts not skirts. And Irish and Scottish men still wear them quite often. I have a kilt collection and wear it with masculine Irish Celtic pride.

• Show All
    • What men wore were not dresses, they are kaftans, which is like a robe orlong jacket (I own some)
      so comparing it to a dress to defend your anti dress attitude is not helpful.

• Dude, robe, kilt, dress they are all similar, they aren't pants, they don't stick to your legs. The style doesn't matter, the concept matters. They all look like dresses/skirts concept wise, so dresses aren't female specific thing. It is like you are talking about a different car model than me, they are still cars, just a different model

• Casual clothing is more comfortable. I move too much for a dress or skirt

4|2
    0|2
  • Too many guys were looking at them and objectifying them. In true feminist fashion they used logic and they all started wearing tight jeans and yoga pants showing copious amounts of ass and cameltoe..
    Check mate Atheists...

0|1
    0|0
  • So called "feminism" is to blame. It's actually cultural Marxism. The attempt to level the playing field by redistributing social power from on group to another. They want everyone the same. They don't care if it means filling children up with dangerous drugs to block puberty or killing new born babies so women don't have to be mothers if they decide at the last minute they don't want to be. Communism is the bloodiest ideology in human history. It's perverse jealousy based obsession with "equality" denies and attempts to defy nature it's self. It operates much like a disease.

0|3
    0|0
  • The girls that wear skirts are bimbos and cringing

I know this from the girls who I dated

1|0
    0|1
  • Define modesty, please.
    Jeans are more comfortable. I'm not sacrificing my comfort to "look" a certain "way".
    You said yourself though, back then.

2|1
    0|0
    • But isn't makeup uncomfortable?

• Show All
    • Cool. I'm still not sacrificing my comfort to look "better" for other people. After all, that's subjective.

• I respect that...

• I wear skirts and dresses. Today at work I'm wearing a long cotton skirt. Pencil skirts are my fav.

0|4
    1|1
  • I agree! I absolutely love the look of a gal in a dress or a skirt.

I don’t know whether to blame the perverts, or to blame the “athliesure” trend

0|2
    1|1
    • Athliesure trend is to blame. Women love trends. Can't think for themselves so they gotta follow everyone else.

• Because they are very nice to see on women. The one in the picture is really nice right length and very pretty. !!!

0|1
    1|0
  • because guys like myself look at their legs and wish we could see up their skirts and you also have the feminazi's who took that away from guys like myself

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are starting to use practical clothes.

I'd rather have a form fitting pair of trousers than to loose piece of fabric that has a large hole on the bottom.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wear skirts on a weekly basis. Probably 2 to 3 times a week for work

1|2
    1|1
  • Jeans are nice. I wear a skirt 5 days a week for school sometimes for special occasions.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love wearing skirt and dresses on dates but for casual work thing i prefer skinny pants cuz they're comfortable

0|2
    0|0
  • 1, rn it's too cold, 2 upskirting, 3 inconvenient for casual day attire especially because they can reveal too much in wind or annoying positions.

0|0
    0|1
  • More Modest than jeans? What is modest? I know some girls that wear them to show off their undies. That’s not modest at all. Lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • For women it's typically more comfortable and practical to wear pants

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe they're afraid of being upskirted, or in this age of equality... I don't really know little dude.

0|0
    0|0
  • girls with skirts going commando and flashing fufu is best :D

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes