Do people hit on cashiers? Is that why they're mostly female?

I've always noticed that they're always female

810

Most Helpful Guy

• We got guy and girl cashiers at my part time job. Honestly, the girls who do get hit on are usually complaining because it is usually a really old guy doing so. My brother has an ex who used to workout a Lowe's contractor checkout and she quit because she got tired of being hit on by nasty old contractors.

• May I ask how old she was when she quit?

I get where she's coming from, I don't know why but older guys purposely do it to young girls, I think they're well aware that people usually feel compassion for old people, so they think they can get away with it

• Low 20s I think

Most Helpful Girl

• I've worked as a cashier. And I used to get hit on a lot. Lots of times the guys mistake my friendliness for flirting. I am in customer service, and as mean as I am, even I have manners. Of course I have to smile and ask how they're doing.
    What annoyed me the most was that I worked for WIC Food Centers, and that's basically they give coupons and food to pregnant women, people with newborns and toddlers. And some of those fuckers would hit on me KNOWING they have a pregnant girlfriend. I found that very disrespectful to me and their babymamas.

You deal with a lot of bullshit. "The customer is always right".
    My ass.
    You need patience for the rude customers and manners for everyone else.
    You meet interesting people, so I liked it. Even with all the desperate dudes hitting on you.

• I've been so naive growing up. I completely agree with you, that's disrespectful to a whole other level... you know my respect for CSRs increased just by reading this. Sometimes I've been a little rude thinking well why are they being difficult, but now I think they're human too and have to deal with all kinds of people, who am I to judge?