What is the meaning of "awwww" in text messages?

The guy that I like just texted me "awwww, thanks" after I told him that I enjoyed hearing from him. A couple of my girlfriends say that this is an endearing thing and a sign he's feeling me too. I say it's just a word and am trying not to get myself excited over nothing.

What say you? How often do guys text "awwww" to girls and is it a good thing, bad thing, a sign he does like me ( again I say it's just a word)?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't send it very often so it's a good sign since it's expressing emotion in text

0|0
    0|0
  • aww means he/she finds your message cute

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It means he liked what you said and found it cute. XD

1|3
    0|0
  • I use it when someone says something sweet, just means I'm deeply moved emotionally.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• I highly doubt it's an acronym as that is far too many letters for an acronym.

When I say it out loud it sounds like when you have banged your knee rate hard on a sharp corner and it makes you temporarily paralysed with severe pain, numbness and lack of ability to even move, so you're just lying there with your face on the floor and your knee just feels like it got hit very hard with a dinosaur bone or a trumpet.

So that, probably.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would guess it's a good sign. I've never said it but I can't imagine it being a bad thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • He likes what you said. Its endearing and a good thing

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do users keep linking to this post?

1|0
    0|0
  • It means i am gay

0|0
    0|0
  • It just means what you said was sweet

0|0
    0|0
  • It means he was touched hearing from you

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Many times its a good thing. Most guys in my opinion who reply awww to messages like the one you sent simply find the message sweet or cute ( that your thinking on them).

0|0
    0|0
  • Why does writing awww directs me to this question

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes