Communication has been a big issue for Capricorn man and myself (Capricorn woman) and it led to our biggest argument yet. Did I overreact?

We are both stubborn. I am more expressive and willing to talk things out. He usually shuts down after he makes his point or he goes ghost until he is not mad anymore. Our biggest argument happened in January of this year. It was over something so stupid, money unfortunately. In November, myself and his brother loaned him money and he gave me back half 2 weeks later. He asked for another 2 weeks, which was fine. It only became a problem when he would keep telling me that he would send me back the money on a certain day and then when that day came, it never happened. I would ask him about the money only b/c he would say "I'll send the money tonight or tomorrow or on Monday". I thought he just kept forgetting. Then, one day I asked about it, and he blocked me. So i requested the money via BOFA. He unblocked me and told me he would send the money that night, but again, he didn't.

I finally confronted him about lying and he was responding like a complete a-hole. All he could say was "how long has it been really?" When that was not the point. When i explained where i was coming from, he said "ok, my bad." I told him that he could have lmk he needed more time, he did not have to lie and that was my only problem. Then he says "haven't you heard of a quiet favor?" Just asking stupid questions. I know that he knew he was wrong, but wouldn't admit it. My friend told me sometimes men will lie about the smallest things but mean no harm, but that is so hard for me to believe. After the fight, he said "you'll get it (the money) on Monday". Monday came and then Tuesday. Nothing. I said some things that I should not have said. I told him that he was not a man :/ Then i had brought up all the other times that he has not communicated simple things and how the world did not revolve around him. I then told him to keep the money. He just never responded. That was in January and it is now June. I just cannot get over how stupid this was and now we aren't talking. Was I wrong?

Post Opinion