I am alive today because of an organ donor

Murse

18 months ago I received a liver transplant, after being sick for almost 4 years. I was on the transplant list for one year before recieving my gift of life. A month before I got my liver, I had taken a turn for the worst. I told my wife we had to prepare that I was going to die. We have 2 teenage boys, and I wanted to be strong for them, but I thought I was going to die. One month later I got the call. 18 months later, here I am. I am not 100 percent, but, life is so good. I golfed for the first time in 4 years yesterday....this is a huge story, and I would be happy to answer any and all questions you may have. My purpose in life now is to spread the word of organ donation. Life is so good!!!!

Thank you for reading

Pre-transplant having fluid drained
Pre-transplant having fluid drained

2 days post
2 days post
84 Staples!
84 Staples!
Today!
Today!
1
2

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

12
  • Kaytiee
    I AM SO HAPPY THINGS WORKED OUT FOR YOU! This Is really something hard to go through and to experience, and I'm so glad you got through it!

Hey, I also just got accepted to college today! So It looks liek both of our lives are taking a turn for the better!
    • Murse

Awesome day!!! Congrats to you. What are you taking?

• Thatsamazing
    That's awesome man, good luck out there. Everyone who can be a donor should be a donor.
    • Murse

I agree, and thank you

• Guitar97
    Excellent story. Very inspirational!!!