Is 94/53 good blood pressure?

Is 94/53 good blood pressure?

914

Most Helpful Guy

• That's quite low but them type of blood pressure monitors can be inaccurate so your doctor is your best choice.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • If your blood pressure is 120/80 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg) or lower, it’s considered normal. Generally, if the blood pressure reading is under 90/60 mm Hg, it is abnormally low and is referred to as hypotension. Some adults regularly have a blood pressure in the hypotensive range, but have no symptoms at all and do not require treatment. In serious cases, though, hypotension can result in a decreased supply of oxygen and nutrients to your brain, which can eventually lead to life-threatening shock.

• You're Welcome :) Hope you feel better!!!

• Thank you for Most Helpful Guy :)
      Hope your feeling much better!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• It's low. You should be sitting at around 120/80. I would talk to a doctor if you haven't already. Especially if you are feeling unwell and have symptoms.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • That's not true at all. Under 120/80 is just a guidepost. In fact, over 80 diastolic is verging into unhealthy.

• Doctor consider anything over 120/80 borderline high to high. Anything lower borderline low to low. Do some research.

Of course over 80 is getting into being unhealthy. But sitting at or slightly below is where they want it. 53 is low though no matter how you look at it.

• So the range you should be at is 90-120/60-80. 120/80 is borderline prehypertensive so it's preferred to actually be around 110/70. Of course you have to look at age, weight, etc. So for a 70 year old, 120/80 is great but for a 15 year old it isn't amazing.