Is 94/53 good blood pressure?

Is 94/53 good blood pressure?

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• That's quite low but them type of blood pressure monitors can be inaccurate so your doctor is your best choice.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • If your blood pressure is 120/80 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg) or lower, it’s considered normal. Generally, if the blood pressure reading is under 90/60 mm Hg, it is abnormally low and is referred to as hypotension. Some adults regularly have a blood pressure in the hypotensive range, but have no symptoms at all and do not require treatment. In serious cases, though, hypotension can result in a decreased supply of oxygen and nutrients to your brain, which can eventually lead to life-threatening shock.

• Show All
    • You're Welcome :) Hope you feel better!!!

• Thank you for Most Helpful Guy :)
      Hope your feeling much better!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• It's low. You should be sitting at around 120/80. I would talk to a doctor if you haven't already. Especially if you are feeling unwell and have symptoms.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • That's not true at all. Under 120/80 is just a guidepost. In fact, over 80 diastolic is verging into unhealthy.

• Doctor consider anything over 120/80 borderline high to high. Anything lower borderline low to low. Do some research.

Of course over 80 is getting into being unhealthy. But sitting at or slightly below is where they want it. 53 is low though no matter how you look at it.

• So the range you should be at is 90-120/60-80. 120/80 is borderline prehypertensive so it's preferred to actually be around 110/70. Of course you have to look at age, weight, etc. So for a 70 year old, 120/80 is great but for a 15 year old it isn't amazing.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• You're actually not too bad like what most people here are saying. The 53 is low but 94 isn't too bad, especially if you're a really small person. You should have your pressure checked on a regular basis so you know what's normal for you. I know people who normally run around 90/60-65 and it's okay for them because they're like 90 pounds. Whereas I normally run around 110/70 so if my pressure was anywhere close to 90/60 it would be considered low

0|0
    0|0
  • It's low but mine also stays low all the time. Trying a bit of salt is one thing my mom told me once to increase your bp once xD I'll ask you to try that out but do see a doctor to confirm nothing is wrong with your body!

0|0
    0|0
  • That's extremely low. Your blood is not circulating properly.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's supposed to be 120/80 as I remember

0|0
    1|0
    • I really have no idea, I need to google it

• But I guess it's low blood pressure you need to eat a salty thing or something

• Too low. See a doctor and let him check you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your diastolic pressure is super low

0|0
    0|0
  • 120/80 is healthy, so no you're below.

0|0
    1|0
  • Are you alive? Lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Its on the lower side

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • Quite low

0|0
    0|0
  • Its low BP

0|0
    0|0
  • Low really

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• Yes, that's an athlete's bp. I'm proud that mine stays around 95/50 and my doctor told me I'm in the best shape of any of his patients. My resting pulse is like 40 bpm.

0|0
    0|0
  • OMG. Are you still breathing?
    Go see the Doctor. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • No it is not good and I learned that in 5th grade how do you not know this

0|0
    0|0
  • Kinda low, drink some water.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's actually quite low

0|0
    1|0
  • What’s your normal range? What’s your heat rate? Any other abnormal symptoms? Are you tall and slim?

0|0
    0|0
  • A normal diastolic blood pressure is lower than 80. But even if your diastolic number is lower than 80, you can have elevated blood pressure if the systolic reading is 120-129.

80-89 is stage 1 hypertension.

90 or more is stage 2 hypertension.

120 or more is a hypertensive crisis.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s quite low, drink plenty of fluids to try and bring it up a bit more towards 110/80 minimum ideally.

1|0
    1|0
    • Is the systolic that matter the most, which is the top number. Textbook rand is 120 but as long as it’s over 110 it’s okay but just need to keep an eye on it.

Recommended myTakes