What's the real reason we get excited about weddings, even as an atheist?

Even though our plans of getting married really started as a bargain between us (we're not in love, not infatuated but he knows the deal and agreed to it), there are still feelings involved too, just differently than younger people in their early 20's. I might not be madly in love but developed a deep appreciation and fondness for him. I do like him and plan on remaining his loyal companion out of morals and character.

Yet I'm excited for my wedding. I've never had this happened before. My own wedding and me and my parents as the organizers of the event, wow. We're both atheists and it'll be done at a courthouse.

I've realized that even before modern dating, we always got excited about our own weddings. I guess it's our own female nature. I even drank at home. What's the real reason we get excited about a wedding, esp our own?

Post Opinion