What’s so great about being 17?

There are so many songs that mention the age 17 and MTV had that show called “When I was 17,” like that’s the best year. Next month I turn 18. I can say being 17 was fun. But like the song Strawberry Wine says I’m “stuck between a woman and a child.” There are some Friday nights I do crazy stupid things with friends, spend the night at their house, then Saturday morning we go play on a playground. I started senior year so am anxious to graduate however I’m realizing how bittersweet that truly is. This year is when my eyes opened up to how scary, cruel, difficult, thrilling, and wondrous the world we live in is. I’ve started noticing my political, social, moral, and Christian beliefs becoming more prominent. To me seventeen has been confusing and exciting. But I don’t understand why this age seems to stick out to people. Do you?

64

Most Helpful Guy

• My favorite time in my life was when I had just turned 18. Had a lot of things going for me, not to mention I had a body of an Abercrombie and fitch model ha ha (girls are just as shallow as guys, I used to get hit on and checked out constantly, but now that I'm just a skinny guy with no muscles it very rarely happens). Also, I had just met the only girl I have I ever loved at that time. The second half of being 18 though sucked.

I'm loving my life right now too, been a college grad for about half a year, I have good friends, freedom, no major responsibilities, decent paying job that I enjoy, and I still have a very bright future. I have a feeling that 2013 and 2014 are going to be the best years of my life :)

• for me 18 was really the age that I lost my innocence, so it was a very special time for me.

What Guys Said 3

• It's like the last year until you realize how tough the real world is.

• 17 allows you to get into R rated movies, without an adult. Also, 17, to a girl, is supposedly really special. Then again, what age, isn't special to a girl

• Winger wrote a song called "seventeen". You should check it out. Cold also wrote a song about a girl who was only 17, called "sad happy". You should check that out as well

• I couldn't wait to be older but you don't realize until you are older how great it is to be younger

What Girls Said 6

• “stuck between a woman and a child.”

That is exactly why...

You can be adult..

You can be childish..

and at 17.. your whole life is just about to open up...

• Welcome to reality. The feeling you have will continue all thruough your life. As you experience triumphs and tragedies, wins and losses you get to know what you are made of. That is the stuff confinedce is made out of.

• idk. I had a terrible time at 17. I feel things got better once I left high school. I have adult problems to worry about now, like work, college, bills, etc. still beats high school though. at least for me. :D

• It's different from person to person.

I was still very innocent at 17. (I say that like it was 20 years ago, or something, lol) A lot has changed since then. I've changed a lot since then. 17 was the last year of my childhood.

• That's true. Everyone is different. Age really doesn't mean much...experience and perceptions do.

• Honestly nothing. You can't do anything. I'm 21 and I'm living the best time of my life

• I'm 17, anddd it's really not that special.