We All Eat Lies When Our Hearts Are Hungry

CHARismatic110

DISCLAIMER: I LITERALLY OPENED UP THE MYTAKE TEMPLATE AND STARTED WRITING MY THOUGHTS. IF YOU'RE EXPECTING THE USUAL CHARISMATIC TAKE, THIS ISN'T IT.

I know many of you have probably seen this quote somewhere or heard it before. It's currently the cover image on my profile. I personally have probably said this to myself a thousand times. I've been thinking a lot lately about how we end up in positions to have hungry hearts. To have a heart that is so malnourished of love and starved of affection. A heart that is so thirsty for companionship and intimacy. A heart that is willing to eat lies and drink deception just to fill the void within. The void that we know that if we don't fill, we'll get lost in. So we settle. We settle for someone who didn't choose us first but "loves us anyway". We settle for "I want you, just not the relationship". We settle. And our hearts are content. Until they aren't. You can't feed the heart lies and deception and expect it to stay full. That's the thing about a hungry heart that we find out the hard way. We let the overwhelming feeling of wanting to be wanted and loved and to give love combine with the things I mentioned earlier grow until it's suffocating. So we fill our plates with large portions of being treated like an option when they're our priority and "it was just one time, it didn't mean anything", and we fill our cups from the fountain of tears cried behind closed doors. All in the name of a hungry heart that'll never truly be full until you can feed and satisfy it on your own first.

Some of you may say "that could never be me", but don't be so quick. Just because you aren't eating the lie doesn't mean that you aren't the lie that someone else is eating.

#CHARismaticOut

10
10
10Girl Opinion
10Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• newbie2015
    Yes! I hear you. I know many of the things i crave have been my down falling in the past. I yearn for men to say i love you immediately. But its a lie bc they dont know me. Its often an obsession. I yearn to be an instant part of someone's life but then get bored easily. I yearn for pda and affection, but i myself am annoyed by clingy guys after a week.

And here i am dating someone who has all the qualities i REALLY want and i keep second guessing and attempting to sabatogue it. Because it is me and needing to feed my insecurities that is taking control.
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
    • It's a never ending cycle that seems impossible to break

• newbie2015

Yes. But acknowledging its ne and taking responsibilities is a first step. I AM changing. I do believe even old dogs can learn new tricks ;)

• Lol good attitude

Most Helpful Guy

• Namkrow
    I guess. After the first and only girl I ever had romantic feelings for broke my heart by making out with another guy in public and had the audacity to cry and beg me not to break up with her, I put relationship nonsense behind me. I don't need it, I don't care.
    Like 2 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • Good on you mate. It takes some of us more than one time to learn unfortunately.

• Namkrow

Good thing I'm a swift learner, then. I am a loner, don't need people in my life and got that lesson out of the way early. Too many people out there who aren't right for us and not nearly easy enough to find the one who is. At this point in my life, I don't even know if I could be happy in a relationship.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

99
  • Angelina25
    Sad but true.
    Like 1 Person
  • EpicDweeb
    As a Christian I find this intriguing. I've always believed that there's a certain vacuum that exists within everyone that can only be filled by Christ/the holy spirit. I've always imagined the emptiness as a certain hungering feeling. The way in which this parallels that idea intrigues me greatly.
    Like 1 Person
    • I'm also a Christian. And it is thought that that longing feeling can only be cured with the love of Christ, but it doesn't always play out that way.

• EpicDweeb

For certain there are other things we crave as people. I do think however that when we are filled with the love of Christ and are actively living for Him, God is faithful in the rest. We may not always be perfectly happy, but I think we will live fulfilling lives if our focus is on what we can do to serve God rather than what God may do for us.

• I don't disagree. After all that is the goal of being Christian. But I'd be lying if I said it was that easy.

• RSV10
    I dont eat peoples lies, even if my heart is hungry. I cannot stand lies and when i catch a person lying to me, with no 'lesser than two evil' roots, i dismiss them altogether. I dont lie, or consciously make an effort to always remain truthful and i won't settle for anything less :)
    Like 1 Person
    • I don't know anyone who does like liars lol.

• RSV10

I think a lot of people fall in love with liars, even when they know the person is lying, they chose to remain oblivious lol.

• SirRexington
    I think it was pretty charismatic. It is true too. It's why I don't date. If I find the one then I find her, a date at a bar won't be the one. We have sex to fill the hole in our stomach but it doesn't close the hole, it just makes it bigger.

You are very smart and I hope you can find someone to fill that void. You are probably a really cool person, but it seems cool people are not the ones pairing up.
    Like 1 Person
    • That's also true. Meaningless sex is just that. But thanks. I hope the same for you. It does seem like all the cool people end up with the worst of the worst.

• milettescheepers
    We want to believe certain things in order to stay positive in this cruel world cause if you open your eyes and really see the world itl be a big disappointment
    Like 1 Person
  • klokje
    The opposite of hungry exists also. And you do not want them anymore and they stand before a closed door even they knock. This stage as reached already but is kept hidden by many. They take what the can have but they know what they can have never again and where they are not welcome ever again. How they deal with their pain is unknown. But revenge is on their menu. But it will not solve their problems ever again and they are forced eternal to seek it elsewhere and so they keep seeking eternal to what they never find but first thought was not worse fighting for. What I mean, see it also from the other side. The whole situation, because many already ended up in that stage of life, especially I think man because it is more a man's issue and man do never talk about it but pretend to each other they do well and wonderful when they die inside. Many are thin for that reason cause it eats at them from the inside out. This way they make many women believe, that those women satisfy them while they are not. But they have no option or they have to live in a monastery and become a pastor.
  • DanoMR98
    Wow OP, this hit me in the feels.

I have been mostly a loser in this area for my whole life. It's getting to a point where I'm genuinely starting to hate women.

For a long time it was rejection and getting stood up. There were a few dates here and there, but frankly little chemistry.

I've only ever had feelings for one girl, and we had to split up as a matter of circumstance. She took everything about me and made me feel great. She let me cry in front of her. I told her all my secrets, I told her honestly about all my feelings. She told me she didn't think I was pathetic. She used to build me up, and my self esteem was a lot higher when she was in my life. She was very appreciative of the things I'd do for her, I was very gracious for the time of day she'd give me. I had to cut her out of my life because I can't stand the thought of her being with someone else a year or two from now. It was painful for me.

It's not like I fully blame them, many of them probably think I'm boring and unattractive. There are little things that pull me down more all the time. Today I had a big pulldown where I found one loner loser I met when we were both like that as teens, and surprise surprise, she's just a slut now - just like the rest of the girls I thought could sympathize with me when I was 16.

Women can never be loner losers the way guys like me can, and that's why I hate them. Typing this out makes me feel terrible. I feel gross and like my heart is full of tar.

Really, I'm not that attractive or interesting to women. I can't blame them, but I still hate them when I think about how they can go onto a dating app and fine a very attractive, taller, fitter, hotter, stronger, smarter, --everything better-- man than me, easily, and with plenty of options to choose from.

Fuck this gay earth, OP. I can't even see a fucking couple in public anymore without being triggered like a crybaby bitch, in fact, I might just be one.
    • I'm sorry you've had it so rough

• klokje

When I was young I thought Oh boy what if I was a boy, and look at all the ugly woman. And I thought if I was born a man I would have trouble finding or being with a woman without being gay of course. When I read your words It felt like what I thought way back then in those old days a long time ago when I was still very young. It is also the character of woman what I talk about here of course. Not to forget that ugly characters also start with people already at the young age and that stays with them their whole life where they literally never change of course. I do not know if anybody has still hope for that but give up I would say in that case if that would be so and perhaps you dream over and over again but you get disappointed again and evil people are not a little evil but very evil. So I understand you very well. But we never give up also and there might be a wonderful person and woman for you any way of course. All I say is I understand you completely and so I think you are a nor

• klokje

normal.

• Tomblebee
    I never know when I'm full though until I find myself wanting to puke.
    Like 1 Person
    • It's usually hard to get full but I can see how it would be easy to fill up on things so enticing.

• Tomblebee

I was talking about food.
      Nice take by the way.

• Lol sure thing.

• Jon_25
    It definitely happens much more than it needs to. Good take.
    Like 1 Person
  • douride2
    I know how you feel. It has been along time for me to. I don't want to admit it but I would take almost any type of intimate companionship now.
    Like 1 Person
    • Yup and that's a dangerous place to be in.

• douride2

Just using GAG as a crutch to get by in recent weeks.

• monkeynutts
    I'm sure you are a beautiful woman, you deserve a good loving partner. Try not to settle for something substandard.
    Like 1 Person
  • HopelessPaul
    Speaking for others than oneself is rather counterproductive and generalizing, if not a red flag.

Like 1 Person
  • jacquesvol
    hungry for those lies.
    That's how ads and political campaigns work
    Like 3 People
  • questionsWanswers
    I thought from the title this was going to be about fake news. Anyone else hate this world we live in?
  • AmandaYVR
    Beautifully said. 💚
    Like 1 Person
  • ashley1996
    Great mytake.
    Like 1 Person
  • zagor
    Meh, I think I'm over all that shit for good...
    Like 1 Person
  • CT_CD
    Beautiful
    Like 1 Person