My Thoughts on Lying

If you tell the truth, you never have to remember anything.

My Thoughts on Lying

Trust

When someone lies to me, I'm usually not upset that they lied to me. I'm upset that I can't trust what they say anymore. I can't believe them. I won't accept your answers.

Lying is not, unlike popular thought, an advantage over the victim. It is only hurting yourself. A liar doesn't gain an advantage. I've learned that a lying person has to continue faking reality, as the person who is lied to thinks that something other than reality is true. Liars become the slave to those who are lied to because, in order to uphold that lie, more lies need to be told. It is a self-destruction.

My Thoughts on Lying

Destruction

Things fall apart very easily when they are glued together by lies. Big lies only hurt people. Lies only aggravate deep thinkers, because it doesn't make sense and this confusion will hurt them more than the truth ever could.

Lies only make the wrong facts more concrete. They don't teach us anything or cure anything, they don't help us learn or grow or develop. They create a fantasy, a twisted up life that just looks better.

No one has a good enough memory to continue to lie and be successful about it. Someone who spends their life lying and learning how to live a lie soon becomes unable to live in the reality and tell the truth.

My Thoughts on Lying

Inevitability

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.” -Abraham Lincoln

Liars are cowardly. Anybody can lie. The lowest lowlife can lie. A real person doesn't twist the truth or hide from it because they can face the truth even when it is unpleasant. Lies require commitment.

My Thoughts on Lying

Everyone loves a lie

A lie is not the truth. The point of a lie is to please us. The truth is a lot more bitter than twisted up reality, we all love lies because the truth doesn't care about anyone's happiness. Denial is lying to yourself, people do it all the time. Why? It gives comfort. “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.” -Adolf Hitler (1 thing I agree with)

The thing that is successful about an illusion is the fact that everybody wants to believe in it.

My Thoughts on Lying

Lying to yourself

“Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love.” - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Delusions are amazing, they are so convincing. If you can't tell the truth about yourself to yourself, there is no way you can tell it to others.

My Thoughts on Lying

“Over time, hidden truths morph in the dark soil of deceit into something much worse.”
― Patti Callahan Henry

My Thoughts on Lying

213
FadedGrenade is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• Often I'm honest, but sometimes I do lie to not hurt someone. If someone asks me what I think about their new haircut or their new clothing after they've bought it, I do sometimes lie and say I likes it although I don't because I don't see the reason to hurt someone more than necessary. It's called a white lie. There's no point in attacking people's self esteem more than necessary.

Most Helpful Girl

• What if I say, if I didn't lie about going to see my ex to my parents they would have grounded me forever?

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 12

• Alrighty

• I wish I could get through life by being myself, but people are judgmental and make assumptions so I have to lie sometimes. For example I haven't had a girlfriend before and if a date finds this out she'll never see me again because she'll think I'm a player which I'm not. I want a relationship.

• I find it way too easy to lie. My whole life often seems like a lie. I lie because it is expedient. The result is that no one really knows me, and I don't know myself. I've tried out the opposite extreme, radical honesty, but that just became weird.

• Good stuff. Often I seem to forget that "prefer not to answer" is an option, and those times I may find myself justifying lies, so I guess I'd better work on that.

• Great points. Lying is just stupid and unnecessary most of the time.

• Lying has its purposes but for the most part its better to be honest

• Lol great but sometimes, lies are better🤣

• Thank you. I agree.

• I never lie

• "It's bad" in over 1000 words. Great.

• Don't lie..

• If its something you done and you know that the person would be very upset, sometimes its best to just let time go by and sometimes it works out

What Girls Said 1

• Everybody lies.