10 Celebrities With Natural Hair Colors You'd Never Guess

If you don't know these celebrities very well and have just seen them in a couple of movies or TV-series, you may be surprised that they actually looks differently naturally. Not every celebrities goes under the knife to get a drastic change that seems natural, some sticks with hair dye and makeup alone.

With that natural look, could you guess she was blonde?

1) Eva Green

Eva Green often has black hair in her roles. The picture to the right is her natural hair color.

Eva Green is an actress and she's known for playing in the TV-series Penny Dreadful and the movies The Golden Compass, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and 300 for example. She often plays mysterious characters and has black hair in most of her roles, but in real life she has natural blonde hair. The black hair you're used to see is actually hair dye.

It looks natural combined with her well done makeup. I was a fan of her playing the role as the witch Serafina Pekkala in The Golden Compass. I admit I was a bit disappointed when I was younger and found out how wrong I was believing something that wasn't true.

2) Katy Perry

Left: Dyed hair Right: Natural hair color

Katy Perry is the pop star that singed "Roar", "Dark Horse" and "Firework" for instance. She has dyed her hair in multiple hair colors, but do usually sport completely black hair. Naturally she's a blondine.

3) Anna Paquin

Left: Natural hair color Right: Dyed hair

Anna Paquin often has blonde hair, but she's actually naturally dark brunette. But with the makeup she use for her skintone and the well-dyed hair, not everyone could guess it.

4) Jennifer Aniston

Left: Hair dye Right: Natural hair color

Friends' famous actor Jennifer Aniston isn't a natural blondine either. She's also a brunette like Anna Paquin.

5) Emma Stone

Left: Emma Stone as blonde Right: Emma Stone with orange hair dye

For fans who knows Emma Stone very well, this may not be surprising. But for new watchers who have seen her with orange hair may be a bit surprised. The actress could pass as a ginger as much as a blonde.

6) Madonna

Madonna is a famous musical artist. In addition she has played in many movies. Her fair hair is an iconic trademark she has. I couldn't imagine her as a brunette. She has almost black hair.

7) Elvira

She has a gothic dressing style and since many people of that alternative style dyes their hair, it's not that surprising that she used hair dye as well. But it's difficult to guess which hair color she actually has. She could be blonde, brunette or hazel. But she's a redhead, believe it or not.

8 ) Emmelie De Forest

The Danish singer with different hairstyles

Emmelie De Forest; The Danish singer are most famous for winning the Eurovision sing contest with the song "Only teardrops" with all the drums in the background. She performed her song with blonde hair. She can transform the way she looks with both makeup, different hairstyles and colors. She's naturally brunette too.

Actually I've trolled GirlsAskGuys twice asking which woman was the most beautiful and people believed I gave five options to choose from, but it was only two women I showed the community. It was Emmelie De Forest on four of the pictures and Emilia Clarke on the fifth. Here you can see the thread.

9) Emilia Clarke

Left: Natural hair color Middle: Dyed Right: Blonde wig

For people who hasn't seen Emilia Clarke in other roles than Daenerys Targaryen in Game of Thrones would maybe think she rocked the characters trademark in real life too. Her plantium blonde hair is dark brown in real life, not medium blonde or hazel colored like many believed. Emilia Clarke is also a more cheerful and smiley person in the interviews than as the show's Khaleesi.

10) Allisions Williams

Left: Natural hair color Right: Hair dye

I'm not familiar with Allisions Williams and she's a new celebrity I discovered recently. After seeing a picture of her as blonde, I first assumed she was it naturally. In one of the picture it looked like she was born that way. Maybe like a blondine who just put even lighter highlights in her hair or bleached it a couple of shades lighter. After googling her I found out she was another brunette.

Conclusion:

Natural or not? Confusing!
Natural or not? Confusing!

After seeing all these celebrities surprising the easily fooled me, I now knows that I can never trust a person's hair color anymore. It may or may not be real. With good hair dyes, makeup and contact lenses, you can change your look a lot and still look natural. So people who don't know you may not be able to tell. It's not as easy to guess as I first thought.

I usually guessed by looking at people's skin tone and eye colors. I think the transformations are fascinating and cool. It's interesting to see how people can change their looks for a role, but I do at the same time think people should be happy with the way they looks naturally. Beauty exists in different colors.

Tell me in the comments which celebrity surprised you most, and if you wants a part 2.

#HairDye #Transformation

54
curiousnorway is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 5

• Wow that's so surprising *-*
    Jennifer Aniston with dark hair look a bit like Jlo (when she have her natural hair).
    I think that Eva Green, Anna Paquin and Katy Perry look much better with dark hair, it make them stand out more.

Personally I don't think I would pass for a blonde my eyes are a dark turquoise / green (depending on the light) and my skin have an olive undertone even if I'm real pale so it would look very weird.

• Judging from the descriptions I also think you would look better keeping your natural dark colors. You wouldn't suit being blonde or a redhead. But I've not seen a picture of you, so it's hard to tell.

• Dark really does suit her but it also maybe that particular shade of blonde. But you maybe right.

• @Oram52 After it's a bit hard to say since she wear so much make up. I wasn't able to find any pics of her more "natural" with blonde hair ><

• The only one i find shocking is Eva Green, i can't picture her as a blonde. What color is Emma stone naturally?

• Emma Stone is light or medium blonde. But she has bleached her hair one or two shades lighter in the picture.

• Jennifer Aniston was shocking- she looks a lot better as a blonde. Not surprised by Katy Perry at all, though.

• Yes, Jennifer Aniston is definitively one of the most surprising one. Not only do she look way better as blonde, but her skin tone and eyes she has looks more like something a blond person would have. Dark people tends to have another skin tone.

• My hair color is natural don't worry.

• It is interesting

What Guys Said 4

• Love Eva Green she'd be great in Blonde too, blonde femme fatale. Allisions Williams looks good too.

Its not uncommon I'd say at least here in Britain most blondes are fake blondes including my girlfriend. Nothing wrong with it, I would say I ahve slightly higher preference for blondes.

• I thought the UK consisted of mostly white blonde and orange haired people if we're not counting immigrants from Pakistan, Somalia etc. as well. I think Eva Green looks best with black hair.

• If we're not counting immigrants like Pakistani, Iraqis, Somalian etc. , but only racially Norwegian people, I would say ca. 60% of the Norwegian population are regular blondes (light to medium blonde), 20% are probably dark blonde/hazel blonde/hazel brunette, 10% gingers and the rest are probably gray because of age. Naturally black haired people is probably under 5%. Some Norwegians looks "black" for being a Norwegian because of Spanish immigrants.

I think Sweden and Finland have more naturally blondes. But I think both Sweden and Denmark would change quickly because they takes in way more immigrants and refugees than Norway.

• Depends what you mean with tall. The majority of men are about 180 cm and women are often between 160 - 173 cm.

• It's interesting for the natural blondes, most women that change their hair color go heavy with the peroxide at least once. I knew about quite a few of these.

• Wow... 😕 I didn't expect that lol.

• Interesting