Do you prefer multitasking or concentrating on one thing at a time?

The question is pretty self-explanatory. Would you rather do multiple things at the same time or do things one at a time?

• Multitasking.
  • One thing at a time.

1334

What Guys Said 34

• Multitasking is very inefficient unless one task is mindless, like driving and listen to a podcast. Usually I like to work on something in increments of at least 10-20 minutes and often prefer hours+, then do another task. It really depends on the tasks though.

• if the things are interesting, I prefer one at a time. If they are not interesting, I prefer to multi-task.

• Depends on the situation. Usually I would much prefer to do one thing at a time, but I can multitask if I have to

• Multitasking is a myth. Nobody does it well because humans aren't meant to do multiple things at once.

• I do my makeup while watching tv/playing on my computer exceptionally, if I may say so myself.

• I bet you do. I also bet you don't fully take in what's on the TV and/or computer. That is, you're doing one thing poorly in order to do another well.

• depends on how well I want to do something. Like I would do homework while listening to music but if I play guitar I put all my full concentration into it so that I do it to the best of my capabilities. So it just depends

• I feel I'm more productive when I'm multitasking, whereas when I put everything into one thing, I get bored.

• Seeing how I'm a man I prefer doing one thing at a time.

• One thing at a time. Would not be cool to make love and fill out your tax return while you are trying to convince the SWAT team not to storm 🌀 your house while guy are on the phone 📱 with the district attorney disputing the search warrant...😂 😂 😂 😂

• It depends.

• Multitasking is impossible. Your brain can only do one task at a time. But it can switch really quickly thus giving the illusion that you're multitasking. In reapity you're always concentrating on one thing at a time.

• I find multitasking leads to a lack of focus on a task and as a result the overall task takes longer. This outweighs the benefit of doing multiple tasks at once.

• I would prefer multitasking, mainly because it's more of a challenge. Doing multiple things at a time the right way is harder than doing one thing the right way.

• I can't multitask. So one thing at a time.

• I like Multitasking between other websites while on here.

• Is multitasking for real? I thought it was a misnomer for fast shifting of focus.

• I prefer doing one thing at a time but if the situation calls for it I must multitask.

• How about you?

• Depends on the difficulty of the tasks at hand. If they are fairly simple, I like to multitask, but if they are at all difficult, I like to concentrate on one thing at a time.

• One thing at a time, but somehow allow me to sift task if I had enough of it.

• One thing at a time.

• one thing, I've a short attention span as it is so multi-tasking isn't feasible

• One thing at a time, first end one thing before beginning at the next task. Otherwise I get confused.

• In some cases multitasking can lead to confusion, but it's faster and time efficient.

• I've learned that multi tasking is actually not as productive as many believe

• once at a time, defo.

• Depends on what the multi tasks are and what the single thing is...

• I preffer "multitasking" because i get bored doing one thing at a time

• Ya know believe it or not, but the more you split your concentration, the more likely you are to have a decreased ability to concentrate on a single task at one time

• One thing at a time, i tend to loose track !!

• Multitasking

• Multitasking

• Multitasking all day long (hence why I'm writing this as I'm driving)!

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 13

• Multitasking. I am skilled at multitasking lol

I can do a few different tasks at the same while being efficient and the end result is faultless. My work isn't any less exemplary just coz i don't concentrate on one task at a time.

• I'm very good at multitasking, especially at work.

At work I can work drive through by myself. This includes taking orders at the same time as cashing people's orders out, half the time I'm having a conversation that can apply to both the person on my headset and the person at my window. Such as "Hi how are you", or "what kind of sauce would you like today?" It takes me about 5 seconds to greet someone, under 30 seconds to take an order, and 30 seconds to cash an order and pass their food out. I'm handing your drink out as I'm looking at the cash you're handing me, and mentally calculating your change before verbally telling you what your change will be before I even touch your cash or enter anything in my computer. All the while taking the order on my headset for a 7 layer burrito, a meximelt, a chalupa, and a happy hour priced pepsi.

My managers often have to tell me to slow down, because my food makers can't keep up with me, which skews our time. My first day in drive through at my current job was mostly them telling me to talk slower. I'm like this no matter where I work, and it's difficult for others to keep up with my pace. Usually we have two people working the window in the day, when I'm there I'm by myself.

• Everyday life things: chores, errands, etc. I like to multitask.

Men: concentrate on one.

• I used to love multi tasking. Not so much these days

• One thing at a time. Multitasking actually works against you, making you less efficient, not more.

• One thing at a time cause am very good at that. :p

• I can multitask, but think focusing on one thing at a time results in a better quality outcome.

• Ideally one thing at a time. Multi tasking is time consuming, and distracting.

But because I have been so distracted, I find it hard to not have the laptop open while doing my assignments at home.

• Honestly I can't multitask.

• Concentrating on one thing at a time

• Multitasking all day every day

• Doing one thing at a time lets you get everything done faster.

• Multitasking