What does "Bow-Chicka-Wow-Wow" mean?

This expression has always made me laugh; it makes no sense! I’ve heard it comes from “brown chicken, brown cow,” but I’ve also heard that it relates to something sexual. So what does it really mean and when is it generally used?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's just people verbally singing/humming a stereotypical cheesy song from a 70s p*rn movie. In those movies, that's the kind of music that plays right when people start taking their clothes off and getting busy.

0|3
    0|0
    • But it makes no sense.

• Show All
    • They DON'T come in. I've never even heard of that before.

I think someone must have mis-heard the "bow-chicka-wow-wow" and thought they were saying something else, or made up some stupid rhyme, but it's strictly just mimicking the guitar sound of 70s p*rn movies at "sexy time."

• link <- Theme from the movie Shaft, which was late 60s/early 70s funk with heavy wah-wah pedal guitar effects. More or less the style that most 70s p*rn music emulated, and the source of the "sound".

link <- This is the perfect example of the music in use, featuring Ron "The Hedgehog" Jeremy himself! (no sex/nudity, safe for work)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It's sort of a verbal approximation of the sound of a guitar played through a wah-wah pedal. It was used heavily in funk music and has become closely associated with 70s p*rno music in the public mind.

link

0|3
    0|0
  • 0|1
    0|0
    • This scene from Two And A Half Men illustrates it perfectly. Alan is thinking "we'll get married" and Charlie is thinking "hot, dirty 3-way action." Hence the "bow-chicka-wow-wow."

• It basically mean "I'm turned on sexually".

0|0
    0|0
  • Is your boyfriend McLovin'?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's like a saying to get the mood right or that someone is going to get so sex. I actually like the song that mike posner made with it and the video is funny plus he's a cutie.I use to use it when my friends use to say they would be going out on dates I'd say it to tease then and play around but I never really hear it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means I wanna put my little pinky in your stinky.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes