What does "Bow-Chicka-Wow-Wow" mean?

This expression has always made me laugh; it makes no sense! I’ve heard it comes from “brown chicken, brown cow,” but I’ve also heard that it relates to something sexual. So what does it really mean and when is it generally used?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• It's just people verbally singing/humming a stereotypical cheesy song from a 70s p*rn movie. In those movies, that's the kind of music that plays right when people start taking their clothes off and getting busy.

• But it makes no sense.

• They DON'T come in. I've never even heard of that before.

I think someone must have mis-heard the "bow-chicka-wow-wow" and thought they were saying something else, or made up some stupid rhyme, but it's strictly just mimicking the guitar sound of 70s p*rn movies at "sexy time."

• link <- Theme from the movie Shaft, which was late 60s/early 70s funk with heavy wah-wah pedal guitar effects. More or less the style that most 70s p*rn music emulated, and the source of the "sound".

link <- This is the perfect example of the music in use, featuring Ron "The Hedgehog" Jeremy himself! (no sex/nudity, safe for work)