He texted me "Hey girl" but he usually calls me Babe. What does that mean?

This guy says he likes me. We do more texting back and forth than anything. The last time I saw him he said he really wanted to spend some one on one time with me - usually we are around a bunch of people. We were suppose to see each other but he then told me he has to work and doesn't know if we can hang out. When he sent me the text, he said "Hey girl", etc... I don't know how to take that. Is he trying to say he really just wants to be friends?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Men usually don't talk to people and want to hang out with you if they don't like you.

Is a switch of words that noticeable?

Honestly? It wouldn't mean anything.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Guys tend not to be the best when it comes to speaking due to being left-brained. Some guys stick to babe, chick, girl, etc. so they don't get caught saying the wrong name. But if he said girl all the time and said babe this time... it doesn't mean anything. You are reading into things and over-analyzing the situation.

1|1
    0|0
  • Oh that's a hard one... Hmmm... I think that could mean... Hmmm... NOTHING.

0|2
    0|0
  • It means that you are overanalyzing.

I certainly don't think about what kind of hidden meaning I'm going to put under each way I may greet someone.

0|1
    0|0
  • He's probably just trying to avoid sounding like a monotonous robot.

0|1
    0|0
  • switching from babe to girl means absolutely nothing... don't overanalyze each word, you'll go mad.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes