What does it mean when a guy gives you his jacket, and says he doesn't care if you have it?

He also doesn't care if you wear it, but when you share it with another girl... he says, why did you let her wear my jacket? ( I feel like)what is that supposed to mean? when he said that...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a modern way of "marking your territory", he wanted you to keep it and ONLY you to wear it because he feels it will show the world you belong to him. Thus it means he likes you a lot, and was a little chagrined when your friend wore it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I never thought of it that way. Thanks :) Everyday I bring him diet cokes because he has dibeteis. what do you think that means to him? I mean I give people stuff in general, like money and food. I'm just a caring person, but this guy is different and I don't know if he knows I like him. how can I tell him without actually sayin it?

• He probably appreciates that, well I hope he would lol.

Spend time around him, be a little flirty, and hopefully he picks up on it haha.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I can't tell on that one because my guy friends have done the same thing for me plenty of times with the tshirt thing, and us be strictly friends. But with the jacket, I would say he might have some kind of interest in you(:

0|0
    0|0
    • well here is the problem... when we went skating, he met this girl and now he is dating her, but I can tell that he made the wrong decision and he is wondering how to get out of it. he still gives me his stuff though, and he gives me hugs almost every morning... what do you think that is supposed to mean?

• maybe because he gave it to YOU and nobody else, plus if he said that he more than likely meant he only wanted you wearing it(: if you like him then its a complete good sign(:

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks :) he also gave me a shirt, but I had asked him if he had something I could wear since my shirt wasn't up to "snuff"... he gave me one that was too small for him... so what does that mean? jw :)

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes