At some point does it get pathetic saying ''I love you or you're the love of my life'' in relationships?

Nowadays more relationships end up in break-ups. So what was that ''I love you'' or ''you're the love of my life'' words for if you can replace them easily with someone else if things don't work out?

Too many stories of people claiming they always loved an ex so much and still love them, how they were the love of their lives.. yeah so much that you didn't end up forming a family with them. Do those words get so pathetic at some point? Why say too much if you're not going to remain with them long-term? Why say too much if they'll just end up as only distant memories and feeling invested, nothing else?

Post Opinion