If hell exists, what do you expect to be there?

The more descriptive the answer the better.
4 d ago
I posted the opposite question yesterday, if it interests you: What do you expect to find in heaven (if you expect to go there)? ↗
4 d ago
I won’t name anyone, but I want to add that no one is entitled to force their beliefs onto others.

316

Most Helpful Guy

• I expect Heaven and Hell to be the biggest lie in the bible. I think if there is a hell then it is the only acceptable afterlife. Heaven by definition takes away freedom of will, and thus freedom in general. This is because in Heavan you can't sin, and you can't be unhappy (according to Jude 1:24). This might not seem like much, but imagine if you met someone in heaven who had seriously wronged you. Imagine if you met someone who raped and murdered your wife before he converted to christianity. Imagine if you met the person who murdered you in heaven, how could you be happy living around a person who wronged you so seriously and was not adequately punished for it? In my understanding of heaven it would take away your freedom to think and have opinions, you would basically be a robot that is forced to feel happy and do as God wishes. I think in Heaven everyone would exist as mindless slaves, it is actually a punishment for the people who sold their morality to a God, someone who would sell out their own morality in order to secure their salvation has no morals, and since the bible has immorality people who accept the bible have to accept things like slavery, they have to accept things like female subjugation, otherwise they are not really following the book completely. Christians love to write off parts of their bible as allegory without any reason other than that they think it must be allegory (because otherwise it would go against Gods nature and it would mean God is immoral), but this is a fallacy, you dont just get to decide what is and is not allegorical.

Which is why I think Hell must be misunderstood or lied about by people in the bible. Hell is choice itself, the same way Satan is, Satan offered Eve the apple after all. I think in hell the immoral people are punished to the extent that they deserve, but the moral people who refused to follow an immoral God will be rewarded.

With that said I have no evidence for this and I dont think Hell exists, but with all the contradictions in the bible I dont know what to expect about hell, so I chose to pick my own interpretation of Hell.

• 3 d ago

To be clear I think both Heavan and Hell are a false dichotomy, moral and immoral people, good and bad people go to both. It is a choice of selling your morality to a higher power, or using your knowledge and understanding to follow your own morality.

Tbh I'm just making shit up if it isn't obvious. I've read much of the bible and I love the concept of Satan actually being the good one. The bible never describes Heaven and hell that much and it doesn't give us much on Satan, if interpreted correctly I belief you can see Satan as the Good one and God as the immoral lying devil that wants to lead us astray.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would go by the descriptions in the bible even though they are brief
    They describe things like sulphuric acid
    They describe bottomless pit or abyss
    They describe outer darkness with weeping and gnashing of teeth
    They describe everlasting fire
    They describe worms

Some say those descriptions are allegorical but I take them literally because there is no proof the descriptions are allegorical