Fun Places to Visit Down South During Christmas Time

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Although more known for being a getaway in the summer, Myrtle Beach is abundant in holiday bliss. From the Festival of Trees at the Ripley's Aquarium, the shows at the theaters, The Tree lighting ceremony at Broadway At The Beach to The Night of A Thousand Candles at the Brookgreen Gardens Plantation. Myrtle Beach may not look like a holiday postcard scene, but no doubt the Christmas spirit is there.

Biltmore Estate, North Carolina

This turn of the century mansion owned by the Vanderbilts turns into a Blue Ridge Mountain Christmas stop every November and December. There's fine dining, shops, a winery, the inn, carriage rides, and a house tour that'll really make you feel like you are celebrating Christmas at the turn of the 20th Century.

New Orleans, Louisiana

Great Smoky Mountains,Tennessee/North Carolina

The Smoky Mountains, like Myrtle Beach, are also abundant in holiday spirit, but the Mountains make it look more festive. Miles of light displays, shopping, parades, and even Dolly Parton's Theme Park is open for Christmas magic. Plus there is a Christmas themed Hotel in Pigeon Forge, just a few miles away!

Atlanta, Georgia

(NASCAR tracks: Bristol,Tennessee and Charlotte,North Carolina)

Bristol

Charlotte

Oglebay Festival of Lights (Wheeling,West Virginia)

More information can be found here on that: https://www.oglebay-resort.com/festival.html

If you're ever sown south during the holiday season, be sure to try to visit one of these or any of the other Southern holiday destinations around!

#HappyHolidays

#ChristmastimeDownSouth

6
1

Most Helpful Guy

• Saoirse_Nua
    Great take - I would to do quick visits to those places but I wouldn't get into too much - I am always afraid that if you get into Christmas a lot, the day itself might turn out to be an anti climax so I keep it on the down low
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• Mustachekitteh
    Damn, now I really wish I could go there. I know of a bunch of friends that have already been there but I've never had the chance. :'(
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

50
  • ginny_weasley
    These all look lovely. I like the biltmore estate the best
    • It is even prettier inside! I went there a few years ago with a school group. I have only been to 1,2,4, and 7 for Bristol. Plus at Dolly Parton's Themepark all the rides except the water rides run even the rollercoasters are decorated for Christmas.

• vishna
    Ooh! The biltmore looks amazing. :) There are so many wonderful light shows and scenic drive through trails in the south as well. A few gorgeous ones on the coast.
  • 

• EmpatheticLady
    Ahhh, all the Christmas and holiday lights. Love 'em.
  • MissSakura
    wish could go threre in chrismas
  • Adigelunar
    nice ones